TX Presents SX OS v2.4.1 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Depends on what you want... Emunand is safer in case you load up something that screw all the software or that can lock the nand with a password or any crap like that, you can simply make a new emunand or load some backup files, while using CFW you may have to recover the whole console and in case its something that makes it lockes with password and you can't read it or some shit like that you will be screwed...

Other than that, emunand is mostly 4 people who want more safety too by using emunand for backups, then completely remove that M-SD from the Switch and load up the console all original with no bad logs so it makes more safty to use the console with both backups and original games for online on Stock\original\horizon\nintendo FW...

Last edited by guily6669, Dec 19, 2018
  2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I think it was just exfat. I just bit the bullet and formatted it back to fat32 and copied emunand back on and it started working so it is what it is.

3. Shoruk3n

Shoruk3n Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2018
    United States
    Sacramento, CA
    What do the install matching Game Updates/DLC Packages do? Being in airplane mode I don't see how the installer can fetch updates or DLC. Anyone tried these options?

4. TinyBilbo

TinyBilbo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2007
    United States
    What the easiest way to transfer my existing SD Emunand (file) to the hidden partition?

Do I have to backup my Emunand saves, copy my (empty) Sysnand to the new Emunand partition, reinstall all games and updates and then restore the saves, or is there a quicker way?

Thanks

5. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Where's the great part? Is just a bug fix
    Is like saying that an update on smash patching the isabelle bug is a great update

6. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2015
    Australia
    Hey guys, I'de like to report a bug with SXOS 2.4.1. I'm getting error 2144-0001 very often after using SX installer or Tinfoil 0.99. Always happen the same way, I get the "No license found" from the TX menu, go back to main switch menu, re-entre homebrew menu, crash... I've OFW on 5.1.0, Emunand Hidden partition on 6.2.0 (SXOS 2.4.1), 400gb Sandisk SD Card, 1tb toshiba hard drive plugged to the switch via powered USB hub. Anyone else with this?

7. SuperNintendho

SuperNintendho Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    SuperNintendho is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 26, 2018
    United States
    Ghost Of Soldiers
    I try the setup for a hidden emunand partition and it it fails right away saying there is not enough space on my 64GB microsd, even tho it is almost completely empty. Any ideas?

8. chest0r

chest0r Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Germany
    yes format your sd card to fat32 and then try to create partitioned emunand in sx menu. Copy all of your content from sd card first!

SuperNintendho likes this.
  9. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Anything in particular you're doing in SX installer? I've seen something like this when running homebrew that leak resources, usually event handles which are not properly closed.
    Because of the leak, eventually it hits the resource limit and everything starts to break down. I'm guessing this is an issue present in both SX installer and Tinfoil.

It could also be thread resource exhaustion. @Wiiunator did you use USB or HTTP install?

Last edited by json, Dec 19, 2018
  10. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Can some great soul PLZ answer my questions:

1- Is it safe to use SX installer? Where does it download\search from?

2- Can I read the new emunand partition with windows explorer?

3- how can I move my current emunand on M-SD to the new partition M-SD emunand?

4- If I create a new emunand partition how can I have my M-SD formatted to exFat if my sysnand is on 3.02 and without the update exFat? (When I created M-SD emunand with SX OS 2.3 I used Fat32, then updated emunand to 6.1 with ChoidijourNX with exFat update, then backed up the emunand, formatted mSD to exFat and put the updated emunand back in it).

Note: I don't want to install exFat update offline on my Original 3.02 sysnand...

Last edited by guily6669, Dec 19, 2018
  11. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Safe. It searches locally, basically, hdd, sd, nand, etc. It doesn't go online to magically install any game you wish, you still need to download all the games. It's just more organized and has more options.

No. It's "locked" you can't open or interact with it at the moment.

You can't migrate your emuNAND at the moment, you will have to install a fresh emuNAND if you want to use the hidden partition option.

You can't, you either install the exfat update, or you use a splitter to split your xci's into pieces to fit a fat32 drive.

Last edited by Ra1d, Dec 19, 2018
    guily6669 likes this.
  12. guily6669

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    But doesn't the app have a auto game updates search and download them?

And about the exFat, then screw that crap, I will keep using M-SD emunand files... Unless maybe after updating the emunand with exFat update, maybe I could rip the whole M-SD data with a hex editor and inject it later on the M-SD formatted as exFat somehow...:unsure:.

13. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2015
    Australia
    Hey mate. Thanks for the reply. Now that you mention it, there is the possibility that the issue occured when I closed the app with the home button instead of exiting it the proper way... in saying that I’m also pretty sure this happened to me also when I launched the app through TX hold R option which gives access to the full memory.

I have checked on the team executor forum and it seems of few people had the issue, even the forum admin guy had it and reported the issue to TX. I will try to avoid quitting the app the “wrong” way and see if it still occurs.FYI and only used the USB install

14. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    OK well there is the culprit: USB. Libnx has a bug in USB handling that prevents proper cleanup for event handles.

15. Wiiunator

Wiiunator GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2015
    Australia
    Right... if it’s a libnx issue, am I correct in thinking it’s not really something that is fixable by TX then is it? Do you know any possible way to minime the issue from happening? In saying that I have used the old TX built in installer in the past to install @400gb worth of NSPs in one go without an issue... never ever crashed on me using USB. Tried to do the same here with TX installer overnight and I woke up to a crashed console... still installed about 90% of my NSPs though.

Last edited by Wiiunator, Dec 19, 2018
  16. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Can't help you there. We just have to wait for someone to fix it

Wiiunator likes this.
  17. atrocious123

atrocious123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Senegal
    I asked this in another chat but would like to know from here too. Can anyone give me a clarification on all the updates?

Hi guys, i have updated my switch to 6.1 without burning fuses. My NAND backup was at 4.1 iirc. Now that i think about it, i dont really think there's any advantage of keeping a low fuse fw and would like to know if there's any advantages?

I've been thinking of burning my fuse to OFW 6.2 and then SX OS w/ emuNAND partition and using all of the features in emuNAND. Can i check that whatever i do in emuNAND is separated from OFW which means i could install NSP and not get detected?