Hacking Ultimate Wii Homebrew - The future is bright!!

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah, already saw that, Johnny Chung Lee's Wii projects really are amazing
bow.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Unbelievable! I'd watched his other videos (and non Wii remote specific videos) before and was thoroughly impressed, but this one takes the cake. This guy has made some serious advances in Wii applications by simply thinking outside the box. Again, unbelievable. And I'm with him: "If you're a Wii game developer watching this, I want to see some games! ::shakes fists::"

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That isn't wii homebrew
He is only using the Wiimote
I have tried the head tracking it's amazing
And if you know how much head tracking cost for Flight Simulator
IT cost $200 freaking dollars: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-pro...ckClip-PRO.html
If this could be used for Flight Simulator Wiimote would reach a record
Too bad it only works with his demo(Unless somebody modifies it)

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
We all understand that this isn't Wii homebrew. The important thing here is that he's successfully implemented these amazing ideas on his own. Even though it's not Wii homebrew, when it comes down to developing some, developers can use his ideas (which have been proven to work) to create some seriously cool stuff. It's the idea that's most important, not the platform yet.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so tempted to try this at home. I could easily build an IR LED array. Maybe sometime when I'll have the time...

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
It wouldn't work as well though. Imagine you want to turn your head...

With the wiimote standing there, and you wearing the glasses, the two leds would get closer together, so it would know that you had turned (it could work out that you hadn't moved further away as the intensity is constant).

With the sensor bar standing, and the wiimote strapped to your head, when you turn, the wiimote will not be able to detect the sensor bar anymore as it only has a 45degree angle of detection on each side...

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It wouldn't work as well though. Imagine you want to turn your head...

With the wiimote standing there, and you wearing the glasses, the two leds would get closer together, so it would know that you had turned (it could work out that you hadn't moved further away as the intensity is constant).

With the sensor bar standing, and the wiimote strapped to your head, when you turn, the wiimote will not be able to detect the sensor bar anymore as it only has a 45degree angle of detection on each side...

The Wiimote has a 3-axis accelerometer, which could be used for error correction with the head tracking. Random lights/reflections around you would mess up the head tracking if you just used the sensor bar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb