Ultra Guide?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by RoD131, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

Ultra Guide? by RoD131 at 12:14 PM (4,761 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    Just wondering, I just got 2 acekards from dealextreme (pray for me that it'll work after 2 weeks).
    One has on the plastic package (not the envelope) an orange sticker with chinese letters and below them in english "Ultra Guide".
    The second package doesn't have this sticker.

Anyone knows what it means?

2. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    im guessing its one of those random stickers you get everyonce in awhile. I remember getting my R4 with a sticker with "RIPE" on it >_>

3. ROM Troll

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I received two today from DX as well. Both have the Ultra Guide sticker, ha ha. I ordered 06/23 and it shipped 06/25, how about you?

4. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Your post was pretty self-explanatory and all, but I was just wondering, for reference, would you mind taking a picture of both of them for comparison?

5. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    [​IMG]

Pictured for a dx point, but they didn't accept it for some reason. I guess I'll need to take a picture of it playing. [​IMG]

6. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    BTW, does anyone have trouble getting the SD in and out?
    It's really a pain, plus the acekard doesn't fit perfectly in the DS (requires a lot more force than an original DS cartridge).

One more question: is there a batch converter for the save files? I know there's an online one (but it's really slow and it's one file at a time) and a batch converter for G6, but I don't think it has support for DS-X and Acekard. I have like 70 saves on the DS-X, and converting just one to work was hard (had to caps lock it for some reason, plus manually add the .nds.sav, and at first it didn't even let me overwrite a new save on the SD.)

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I had a little trouble getting the microSD card in and out at first because you have to push it farther than with other carts before it "clicks." But I've gotten used to it and it's fairly easy now using my fingernail.

My Acekard 2 fits into the DS fine. Maybe slightly more resistance than a regular game cartridge, but not much. Besides, I hardly ever take it out of my DS.

I don't know the answer to your other question.

-Bri

8. ROM Troll

United States
    Haven't played with the two Acekard2s yet but my Acekard RPG that came in the same order is not smooth on inserting and removal; the word clunky comes to mind. I plan to keep it in my DSL; hope it doesn't adhere itself permanently over time!

update...

My RPG appears to have some flashing (plastic) near the bottom seal where the two case halves meet. A quick attempt to remove some helped, but I have some more attention to give to it. The two Acekard2s don't appear to have any flashing and are smoother than the RPG but a tighter fit than my Passcard. As far as using the Acekard2s, so far so good!

9. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    That's weird, I didn't have either of those two stickers on my pack...

Dunno what it means... [​IMG]

10. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    We need someone who can read Chinese to give a proper translation, as I suspect that "Ultra Guide" may not be accurate.

-Bri

11. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    Well, it's not that big deal, I was just sharing my thoughts.
    And Martin (lol, your nickname is giving me a BBCode error), the white ones had an identical number on them, I guess it's the item ID they are using to order all of the items in their warehouse.

12. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    could be a good sign thats its from a newer factory build too

13. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    or a new bomb version!!!!!

maybe testing versions?

14. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    Maybe re-sealed faulty versions!

I was talking about the DX warehouse, anyway.
    (They probably have actual bombs for sale, there are just too many products over there.)

15. 704jaffer

Member 704jaffer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I noticed on my cart that the microSD has to be taken straight out, if its on an angle at all it gets stuck.

EDIT: might I add that the cart is an "Ultra Guide" cart

16. ROM Troll

United States
    I've noticed it with the AK2 card readers; a little stuck then after a little adjustment the card is free. I fear one of these days I'll pull it out to find one of the contacts lifted and bent.

17. abort_user

Newcomer abort_user Member

United States
    maybe ultra guide means it comes with an instruction book. guide like manual.

18. RoD131
    OP

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
    Nope, they all come with one.
    Anyway, whether it's an 'official' new batch or not, I think it can help specify the latest batch, right?
    Cause they are saying they're constantly trying to solve the issues with the factory.

Oh, and I recently experienced a breakdown on one of the AK2 (without the sticker), but I got it like 2-3 weeks before those two.

19. kirby145

Newcomer kirby145 Advanced Member

United States
    According to another thread, someone has had 2 ultra guiide, 1 with recoverable fat error.

I am just curious because I have an ultra guide but am unable to test it until my microsd arrives and I'm hoping it will work.

20. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I've had "recoverable fat error" before, sometimes it doesn't read the microSD and you have to pull it out and put it back in. Happened to my R4 too and I think it pretty much happens with any flashcart from time to time, jsut as the flashcarts(and all game paks) themselves sometimes fail to be read even when properly inserted and have to be taken out sometime.