TX Presents SX OS v2.5 BETA - With LAN-PLAY Support

This One Is Great For All Those Waiting To Enjoy Smash Online!
SX25.jpg

TX as usual is listening to user feedback and requests, and here it is LAN-PLAY Support is now included in SX OS v2.5 BETA, enjoy! :)
Another day, another release!

Your friends from Team Xecuter are back with a fresh release of your beloved SX OS. This new v2.5 beta release introduces two exciting new functionalities that you all have been requesting.

Let's waste no time on chit-chat, and see what's new in this release:
  • Fixed sleepmode in case of fuse mismatch
    Sleep/standby mode would break when your emuNAND was on a different firmware version than your actual system NAND. This has been resolved now. So from now on you can run the latest and greatest firmware in emuNAND while at the same time keeping a lower firmware on your original system's NAND. Nifty!
  • Added initial support for "Internet Local Wireless Play"
    Many of you have been requesting for us to add support for "local wireless play" tunneling over the internet. We have integrated this functionality into SX OS for you. This currently requires you to use a bit of software, LAN-Play on a computer to facilitate the tunneling. This software can be downloaded from the LAN-Play website: www.LAN-PLAY.com. Check out their project, they are are doing an amazing job. To enable "Internet Local Wireless Play" simply head into the SX Menu and head over to the "options" page. There's a toggle for enabling and disabling this functionality at will now.
That's all for today. This marks the half-way point of SX OS 2. This year has been amazing and we want to thank the loyal and ever growing TX Switch user community, you guys are the reason this is all possible!
Our resident hard- and software wizards are hard at work at bringing you even more groundbreaking functionality and products. Keep an eye on us!

(As usual, please remember all our latest releases & apps, can be found on our sx.xecuter.com portal website)

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

d4nielr

Trophies
XP
Country
Great update, was reading comments to see if there was a lan compatibility list for the games but got bored reading comments about not giving credits again.....
I just want to read how well this update works but as usual gotta scroll past alot of shit that isn't talking about how this update performs.
*Goes somewhere else to find feedback*
theres a list here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eg_EE0xsBytSyWr7mtvD0MGUjCjyDJBXrHJ8ra8q8-8/edit#gid=0

and also a discord server

https://discordapp.com/invite/VUMv5uf

Last edited by d4nielr,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://lan-play.com/games

Just tested it with Smash (change your internet settings, described here: http://lan-play.com/install ) and it worked great... but there are way too many relay servers, like wtf? Why are there over 15 of these? One for Europe and one for USA would be enough (that's like RetroArch does it). This splits the online community way too many times. You won't get many people on one server...

Because this structure has almost no accounting for ping and uses no netcode for soft-correction, without a lot of relay servers to accommodate for location (which normal online play does automatically for you while also having netcode) you'd basically be stuck using unusable connection paths from different locations in the US and only use passable ping if you're right next to the handler or within close proximity.

This is what happens when you use a hacked together solution.

Reactions: Brawl345

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://lan-play.com/games

Just tested it with Smash (change your internet settings, described here: http://lan-play.com/install ) and it worked great... but there are way too many relay servers, like wtf? Why are there over 15 of these? One for Europe and one for USA would be enough (that's like RetroArch does it). This splits the online community way too many times. You won't get many people on one server...
EDIT: And why isn't the website HTTPS? It's 2018, not 2010.

the idea is to have a server close to you and your friends so you have a lower ping.

this is a good thing

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if there are 15 servers when you have like 60 people online. It doesn't even state exactly where the server is (just country, not state f.e.). Client and Server software need to be improved A LOT.
I think you may be underestimating how many people will use this , but I see your point.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if there are 15 servers when you have like 60 people online. It doesn't even state exactly where the server is (just country, not state f.e.). Client and Server software need to be improved A LOT.

This is a feature for a small minority of people trying to cope with being banned. You're expecting far too much.

I think you may be underestimating how many people will use this , but I see your point.

Its never that many, he's at most off by an order of magnitude at peak but the fragmentation is absolutely real but it is also unavoidable. Either there is fragmentation or it's an even more ungodly and unplayable mess.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or not wanting to shell out 20 bucks for a subpar online experience ;)

Use a family plan. Shell out ~4$/year, which you're going to waste in opportunity cost of just doing this middle-man handling yourself in time wasted. And then you get to play with more people than you can usually count on the number of fingers in said family plan.

Reactions: 0000ff and Kioku

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LayeredFS broke on Pokémon for me. I have to still test if it's affecting just my Switch or not, but anyone else using LayeredFS mods on 2.5 BETA without issue?

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok, this version is ok, but there's still some flaws:
1.-They still don't fix HDD XCI closing on Sleep Mode, it's that hard for @garyopa to fix it? on the first version with HDD suport it was ok, but with 6.6.2 I can't use it, even Nintendo hear for feedback, why TX can't, if they aren't going to make it open source, at least add what users are requesting
2.-You can't update the kip, the kip has constant updates, I understand that this is to avoid their CFW from having modules that TX doesn't want (Which is stupid anyways)
3.-No crediting to CTCaer

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this version is ok, but there's still some flaws:
1.-They still don't fix HDD XCI closing on Sleep Mode, it's that hard for @garyopa to fix it? on the first version with HDD suport it was ok, but with 6.6.2 I can't use it, even Nintendo hear for feedback, why TX can't, if they aren't going to make it open source, at least add what users are requesting
2.-You can't update the kip, the kip has constant updates, I understand that this is to avoid their CFW from having modules that TX doesn't want (Which is stupid anyways)
3.-No crediting to CTCaer
Been waiting for your comment since this morning, Flanders.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Again, these TX threads are not for circlejerking or flame wars. Take discussion about potential code theft to its respective thread, and keep this one limited to talking about the contents of this update. New people looking for informative posts are not benefiting from bickering and older members are sick of the repeated back and forth fighting that goes nowhere.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Again, these TX threads are not for circlejerking or flame wars. Take discussion about potential code theft to its respective thread, and keep this one limited to talking about the contents of this update. New people looking for informative posts are not benefiting from bickering and older members are sick of the repeated back and forth fighting that goes nowhere.
Exactly what I've mentioned before; STOP wasting our admin's precious time.. for crying out loud!

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries