TX Presents SX OS v2.4.1 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    You're right. I've changed my stance on this. If the switch is hackable by all means hack it. No sense keeping a hackable switch legit. If in the future i want to play online I'll just buy one of the new mariko switches to play legit.

huma_dawii and Subtle Demise like this.
  2. jonesy101

jonesy101 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    I have a question about emunand.

If I create one on the hidden partition, do I still need the Emutendo folder in the root of the SD card?

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Yes emunand uses that folder. It creates it automatically

Chizko and jonesy101 like this.
  4. HardMind

HardMind Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I installed emuNand in sd card, and update it to 6.2.
    Is it normal that, Emunand on sd card slowly in responding by almost 2 times compared to SysNAND or there is somthing i dont do it well?

5. jonesy101

jonesy101 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the reply!

I did not know that SXOS creates that Emutendo folder. I just made a copy of the Nintendo folder and renamed it Emutendo like I did for SXOS 2.3.

6. Huge_Heffner

Huge_Heffner Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    United States
    Does that Emutendo/Nintendo folder contain system settings? Or is it only game related content?

7. Sir

Sir GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    can i install NSP files to an external drive and have them run fine

8. Wezaa

Wezaa GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2015
    Erm, you would still have the licence.dat file. So deleting the fingerprint on their server would archive a grand total to fekall..

9. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    ???
    i mean if they delete the footprint from their sever all you would have to do is generate a new license.bat

obviously

10. Wezaa

Wezaa GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2015
    I mean in therms of TX preventing you from abusing their license system....

If they delete the FP, he can make a new licence.dat, BUT he will still have the licence.dat for the old console, so 2 licences for the price of one, which TX obviously aren't going to do.

They have no proof you have deleted your old license.dat.

11. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States

SX OS could call home to verify the license footprint

12. rrocha

rrocha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Portugal
    But that would reflect on all of us having to be online for each boot (or whenever the call home code triggers).
    And lets be honest: forking 25 bucks one time for "all available games" is not that steep. I know everyone's wallet is different, but come on: you have a 300 bucks gaming machine and each new game costs at least double the price of 1 SX license... If integrated XCI loading + USB HD + emuNAND (just to state the major unique features) isn't worth the price of admission for someone, we can always go with the free alternatives

SaggyBeans and Huge_Heffner like this.
  13. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    If people want license transfer so bad they have to give up some convenience

huma_dawii likes this.
  14. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    just use a tool that clones entire SD cards.

xs4all likes this.
  15. Wezaa

Wezaa GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2015
    And those of us who don't want to transfer licensen and aren't stupid enough to try and play online with a switch that has been running CFW will also suffer.
    Having to be always online to verify the fingerprint/license would be shit for a handheld console that you take out of the home with you.

TotalInsanity4 and SaggyBeans like this.
  16. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    Looking for confirmation to check that I'm doing this right? I want to update my 5.1 switch to the latest fw. I'm using sxos pro. So these are the steps I am planning to take:
    1. Update my sxos to latest version via the update feature in the album. Switch off and re-enter cfw.
    2. Transfer 6.2 files to a 'firmware' folder on my sd card via ftp.
    3. Transfer ChoidujourNX.nro to my sd card via ftp.
    4. Load ChopidujourNX.nro and select fw to update with ex fat option (haven't used this before but assume it's fairly obvious?)
    5. The switch should now be on 6.2 with ex fat? Do I need to switch off the console and re-enter cfw? I'm not bothered about burning fuses (there doesn't seem to be much point as i have no plans to downgrade etc - unless i am missing something?) do I have to select burning fuses in choidujour before updating?

Appreciate any help!

EDIT: To use the new installer, do i simply download it, put it on my sd card and then access it from the album to install nsp files etc?

17. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    Just curious, is there any negative reason to update to 6.01 fw, (from 5.x) instead of 6.2? I usually like to wait awhile to update to latest, just in case there's some delayed issues found out with brand new OFW updates. I'm don't want to keep having to bypass firmware checks for titles, and I understand newer titles require 6.x to work properly anyway.
    Will moving up to 6.01 be enough at this point in title/dlc fw requirements and such?

18. nexxusty

nexxusty Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2009
    Canada
    No KIP support?

Jesus TX, can you take a fucking hint or what? Smash is out and everyone who wants to play it online, can't with your OS ONLY. THE ONLY PAID ONE!!!! At least tell us if it's coming or not. You had two things to do, 6.2 and KIP. Nothing else was worth your time. So foolish.... It's really frustrating.

Pretty much done with you chumps. Likely the last time I ever buy anything TX or support you in any way.

GaryOPA is a TX shill now? Or owner. That's sad dude. I remember when you were a respected Xbox 360 firmware modder. This?

Lol. Wow.

Last edited by nexxusty, Dec 17, 2018
  19. nexxusty
    This message by nexxusty has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 17, 2018.
    Dec 17, 2018
  20. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    it was probably made by binatone :)

RitchieRitchie likes this.
  21. rory2005

rory2005 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Ooooh you are angry. Didn't know TX had been informed this was on there schedule and had to be implemented by now, So you dont like the bug fixes then on an interim BETA release?

gizmomelb likes this.
  22. Sunnyboy

Sunnyboy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi,
    i have update the switch to 6.2, use mine licence.dat and the switch boot in rcm and see everything, but now i got a new licence.dat for that switch, now when i boot with the power + the switch boot, see for 2 second the menu and the switch goes to the cfw, i can you everything but no payload menu of nand menu, is this a bug or ?

Last edited by Sunnyboy, Dec 17, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted