TX Presents SX OS v2.4.1 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Please add fixed sleep mode for downgraded fw with burned fuses on the next release. That way if a new firmware comes out. We can update sysnand burning fuses and leave emunand on the older firmware without loosing sleep mode until you tell us it's ok to update again. Hekate 4.6 figured it out so please credit the open source devs responsable to avoid having more drama related post. Thanks for your amazing continued support.

Last edited by JJTapia19, Dec 17, 2018
  2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    why dont you ask in the tx forums?

3. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Ahh I don't have an account there and I don't feel like making one. I think I'll make one when their new forum comes out.

4. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    No time like the present, Any registered accounts will transfer over when new forums finished, Also the best place to ask your questions too

JJTapia19 likes this.
  5. bshz38

bshz38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've downloaded the sx installer from the sx website and extracted the zip and copied over the switch folder but when I go to the homebrew menu on my switch. All I see is No homebrew found on micro sd.

When i check my micro sd card I can see that there is the folder switch/sx/sx.nro

any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm running latest firmware 6.2

6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    do you have an Emunand set up and are by any chance trying to run this off your Emunand? Because that won't work. The contents you see on desktop PC is Sysnand, the Emunand cannot access this.

7. Sunnyboy

Sunnyboy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2008
    United States
    you can also put it in the root of youre sd card, its fine for me

8. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line

Use atmosphere as an external payload until they resolve the kip issue. My guess is that they're working on their "own" version of the kip with a network PC UI.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  9. bshz38

bshz38 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No Emunand setup.

10. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    it doesn't matter if you're using emunand or not. make sure winrar is up to date and redownload zip and extract to your sd card. if that don't work you might have issues with your sd card. check for errors. you could try formatting it.

11. wadisnake

wadisnake Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    France
    running 4.1 and emunand is still broken on 2.4.1 (even if in the changleog it's listed as being fixed)

12. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Just tested. Works perfectly fine for me.
    Sys 4.1 - Emu 4.1 tested
    Sys 6.2 - Emu 4.1 tested
    Sys 4.1 - Emi 6.2 tested

I'm using exFat btw.

13. TinyBilbo

TinyBilbo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    A quick question about the new form of emunand (the hidden partition)....

Is it considered a better option that the previous form (writing a file to SD).
    If it is... can someone please explain why?..

I can't see how it's any better (or worse)....
    If the card corrupts you'll likely lose all the partitions as well.

At the moment whenever I pop the card out for a new game or update... I just copy the emunand files in any file manager..
    I don't need to image a hidden partition with a separate program or cmd line util.

Thanks

14. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    It's $60, just buy the goddamned game. If you have enough free time to whine about not being able to pirate one specific game then you most likely have enough money to just own it legitimately

15. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    I’m confused, don’t you have to buy the game anyway to play online? I thought you get banned if you don’t have a vaild cert.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  16. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm fairly certain that's correct. Smash Bros can be played entirely offline, though, assuming you just want to stick to World of Light or have friends to play with

17. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    There's a kip that redirects the local Wi-Fi mode to tunnel over the internet, allowing banned consoles and pirated copies to play with other people (plus, no Nintendo Online Subscription needed). Since SX OS doesn't support third party kips and hasn't implemented this kip themselves, people on SX OS can't make use of this feature.

SaggyBeans and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  18. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    The hidden partition is considered better because if you're using exfat on the SD, and run some homebrew that writes or modifies files on SD, you have a chance of hitting the exfat corruption bug which can destroy the entire filesystem and all files within it. But the hidden emunand partition will never get corrupted since it's not part of the exfat partition. Also bootup time will be a tiny bit faster since it doesn't need to map all the sectors of the emunand files.

That's the main benefit and thus more safe.

xs4all, peteruk and TinyBilbo like this.
  19. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    Interesting, I didn’t know that was even an option. I guess that’s better than no online play. I imagine that the matchmaking would be slow considering there would be a lot less people using this method of online play.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  20. TinyBilbo

TinyBilbo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the info...

I had heard about the exfat bug (I use exfat), I'm unlikely to run into it since I'm not really using homebrew any at the moment.
    But I guess I should really err on the side of caution.. is there a way to transfer the file emunand to the hidden partition emunand easily?

Also has anyone verified that if they are hit by the exfat bug, it only damages the main partition and not the partition table itself (which would lose all partitions)..

Cheers!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted