Gaming Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Siro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same here a huge 2D Mortal Kombat fan and looking forward to it being released today or whenever it is
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really got into MK games. I always found the fighting to be too stiff and not really all that intuitive. I'm more of a Street Fighter or Tekken kinda guy myself.

But still, since it will tell you the moves on the bottom screen, I might enjoy this a little more than I did when I didn't know the moves.

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow it seems really difficult to make a solid fighter on most any handheld. Due to button layout, CPU/GPU power, screen resolution, or other factors.
It is just the DS, there are a few decent fighters on the GBA and I am pretty sure there were some good ones on the PSP. I doubt CPU/GPU power is the problem, you don't need them much to make a proper 2D fighters.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Somehow it seems really difficult to make a solid fighter on most any handheld. Due to button layout, CPU/GPU power, screen resolution, or other factors.

PSP's Tekken is as good as the PS2 versions. The GBA had some pretty good fighters, like KOF and SFZ3.
Not to mention Neo Geo Pocket that have some excellent SNK fighting games.
wub.gif

Fighting games don't make much success these days, especially 2d ones.. we don't have many fighting games for the DS, but also for every console.. most new fighting games are remakes or ports of old ones. Still, the DS has more GPU/CPU power then the PSX and the Saturn, would be cool to see a Tekken 3 or a Virtua Fighter 2 remake for the DS.
smile.gif

Anyway, today I recognize that Street Fighter and KOF/Fatal Fury were better than MK, but I loved to play MK when I was a kid, I loved to see the Fatalities, friendships, etc.. spent a lot of afternoons playing MK2 and 3.. so this will be very nostalgic for me, I am very excited about this game.
smile.gif

FOUNTAINEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty psyched about this release. I hope it gets dumped today.

I wonder how difficult it will be to find someone online in the first few days.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah can't wait for a fighter on DS, would've prefered Street Fighter which is more what I'm used to but beggars can't be choosers.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i cannot wait for this game to be released but i'm skeptical about the graphics..

i dont think the nintendo ds can handle ultimate mortal kombat 3 ARCADE GRAPHICS

so they might be optimized which might be ugly

Siro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah played it in the arcades as well as well on the consoles no comparison at all honestly the former rocked and recently I played it on MAME and it owns
smile.gif

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exactly ! its going to be a nice port but like i said im skeptical about the graphics

and remember nintendo LOVES TO CENSORE FATALITES ! lol so im going to wait and see

and does anyone know if this will have online wifi ?

damiussus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly ! its going to be a nice port but like i said im skeptical about the graphics

and remember nintendo LOVES TO CENSORE FATALITES ! lol so im going to wait and see

On the contrary, the first mortal Kombat on the SNES was censored yes, but Mk2 and 3 and ultimate 3 were not
lecture.gif
. And yes, it is supposed to be wi-fi, which is the whole reason I am excited about it. So much more fun to play against a human than just the CPU. I think the puzzle game is wi-fi too.

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

On the contrary, the first mortal Kombat on the SNES was censored yes, but Mk2 and 3 and ultimate 3 were not
lecture.gif
. And yes, it is supposed to be wi-fi, which is the whole reason I am excited about it. So much more fun to play against a human than just the CPU. I think the puzzle game is wi-fi too.

well yes and no i guess

when ultimate mortal kombat 3 was released came out for the SNES YES IT DID HAVE BLOOD but they censored some of the fatlites here is a list i got off gamefaqs

Changes from original coin-op unit:
*Sheeva removed.
*No character name voices.
*Animalities have been removed.
*Scorpion and Kitana fatality altered.
*Ermac, Mileena, and Classic Sub-Zero no longer need "Ultimate Kombat Kodes".
*Older stages except PIT III and Roof removed.
*Several Kombat Kodes removed.
*New type of finisher-the brutality- added.
*"Toasty" trick on Scorpion's Lair removed.
*"Winner Fight Smoke" code you still fight robot Smoke.
*Sonya still has old friendship.
*Shao Kahn's Treasures only in 8-man tournament and reduced from 12 to 10
squares and many of those are duplicates.
*Ermac's head punch fatality has been changed.
*Human Smoke and Classic Sub appear in Randper mode.
*Human Smoke appears normally in demo mode.
*Human Smoke appears in endurance rounds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.