Hacking Ultra Guide?

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just wondering, I just got 2 acekards from dealextreme (pray for me that it'll work after 2 weeks).
One has on the plastic package (not the envelope) an orange sticker with chinese letters and below them in english "Ultra Guide".
The second package doesn't have this sticker.

Anyone knows what it means?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im guessing its one of those random stickers you get everyonce in awhile. I remember getting my R4 with a sticker with "RIPE" on it >_>

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received two today from DX as well. Both have the Ultra Guide sticker, ha ha. I ordered 06/23 and it shipped 06/25, how about you?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoD131 said:
Just wondering, I just got 2 acekards from dealextreme (pray for me that it'll work after 2 weeks).
One has on the plastic package (not the envelope) an orange sticker with chinese letters and below them in english "Ultra Guide".
The second package doesn't have this sticker.

Anyone knows what it means?
Your post was pretty self-explanatory and all, but I was just wondering, for reference, would you mind taking a picture of both of them for comparison?

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
acek2yy0.png

Pictured for a dx point, but they didn't accept it for some reason. I guess I'll need to take a picture of it playing.
lecture.gif

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
BTW, does anyone have trouble getting the SD in and out?
It's really a pain, plus the acekard doesn't fit perfectly in the DS (requires a lot more force than an original DS cartridge).

One more question: is there a batch converter for the save files? I know there's an online one (but it's really slow and it's one file at a time) and a batch converter for G6, but I don't think it has support for DS-X and Acekard. I have like 70 saves on the DS-X, and converting just one to work was hard (had to caps lock it for some reason, plus manually add the .nds.sav, and at first it didn't even let me overwrite a new save on the SD.)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a little trouble getting the microSD card in and out at first because you have to push it farther than with other carts before it "clicks." But I've gotten used to it and it's fairly easy now using my fingernail.

My Acekard 2 fits into the DS fine. Maybe slightly more resistance than a regular game cartridge, but not much. Besides, I hardly ever take it out of my DS.

I don't know the answer to your other question.

-Bri

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played with the two Acekard2s yet but my Acekard RPG that came in the same order is not smooth on inserting and removal; the word clunky comes to mind. I plan to keep it in my DSL; hope it doesn't adhere itself permanently over time!

update...

My RPG appears to have some flashing (plastic) near the bottom seal where the two case halves meet. A quick attempt to remove some helped, but I have some more attention to give to it. The two Acekard2s don't appear to have any flashing and are smoother than the RPG but a tighter fit than my Passcard. As far as using the Acekard2s, so far so good!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We need someone who can read Chinese to give a proper translation, as I suspect that "Ultra Guide" may not be accurate.

-Bri

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, it's not that big deal, I was just sharing my thoughts.
And Martin (lol, your nickname is giving me a BBCode error), the white ones had an identical number on them, I guess it's the item ID they are using to order all of the items in their warehouse.

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Maybe re-sealed faulty versions!

I was talking about the DX warehouse, anyway.
(They probably have actual bombs for sale, there are just too many products over there.)

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed it with the AK2 card readers; a little stuck then after a little adjustment the card is free. I fear one of these days I'll pull it out to find one of the contacts lifted and bent.

RoD131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Nope, they all come with one.
Anyway, whether it's an 'official' new batch or not, I think it can help specify the latest batch, right?
Cause they are saying they're constantly trying to solve the issues with the factory.

Oh, and I recently experienced a breakdown on one of the AK2 (without the sticker), but I got it like 2-3 weeks before those two.

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to another thread, someone has had 2 ultra guiide, 1 with recoverable fat error.

I am just curious because I have an ultra guide but am unable to test it until my microsd arrives and I'm hoping it will work.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've had "recoverable fat error" before, sometimes it doesn't read the microSD and you have to pull it out and put it back in. Happened to my R4 too and I think it pretty much happens with any flashcart from time to time, jsut as the flashcarts(and all game paks) themselves sometimes fail to be read even when properly inserted and have to be taken out sometime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one