Unable to connect n3DS XL to computer using microSD Management

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Refisio, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Refisio
    OP

Refisio Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys,

recently discovered that I am unable to connect my n3DS XL to my computer when I use microSD Management through the 3DS Settings menu. Currently getting this error whenever I try to access the SD Card through my computer.

The only thing that I have done to the SD Card is install Homebrew Launcher and the steelhax entrypoint. I originally had Menuhax, but uninstalled that through the Menuhax Launcher, and installed basehaxx before getting steelhax for 11.1. I am currently on 11.1.0.34U firmware.

A full album of my 3DS SD Root and my root/3ds folder can be found here.

Edit: This only started to happen after I updated to 11.1 firmware.

Last edited by Refisio, Sep 29, 2016
  2. Bluespheal

Bluespheal GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Woah, I was going to make this same topic, I'm having the exact same issues, just yesterday in the morning I was able to connect no problem and now I can't, I've tried multiple suggestions to no effect, last thing I did was to "install" PCHex++ and used it, but I really doubt it had to do with that. I'm currently at 11.0.0-33U, hope someone is able to shed some light into the problem

3. KibaLight

KibaLight Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    I got that error once, I solved it changing the user/pass/name in the 3DS config.

4. Bluespheal

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Still can't make it work, I've tried tons of things and none work :P

5. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    This happens to anyone that say have used the MicroSD manager, then exited it and started it again, but tried to access the 3DS too early

6. Bluespheal

Sep 5, 2016
    Mexico
    After a lot of time I finally made it work by mere accident, I changed an option in the windows 10 config. to let my computer be regonized by other devices. just go to your network and click on it, I don't know the exact name though since my computer is in spanish, but it's something like "Make this PC recognizable" hope this helps :)

7. Sylargaf

Sylargaf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    Ugh i still can';t get this to work

8. lgnmcrules

lgnmcrules GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    If all else fails, you can use the FTP functions with homebrew.