Hacking uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support

dabotsonline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
dabotsonline said:
Give that 5.0 will allegedly be the final version of uLoader, how hard would it be for someone to modify it to:

1. Remove the requirement for a WBFS partition to be present and the first partition
Already done, no need for a WBFS partition as long as there is a FAT partition with nand folder

"No WBFS partition found":
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2631602

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and im pretty sure it does get covers from wiitdb, its just the 2d ones. Press home over a game and go to add PNG, and just hit plus and it downloads covers from the internet lol. Only issue im having right now is i can't use the (skip ios) option, its not selectable, so i have to keep using an alt-dol to play HotD 2. Anybody know why i wouldn't be able to select skip ios?

edit: whoever said v5 was gonna be the last obviously misread what hermes said heres a quote "5? Well... may not have version 5. And on continuing... for now, I have no interest in continuing" and also paraphrasing this one he said there MIGHT be a 4.9b just to fix some minor bugs.

edit 2: yeah i thought loader looked bad at first too, but go to uloader hacks and disable the snow and enable back in black, then it doesnt look NEARLY as bad

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I get the following message every time I boot 4.9A:

"The SD Device uses 4KB as cluster size.
To increase the speed using FAT you must use at least 16KB as cluster size... Press A to continue"

any ideas?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
markmcrobie said:

To increase the speed using FAT you must use at least 16KB as cluster size... Press A to continue"

any ideas?

reformat your SD and use default cluster size

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
petspeed said:
xfcrowman said:
petspeed said:
Hi

i tried out uLoader for the first time because of the save emulation feature. My HDD has 2 partitions, 1st is FAT32 primary and contains the uLoader app itself and the nand folder for the saves. Second partition is WBFS where all the games are.

The save emulation itself is working fine, but I can get the save extract function to work (I think it was called that). I would like to copy my existing saves from nand to the HDD. When I try is says successful after a short time (very fast) but it doesn't work. When I look on the HDD is has just created an empty folder under \nand.

I am using IOS222 v4 with IOS38 merge 37 as base. I have Preloader 0.30r4 installed. Tried with and without the hack 'Remove NoCopy Protection' enabled. Tried with GH Van Halen and Glasier 2.

Anyone have an idea what is wrong or another way of extractiing the saves?

Thank you.

You need to update your cIOS from version 4 to version 5. The old version 4 will work with the newest uLoader, but there is no NAND emu support. You only get the NAND emu support if you update to v5.

Thank you for your reply. I think the NAND emu is working fine because I can save on USb no problem. The only problem is, I can't export existing saves from NAND to my USB drive og SD card. I will try to update the cIOS to v5 and see what happens.

It worked after updating cIOS to v5. Funny how the save emulation itself is working with v4 but the save extraction requires v5.

Thank you for your help.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
markmcrobie said:

any ideas?

reformat your SD and use default cluster size

"16K is good but 32K is the best" Hermes

Just so people know
smile.gif

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Thanks. Windows XP won't let me chose an Allocation Unit Size when I got to format as FAT32. The only choice is "Default Allocation Size"

EDIT: Tried the following, but it says cluster size is too big for FAT32:

format X: /fs:FAT32 /a:32K

EDIT 2: It let me use FAT and 32K cluster size:

format X: /fs:FAT /a:32K

So am I best with FAT/FAT16 and 32Kb cluster, or FAT32 and 16Kb cluster?

aaadmiral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so...

I am running uLoader 4.9A, have a hard drive loaded with fat32 as the first partition (32K cluster), and am running cIOSX rev19 and hermes 222/223 v5.. on a up to date 4.2U wii.

Tried the wiiware stuff before and it didn't work at all, since upgrading everything and reinstalling the games they APPEAR to work fine - at first.

For some reason after about 10 minutes the games either freeze or pop to a black screen with 'data is corrupt' error... atleast in lost winds 1 and strongbad 1... tried world of goo but didn't play long enough to get the error..

will try different games and maybe using 223 instead of 222 but not sure what's up...

especially since strongbad is listed as 'working' on the compatibility list.

any help?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since uLoader ist complete open source, Im wondering why nobody add NTFS support to this loader. Hermes probably wont do it, but maybe Oggzee?

Btw, can a mod please change the topic, coz its outdated.
QUOTE said:
uLoader 3.2 BCA universal support, BCA is the new games protection

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Far as i've read, the NTFS support is in the same place as the NAND emulation..
Don't think that's gonna happen soon....

EDIT.. spelling

aaadmiral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aaadmiral said:
Okay so...

I am running uLoader 4.9A, have a hard drive loaded with fat32 as the first partition (32K cluster), and am running cIOSX rev19 and hermes 222/223 v5.. on a up to date 4.2U wii.

Tried the wiiware stuff before and it didn't work at all, since upgrading everything and reinstalling the games they APPEAR to work fine - at first.

For some reason after about 10 minutes the games either freeze or pop to a black screen with 'data is corrupt' error... atleast in lost winds 1 and strongbad 1... tried world of goo but didn't play long enough to get the error..

will try different games and maybe using 223 instead of 222 but not sure what's up...

any help?

so i tried using 223 instead of 222... makes World of Goo work... played like 45 minutes without issue.

tried 223 for lost winds... hangs right when choosing save slot. :/

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaadmiral said:
aaadmiral said:
Okay so...

any help?

so i tried using 223 instead of 222... makes World of Goo work... played like 45 minutes without issue.

tried 223 for lost winds... hangs right when choosing save slot. :/

For Strongbad I have played them all for at least an hour without any issues. I installed them in reverse order - the order in which games are installed matters and can improve compatibility. Specifically, you should install newer wiiware first. I am also using IOS224 (IOS57 base) to run them as well. If none of that works, its possible you have a bad .wad. If you install Strongbad on your real NAND, do you get the same problems?

As for LostWinds - I have tested both games using different settings and both do not work. The only way to run those games is either on the real nand or using SNEEK.

aaadmiral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay thanks for reply, i'll try 224 and maybe installing in reverse order... (is there an easier way to do that?)

have never tried running anything from real nand... heard bad things... plus don't have much space :/

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaadmiral said:
have never tried running anything from real nand... heard bad things... plus don't have much space :/
Another way of testing the Strongbad wad is to install it in SNEEK and see if you have the same problems. SNEEK has 100% compatibility with wiiware and vc games, so if it crashes there then it is likely that its a bad wad

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone tested using a 4.9A uloader channel (not forwarder). Trying to avoid using an SD card entirely. Thanks.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
VC games don't seem to work. Tried 2 jpn VC moon cresta (working with triiforce) but in uloader it complains about a problem with creating save game data or something like that. The other is solomon's key. It simple goes black. Tried with 222/223/224...

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quiuck question, can someone post a link that gives some information about "Uloader Alternative"? I would like to see the differences between it and the official one.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vsin said:
Quiuck question, can someone post a link that gives some information about "Uloader Alternative"? I would like to see the differences between it and the official one.
I think it's just a better GUI and without the "in your face" music.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet