TX Presents SX OS v2.4.1 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 16, 2018.

1. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Locking a thread when people inevitably start going on about that again, again and again, preventing any other people from posting relevant stuff? That's dumb. I agree with the stance taken here. Telling people to behave or be punished as per the rules. It's simple.

2. TheOGMew3

TheOGMew3 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Awesome!!! No wonder I wasn’t able to use any other payloads!

3. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    This is pretty nice update. I prefer the free option, but it is pretty surprising for a mod scene to provide steady and consistent updates like this. Hard to make soonjokes :P

Let me put it simply.

This thread is for talking about the update and the new features. There is another thread that discusses the methods of how the SX OS team gets their code (previously linked). Keep similar discussions in the threads already created by other members so everyone can express themselves without talking over each other.

This is the opposite of censorship. This is ensuring everyone has a platform and a willing audience to discuss it with.

Last edited by osaka35, Dec 17, 2018
  4. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    The support is non existing. Plus no license transfer to another console it's ridiculous.

5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    That's normal in real life. Windows license won't be transferred to a new pc too.

gizmomelb and Condemned87 like this.
  6. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    You can if you call Microsoft and tell them that you replaced your mobo or something

Last edited by jakkal, Dec 17, 2018
  7. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Confucius once said: "Don't be a stupid moron"

Not being a stupid moron implies that you read a product description before you buy a product. In case of SX Pro and/or SX OS, you would find information about the fact that the license is bound to the console inside the description.
    If you didn't find that information, well, you probably didn't take what Confucius said too serious.
    If you did find that information, and still purchased the product, well, according to Confucius I have bad news for you.
    If you didn't purchase that product and still complaining in this thread, the best solution for you would probably to gtfo of here and never come back. At least that's what Confucius would suggest.

8. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    Interesting.. somehow people have already managed to complain about the warning telling people not to complain :rofl:

rob4, findonovan95, Nerdtendo and 7 others like this.
  9. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    The just need to delete the old console fingerprint in their servers and replace it with the new one. Done, I got banned with previous console and had to buy a new license because of their greediness

10. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    Yeah right it sucks now you have to find a new hobby to spend the day.

11. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    So what if you got banned? Are you seriously surprised? When you use a CFW or modify the switch in any way you should expect a ban. I don’t see that being a vaild reason to switch a licence to a new console.

12. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Thinking of upgrading my SD CARD to something bigger, currently have EmuNand as a hidden partition on the SD CARD. Is there anyway to clone/copy/etc.. this partition to a new SD CARD? Or do I have to start over and do another EmuNand setup?

13. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Calling an corporation "greedy" is what Confucius would call a "total moron".
    The only goal of the corporation is to make as much money as possible. Every (profit-)company acts that way.
    If you can afford a new Switch, you can spend a few more bucks on the new license, it won't make you poor.

gizmomelb likes this.
  14. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    The 2nd DLC character for smash ultimate was leaked. Someone from dragon quest.

15. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Sxos + internet ,automatic ban? Probably you will get banned on your new switch soon so... you should use one for piracy and other for legal use I think

SaggyBeans likes this.
  16. Ryu Kenshin

Ryu Kenshin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2015
    Woah, so the new nsp encryption is culprit, I think those files were broken :ohnoes:

17. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi,
    Currently on 5.1FW - can I please confirm that the latest Smash update (and other latest updates) can be installed and played with this version of SX OS, or will I still need to update to 6.2FW?

Thanks.
    PS, no I do not want to use Tinfoil if I can avoid it.

18. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I had to use tinfoil for an update. Installing through sx os still prompted for system update.

frostii likes this.
  19. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    That guy is not very smart. You'd think after his first switch got banned that he'd keep his second switch legit if he wants to play online....but no. Funny enough i've been using sxos on both of my switches and neither one is banned.

SaggyBeans and Nezztor like this.
  20. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    You mean you turn off your switch? O.o what a total mad lad!

Subtle Demise and peteruk like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted