XP
Country
United States
If you have for example:
C:\WiiUGames\mario 3d\code \content \meta
C:\WiiUGames\sonic boom\code \content \meta
C:\WiiUGames\bayonetta\code \content \meta
ecc.
you must point u-indexer to C:\WiiUGames and it will automatically start scanning. Games MUST be in loadiine format (\code, \content, \meta folders) not WUD.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried BETA7 and it truncates the first letter of the Game Title.
Instead of "LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens" it just shows "EGO Star Wars The Force Awakens".
Both on the app and the browser. Also it says there are updates available for the game,
but I'm not seeing anywhere to actually download the said update? Thought this included bulk update downloads?

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kornychaos, that truncate bug is present if you have no gameid id6 [BLGEWR] in your directoryname of that game. I thought i had removed this one, going to remove this rightaway will upload a newer beta today. About the game updates, all gameupdate information (from day one till present day) is present in U-Indexer, but you have to download it with another tool. If you copy JNUSTool.jar and the config file (!) from this great java driven download tool to the same directory as U-Indexer you then can download the updates. U-Indexer will provide the information to JNUStool and you will only see the updates of your own games, after downloading the updates, U-Indexer will ask to copy the downloaded updates to the respective gamedirectories /updates. As long JNUStool.jar is not found in the same directory as U-Indexer the button will stay ghosted aka unusable.

Thanx for reacting and calling in the truncate bug!

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I was wondering: on the basis of what information do you decide that a game needs an update?
I ask this question because I have this game called "secret file tunguska"
The meta.xml (excerpt)
<title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">00050000101C5B00</title_id>
<product_code type="string" length="32">WUP-P-AFHP</product_code>
<content_platform type="string" length="32">WUP</content_platform>
<title_version type="unsignedInt" length="4">16</title_version>

Still the updatetitles.csv has this line :
0005000E-101C5B00;4;WUP;00KM;WUP-P-AFHP;AFHPKM;Secret Files Tunguska;16

So jnustool wants to get an update version 16 which the game already is on???

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Lafleche, well an update needed is decided the following way.

The version of the game itself is not checked, i just scan the \updates directory of each specific game and compare that with the available updates for that game with my prepared wiiu_all_titles_updates.txt. This file contains all wii-u titles wich have a update from day one till now. So if v16 is not found in \updates but it is available as download then the notification alerts, or a (nummeric compare) higher download version and feeds this to JNUStool via the updatetitles.csv. Some people don't update their games by \updates but just overwrite there original directories. So the meta.xml (with the version number) of the update becomes the game 'original' default meta.xml and i guess that's why you have a v16 in the meta.xml. Normally e-shop games begins at version 0. I just read that it accidentally happen that you dump your legal game with DDD and that the updates automatically comes with it or the original developer decided to install the wiiu update for his game to just overwrite the original files. I'm not a fan of updating games directly with overwriting your originals, just use \updates and if the update blocks SDcard reading or just refuse to let you play the game (Mario Kart 8) you can easily go back by just deleting the (last) update. If you did overwriting then you have to redump (or something else) your game if you don't made a backup... On SDcard i can imagine that you do this for the reason of saving space.

Hopefully this was an answer to your question :)

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have for example:
C:\WiiUGames\mario 3d\code \content \meta
C:\WiiUGames\sonic boom\code \content \meta
C:\WiiUGames\bayonetta\code \content \meta
ecc.
you must point u-indexer to C:\WiiUGames and it will automatically start scanning. Games MUST be in loadiine format (\code, \content, \meta folders) not WUD.
that´s what I´ve done but did not work.
I renamed manually the game dir names with title id, which is why I wanted this app for

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was closed because i wanted to release the new (native windows) version and discourage the old html versions but someone discovered a few bugs in the latest on Windows 8/10 and some included covers are wrong/missing. I opened up the old download link again so you all can still download (the latest beta 1.0.14b8 html version).

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Blubbeman4U - Just signed up, and willing to give your tool a try.

edit: thanks for opening the link, i tried it - and it seems to do its job pretty good!

Last edited by ppeterr,

Blubberman4U

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my tool only signals for updates, based on regular collected information from the nintendo downloadservers. Actual downloading is done by JNUSTool and if the download or ticket isn't available on the updateserver the javaprocess of JNUStool dies. Maybe the FAQ/author of JNUStool can explain this better. Sometimes changing the downloadserver in the config file of JNUStool to a USA or EURO server can solve the download problem also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok