Homebrew UAE-Wii Amiga emu (build request)

Sir_Voe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dcoop said:
JFster said:
Remember that the right folder is the uae dir in the root of the SD card, not in the apps folder. Rename the rom to kick.rom.
A working 1.3 kickrom should do the trick.

Hi, I tried this..still wont work for me
frown.gif
Made sure my kick rom was in the root uae/roms folder...got a 1.3 just to be sure(tried 2 different ones) and still it loads up a dos type screen for about 30 seconds and then it crashes back to the HBC..Any other ideas? Anyone?

I had a similar problem until I disconnected all usb devices.

alxxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the emu runs like a charm, in fact thats the most stable emu I ever came across.... But I got one issue, though: When playing with two players, in most games the one who has the second joystick / mouse is not able to navigate as the mouse and joystick seems to be enabled at the same time; mostly the control navigates continously in one direction, e.g. up which may cause constant jumping in a jump'n'Run game ... but this is only for the second player, the primary joystick works always fine.

Is this something which can be configured, or is this a general mouse->joystick switch issue / problem (of Port 0, when I remember the Amiga ports right
smile.gif
) in this emu version?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything seems a bit quite regarding this emu now on googlecode? The last svn update was r169 on June 3rd - compared to the numerous daily revision builds we were seeing the previous months?

I guess we've just been lucky before with the quick succession of updates?

SimonKagstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MrTea said:

Well, it's probably more that I've had other more pressing (and fun) matters to look at, so I haven't done any more work on UAE-wii. Also, I'm afraid UAE-wii works quite well for me (I'm not personally interested in HD support for example), so I don't have that much incentive to improve on it.

But of course, I very much welcome other comitters to the project!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
MrTea said:

Well, it's probably more that I've had other more pressing (and fun) matters to look at, so I haven't done any more work on UAE-wii. Also, I'm afraid UAE-wii works quite well for me (I'm not personally interested in HD support for example), so I don't have that much incentive to improve on it.

But of course, I very much welcome other comitters to the project!

Fair enough... to be honest it is pretty much perfect now anyway (well apart from the New Zeland story adf
wink.gif
lol).

A big thank you for everything you've have done for bringing the amiga to the wii!

Out of interest are your other 'fun' matters wii related? ..hope so as you seem deliver the goods each time!

Ta

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dcoop said:
JFster said:
Remember that the right folder is the uae dir in the root of the SD card, not in the apps folder. Rename the rom to kick.rom.
A working 1.3 kickrom should do the trick.

Hi, I tried this..still wont work for me
frown.gif
Made sure my kick rom was in the root uae/roms folder...got a 1.3 just to be sure(tried 2 different ones) and still it loads up a dos type screen for about 30 seconds and then it crashes back to the HBC..Any other ideas? Anyone?

I also have the same issue, I do notice that it flashes briefly, 'failed to load kick.rom' before exiting to the homebrew loader. Now I have tried about 10 different roms from the Amiga TOSEC files and they all do the same? What is it we are all doing wrong and why wont it load the rom?

SimonKagstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@MrTea: Nope, it's not wii-related :-)

@jimbo: I don't know. If you've followed http://wiibrew.org/wiki/UAE_Wii, and put your kickstart rom in /uae/roms/kick.rom (and kick13.rom etc to be able to switch between Amiga models), it should work. It works for me and other people, so I don't really know what's wrong in your case. Sorry about that!

I guess you've checked that your kickstart ROM works in a host-based UAE?

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
@jimbo: I don't know. If you've followed http://wiibrew.org/wiki/UAE_Wii, and put your kickstart rom in /uae/roms/kick.rom (and kick13.rom etc to be able to switch between Amiga models), it should work. It works for me and other people, so I don't really know what's wrong in your case. Sorry about that!

I guess you've checked that your kickstart ROM works in a host-based UAE?

Yes have been checked and work 100%.

The instructions aren't that clear? What version rom is kick.rom? Does this go in the dir with the other roms? e.g. kick205.rom

I have 4 kickstarts in the SD:/uae/roms ?
kick12.rom
kick13.rom
kick205.rom
kick31.rom

plus I have another 1.3 rom as kick.rom

What should the dir contain? Reading this thread, it appears I am not the only user with this issue?

SimonKagstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jimbo100 said:
I have 4 kickstarts in the SD:/uae/roms ?
kick12.rom
kick13.rom
kick205.rom
kick31.rom

plus I have another 1.3 rom as kick.rom

What should the dir contain? Reading this thread, it appears I am not the only user with this issue?

Pretty much any kickstart will work as kick.rom, but the defaults are "more or less" a A500, so 1.3 is a good match. So all looks correct and I have no clue why it doesn't work for you (and the other people with the same problem) - as you can also see, there are lots of people who have it working.

You could mail me your 1.3 kickstart in private ([email protected]), and I can take a look at it someday.

One thing: Have you tried deleting uaerc.user and uaerc.saved? (And then untar the binary again).

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
One thing: Have you tried deleting uaerc.user and uaerc.saved? (And then untar the binary again).

I downloaded via Homebrew channel. I have no uaerc.user and uaerc.saved!

There in lies the problem, the download did not create a uaerc config file, redownloaded and it's now working...

Thank you very much got it working only problem now is every adf I try results in a code dump inclduing ones listed as working by others!

Anything else I need to try

SimonKagstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then it's a bug report for the homebrew browser. Good that you found it!

I've never seen any crashes during emulation (but then I haven't tried that many games either). So the kickstart image starts OK, but then when you insert a floppy you get a crash?

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
Then it's a bug report for the homebrew browser. Good that you found it!

I've never seen any crashes during emulation (but then I haven't tried that many games either). So the kickstart image starts OK, but then when you insert a floppy you get a crash?

Emulation starts ok, all kickstart versions come up, I can go into options and change things but as soon as I insert an floppy (adf image) the program crashes and I get a code dump.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jimbo100 said:
SimonKagstrom said:

There in lies the problem, the download did not create a uaerc config file, redownloaded and it's now working...

Thank you very much got it working only problem now is every adf I try results in a code dump inclduing ones listed as working by others!

Hey, when you say you redownloaded..do you mean from the Homebrew Channel again or did you get it from elsewhere this 2nd time?

As I might as well give whatever you did a try.

Jimbo100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dcoop said:
Jimbo100 said:
SimonKagstrom said:

Hey, when you say you redownloaded..do you mean from the Homebrew Channel again or did you get it from elsewhere this 2nd time?

As I might as well give whatever you did a try.

I downloaded off the webpage, downloaded a tar file, then used winrar to open and place on the SD card, this time a uaerc file was created, not that it is helping much as the emulation now crashes with a codedump DSI exception, so it's still a no go..

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all good now
biggrin.gif

Downloaded it from the website and put everything on the SD card. Used a kick1.3 renamed kick.rom

Played Prince of Persia. Had to tweak things a bit to make it run at a normal speed..is that to be expected?

Also another game, Flimbos Quest..when I was pressing the direction buttons the creatues on the screen(that kill you) vanish until a let go of the button..dunno what thats all about!

F0L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pspuae.com
XP
Country
SimonKagstrom said:
Version 3 has been released. Download from http://uae-wii.googlecode.com and read instructions on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/UAE_Wii

The main feature is that Cloanto Amiga forever roms are supported by default and that a gui bug has been fixed.

Nice, you got that out sly,
wink.gif

I just learned of it now,
wink.gif

Aye, Amiga Forever is well worth it, espcially for the last days at commodore video.
Always brings a tear to my eye, watching the empty store rooms and factory floors,
frown.gif

On a side note, I will be helping some more soon.
Just been trying some new things in PSPUAE, now UAEWii and Simon have helped me see some things clearly,
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.