Hacking U_Tility - A windows tool to help you setup any sdcard with loadiine (Can also format drives > 32GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm not that into it but on Wii we've got these 6 digits long IDs (RPMX06 and so on) where as we have these long hex codes (title id) on Wii U games, right?
And you would need to convert these title IDs into these 6 digits long IDs which can be found on gametdb?

Just curious. :)

But however ... starting with the wiiubrew.org list would be a good point to get in. I'm here to give feedback once you updated your tool.
The 6 digit ID is made out of the last 4 digits of the product code and the last 2 from the company code. So captain toad would be:
<product_code type="string" length="32">WUP-P-AKBP</product_code>
<company_code type="string" length="8">0001</company_code>
-> AKBP01
You can pull these information easily from the meta.xml in the meta folder. The app.xml in the code folder only provides the title_id which would be in our case:
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010180700</title_id>

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 6 digit ID is made out of the last 4 digits of the product code and the last 2 from the company code. So captain toad would be:
<product_code type="string" length="32">WUP-P-AKBP</product_code>
<company_code type="string" length="8">0001</company_code>
-> AKBP01
You can pull these information easily from the meta.xml in the meta folder. The app.xml in the code folder only provides the title_id which would be in our case:
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010180700</title_id>
Alright, thanks for clearing this up.

TheMaxynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question. When I try to add games to my FAT32 formatted SDXC card, it pops up 2 "U-Tility Copy Dialog" screens, presumable 1 for copying the code and 1 for copying the content folder, but it just goes stuck. The top bar on both screens stay empty and hang on copying the first file, while the bottom bar on both screens remain filled. What's wrong? Also, can you tell me what I need to fill in at "game region"? Its default is "4" but what does that mean? @Tesa

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have a question. When I try to add games to my FAT32 formatted SDXC card, it pops up 2 "U-Tility Copy Dialog" screens, presumable 1 for copying the code and 1 for copying the content folder, but it just goes stuck. The top bar on both screens stay empty and hang on copying the first file, while the bottom bar on both screens remain filled. What's wrong? Also, can you tell me what I need to fill in at "game region"? Its default is "4" but what does that mean? @Tesa

For the first question: I'm not entirely sure what causes that problem. If you could take a screenshot of them and post it here it would help me pinpoint the problem. I haven't heard of this problem so far.

For the second: There are different game regions like US / EU / etc. (4 right now, if I recall correctly 2 = US 4 = EU). The dialog appears because you don't have the meta folder for your games anymore and it tries to collect some basic data about the game.

I would recommend you keeping the meta folder and try to recover them if you deleted them (especially since you'll probably need that for the new loadiine version). To be honest: You don't need to enter all the details on your games right now since I'm reworking a major portion of the algorithm which detects and files the games.

TheMaxynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the first question: I'm not entirely sure what causes that problem. If you could take a screenshot of them and post it here it would help me pinpoint the problem. I haven't heard of this problem so far.

For the second: There are different game regions like US / EU / etc. (4 right now, if I recall correctly 2 = US 4 = EU). The dialog appears because you don't have the meta folder for your games anymore and it tries to collect some basic data about the game.

I would recommend you keeping the meta folder and try to recover them if you deleted them (especially since you'll probably need that for the new loadiine version). To be honest: You don't need to enter all the details on your games right now since I'm reworking a major portion of the algorithm which detects and files the games.
Thanks for the reply. I already deleted all meta folders for my games :cry: and for the first problem, I just tried to drag and drop the games on my SD with windows explorer and that worked great and loadiine recognizes my card now and games play fine. Thanks for your application tho! :)

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks for the reply. I already deleted all meta folders for my games :cry: and for the first problem, I just tried to drag and drop the games on my SD with windows explorer and that worked great and loadiine recognizes my card now and games play fine. Thanks for your application tho! :)

I'll add a function to recover them when I finish up the auto updater for games. This might take a bit tho.

Reactions: TheMaxynator

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So are you looking to be a companion or competitor app to UWizard?

I'm currently not planning on .iso extraction since UWizard solved that perfectly imo, I might change my mind if I finished everything but it's rather unlikely (Since creating backups won't create an .iso file).

Also downloading full games from NUS won't be implemented (basically everything which isn't just a patch -> Everything where the title.tik file isn't public/on the nintendo servers). Downloading patches for games you own / have will be automated but it won't give you full access to the nus tool and choose which files to download (apart from specifc versions from a dropdown menu),

So I wouldn't call it competitor app to UWizard.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading patches for games you own / have will be automated but it won't give you full access to the nus tool and choose which files to download (apart from specifc versions from a dropdown menu).
When you say this, do you mean official update files useable with WUP Installer? And would it be specific to Loadiine-ready games or could you input games you own on-disk/legit titles as well?

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
When you say this, do you mean official update files useable with WUP Installer? And would it be specific to Loadiine-ready games or could you input games you own on-disk/legit titles as well?

Both, since you have to agree by using U_Tility that you own all games you use with it. Disregarding that it'll be able to do either as long as you can provide the wiiu common key. (With that I mean it'll check the current version of your "loadiine" game, download the patch, decrypt it and then apply it)

Edit: Also just download the patch for your phyical copy as long as you provide the title id

Last edited by Tesa,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Eh, not really. UWizard still fails to extract Hyrule Warriors where as VGMToolbox finishes successfully.

To be fair, this isn't the fault of UWizard but rather cdecrypt which is used. So they can't really fix it on their side, except using a different tool, which isn't necessarily the best solution.

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm also currently looking for beta / dev testers for new versions. (Currently testing the auto update function of games)

Last edited by Tesa,

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Updated U_Tility to automatically patch games on your pc and sd card without a lot of work:

It will automatically download the patch, extract it and then apply it to your game. (You can let it create a backup of your gamefiles before it patches them)

CwAdOXs.jpg

Last edited by Tesa,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k