Hacking Unabilty to connect to internet causing issues for Wii U data transfer

N.Lowlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm trying to do the data transfer between the Wii and the Wii U, since back before I modded my console I did buy quite a few games that I'd like to take with me.
Problem is, I can't see to get my Wii to connect to the internet for me to download the transfer utility on it, I've even bought a Ethernet adapter the the wireless was giving me issues.
So, is there something I can do either to install the Wii U transfer utility without connecting to the shop channel, or a recommendation on how to get the internet connection working again.

I'm getting error code: 52120 from the wired connection, 52121 from the wired connection if I manually input the IP and DNS, and 52132 if connecting through wireless.

Edit:
I can say with relative certainty that it is not a router issue, it's a problem with the Wii itself.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you region change your wii or anything like that, anything that would mess with your setting.txt?

Try to disable the encryption on your router, that is what I would try.

You can install the transfer tool via wad if needed. But if you can't get the shop channel to work, the transfer tool may not work either.

Also, is your issue with the shop channel or the connection test?

N.Lowlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issue is with the connection test, and since it also gives issues with a wired connection I'm fairly certain it's not the router's encryption giving the issue.

And it's entirely possible I've accidentally region changed it in the past when I was being reckless, how would I go about changing that back?

Also where can I find a transfer tool wad? I've been looking around but found nothing.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could give you a transfer tool wad, but it is not going to work without the wii passing the connection test. Try to disable the encryption on the router, or try to plug the wii directly into the modem bypassing the router.

Load wiimod, have a look under the advanced menu. Look in the region settings. What are your settings? Where is your wii in the would (Canada?), and if you region changed what was the original reigion? What are the first few letters of the serial number? Have you had this wii online before? Perhaps run this app http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/3743-CheckRegion-Detect-any-Wii-s-original-region

N.Lowlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Says it's a US wii. So I guess that shouldn't be the problem (I believe?).
And yeah I've had this online before, though since modding it haven't been online very often other than to download game box art.

So, I've plugged directly into my router, or even my modem, and the lights indicate that the wii and the router are communicating, so it's definitely something on the wii causing the problem.
IS there something I can do through wiimod that might help? Change the system version or install anything?
My current IOS is 61 v5405 if that helps at all

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could understand with wireless having problems (I've had a bunch since changing my router last Nov) but wired? That's odd. Are you sure it's connected right? Maybe try another cable? Or another port on the router?

What kind of router are you using?

N.Lowlight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't think it's problem with the router or cable or anything like that. The lights on the router and the wired adapter clearly indicate that there is activity between the two when attempting to test the connection. Plus there's absolutely nothing else I own that has even hints at connection issues, and I own a lot of things.

Though the Wii has been giving me issues in the past with it not passing connection tests, but it always seems to be that once I can slip by a connection test just enough that I can use the connection, then it works fine from then out, but if I accidentally test the connection again, it may fail.
So, guess I should be asking, is there a way I can force the Wii to use a connection without having it test the connection? Or is there something that could have been done that has locked out it ability to pas connection test reliably? Maybe I need to roll back my system version? Though I don't exactly know how to do that, there does seem to be indications that I shouldn't be at v4.2 unless it was done with homebrew software. Which, it may not have been.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.