• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Uh-oh: Trump Googled himself, and now he wants Google searches censored/regulated

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 8,487
  • Replies 109
  • Likes 11

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't racist to support Trump. I like a lot of decisions he's made especially regarding Israel.

I think he's wrong on climate change but it's still far safer to have that stance than follow the environmental fanatics who own 5 houses and cruise everywhere in a carbon spwwingpersonal jet.

Trump is not a perfect person, as is no government or country. He has supported America well and even detractors have to concede that the economy is booming thanks largely to his policy.

As a Canadian, I am jealous of Americans because they have a leader who values his country instead of constantly attacking its core values.

America is the greatest country on Earth. But Israel is probably going to pass it at some point.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't racist to support Trump.
Supporting a racist makes one complicit.

I think he's wrong on climate change but it's still far safer to have that stance than follow the environmental fanatics who own 5 houses and cruise everywhere in a carbon spwwingpersonal jet.
Those aren't the two options.

He has supported America well and even detractors have to concede that the economy is booming thanks largely to his policy.
There is no evidence that the economy is doing any better due to Trump's policies.

As a Canadian, I am jealous of Americans because they have a leader who values his country instead of constantly attacking its core values.
There's a lot of evidence that Trump cares more about himself than the country.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supporting a racist makes one complicit.

Those aren't the two options.

There is no evidence that the economy is doing any better due to Trump's policies.

There's a lot of evidence that Trump cares more about himself than the country.

If that is the extent of your rebuttal, I think you're gonna end up with another 4 years of Trump. :P Hopefully someone in your camp can come up with something convincing enough to change minds.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I love that conservatives are for smaller government but now want to regulate social media. What agency will do this? Who will they answer to? What rules will they abide by? How much will this cost our country?

I'll wait for your answers...

They only support government regulation that fits their agenda. Ironically, it's the same on the other side yet they'll criticize it until the cows come home.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that conservatives are for smaller government but now want to regulate social media. What agency will do this? Who will they answer to? What rules will they abide by? How much will this cost our country?

I'll wait for your answers...
NO agency can, the first amendment LITERALLY says that the government can't make any laws to restrict speech against them. They'd either have to start a constitutional convention to re-word or remove the first amendment, or they'd need a partisan Supreme Court that's willing to break their oath to uphold the Constitution and look the other way

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They only support government regulation that fits their agenda. Ironically, it's the same on the other side yet they'll criticize it until the cows come home.
I mean, yeah, typically someone would only agree with legislation that fits their core values. It IS rather hypocritical, though, to say that you want a small government when it comes to taxation, regulation of economy, and hate speech/discrimination law, yet turn around the second things aren't going your way and try to censor any dissent rather than practicing what you preach

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I know it's hard to ignore youtube, but if you really think they are bad, support Bitchute or other alternatives.
A monopoly like google is never beneficial.
If youtube were to go offline today, 90% or more of videos on the internet would disappear. Even though I do not support censorship like in China, it was actually a smart move to ban youtube. It allowed Chinese companies to emerge in China. All other countries now heavily depend on American companies (youtube, twitter, to some extend facebook).

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean if you're saying that both sides are hypocritical than yeah that's true. However, democrats are typically for more government regulation in general, in both social and economical senses.

The major difference being that that one side imagines its suppressed by invisible enemies while the other side has actually faced actual suppression. Of course, with the way history is rewritten on a daily basis, I'm sure the War On Christmas will soon be their Civil Rights movement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon