TX Presents SX OS v2.8 Beta - Now Compatible with v8.1.0 FW

Amazing News Today!, Here it Is SX OS v2.8 now works with v8.1.0!
SXOS-28.jpg

TX has announced they have already released an update to their SX OS, which allows full usage of the latest Switch v8.1.0 firmware. :)
We are back with another update for SX OS. As you all probably know, one of our main priorities is making sure existing users are able to keep enjoying SX OS.

This update brings full compatibility for the recent firmware update 8.1.0.

Nothing more, nothing less. We have some very cool features lined up that are not quite ready for primetime yet. And we didn't want to keep you waiting till next september either.
So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.8 beta is available for download on our website now! (and through the builtin online updater part of SX OS, of course)

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: spelling, and format

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I wish to ask about update procedure of quite old Switch wish SXOS and emunand. I haven't been using it for a while and there's some 6.x firmware both on OFW and SXOS emunand.
Could you please tell me:
1. What is the best procedure to update both OFW and emunand to 8.x? Which one should be first to update?
2. If I stay with 6.x on OFW can I update only emunand to 8.x? (of course with new boot.dat)

Thanks!
Updating OFW is only for people who wish to play online. If you don't care about online gaming, then the lowest OFW you have, the better. Just update your emunand CFW with choidujournx and you should be golden to play whatever you want (offline).

Reactions: Supreme23

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@garyopa Apparently external payload launching from the SXOS boot menu is broken in 2.8. Just tested with a FAT32 and ExFAT SD card, the Switch just ends up in a black screen and gets stuck. :mellow:

Using 2.5.3, it works as expected.

Can you please pass that on to Team Xecuter? Thanks!

Not sure if it is related: my Switch is on 8.1.0.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does This support reboot to payload on crash now finally?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@garyopa Apparently external payload launching from the SXOS boot menu is broken in 2.8. Just tested with a FAT32 and ExFAT SD card, the Switch just ends up in a black screen and gets stuck. :mellow:

Using 2.5.3, it works as expected.

Can you please pass that on to Team Xecuter? Thanks!

Not sure if it is related: my Switch is on 8.1.0.
It's not 'broken', you just can't launch Atmosphere, they're doing that on purpose

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does This support reboot to payload on crash now finally?

It's not 'broken', you just can't launch Atmosphere, they're doing that on purpose

Probably just wrong setup. I can boot hekate 5.0.1 from sx pro menú and switch between sx OS and kosmos with reboot to payload.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably just wrong setup. I can boot hekate 5.0.1 from sx pro menú and switch between sx OS and kosmos with reboot to payload.
This is what I just said. It blocks Atmosphere. Hekate works fine, and atmosphere through Hekate as well, you just can't start atmosphere directly

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Same here, I have a flawless Sx and atmosphere emunand/EmuEMMC set up, except i don't use reboot to payload but rather a payload launcher homebrew i found somewhere. :)

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I just said. It blocks Atmosphere. Hekate works fine, and atmosphere through Hekate as well, you just can't start atmosphere directly

Fuse secondary boots from hekate, i used it once or twice before acid patches were released.

Same here, I have a flawless Sx and atmosphere emunand/EmuEMMC set up, except i don't use reboot to payload but rather a payload launcher homebrew i found somewhere. :)

Well thats what I use too, from homebrew app store.

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Fuse secondary boots from hekate, i used it once or twice before acid patches were released.

Well thats what I use too, from homebrew app store.
Oh yeah i think i saw it on the appstore! :) Probably provide a link so others can use it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users