Hacking ultimate n00b with maybe a broken Acekard2i

ThomasQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I've ordered an Acekard2i, but i can't get it to work. I've tried installing AKAIO 1.8.7, the last AK firmware version 4.23, and even Woods, but it looks like the DSlite just doesn't recognize the card, it just boots straight to the normal menu..

I've flashed the microsd cards (tried 2 of em), and copied the firmware files onto them, acording to the tutorials, and how i used to do it with my r4 SDHC..

Is the Acekard2i broken? Or is there something stupid i'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
The AceKard does not auto-boot unless you have the option set in the DS. If the AceKard doesn't show up as a normal game in the clock/calendar menu then the card is not set firmly in place. Google for AceKard Paper Trick. The circuit board that the AceKard uses is just a little too thin compared to the original card.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What system are you running it on?

If it's an Acekard flashed to work with a 3DS it'll show up as another game (currently Chessmaster with the latest firmware).

Does anything show up or does it just say "There is not CD Card inserted"?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
rehevkor said:
He says in the post he is using it on a DSLite.
If it's an Acekard flashed to work with a 3DS it'll show up as another game (currently Chessmaster with the latest firmware).
No on the DSLite (and the DSPhat) the Acekard icon shows up, not the chessmaster icon.
No game card inserted, not no CD card inserted!
@ThomasQ: If you have another flashcard handy try reflashing it by running the Acekard's latest firmware on your other card and then switch the cards around when the update says "Please eject the card, then reinsert it"

ThomasQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Thanks for the solutions. Yes, it wasnt set to autoboot, and yes, it shows Ubisoft Chessmaster, wich leads to AKAIO..

That's why I'm a n00b
biggrin.gif
.. Thanks for all the reactions!

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

An honest mistake.

QUOTE said:
No on the DSLite (and the DSPhat) the Acekard icon shows up, not the chessmaster icon.

It still shows up as Chessmaster in a DSLite. I have one in front of me. Right now.

Actually it says "no DS Card". I don't think I need to explain to you what a typo is.

It seems the Chessmaster issue was the correct one, and the issue resolved. I hope we can all learn from this.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
rehevkor said:
QUOTE said:

An honest mistake.

QUOTE said:

It still shows up as Chessmaster in a DSLite. I have one in front of me. Right now.
My mistake. The problem is that with the chessmaster icon a HW:44 will not work on a 3DS because it shows the Acekard icon. I misread that< in another thread.

Actually it says "no DS Card". I don't think I need to explain to you what a typo is.
Sorry, should have known better. Just an odd typo.
It seems the Chessmaster issue was the correct one, and the issue resolved. I hope we can all learn from this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1