TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I think you're being "that guy" when you're saying that it's easy. It might be easy for you, but for the average user, this is not easy. At all. Please don't be condescending like that.

gizmomelb likes this.
  2. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
  3. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    What's the ideal firmware to be on? I have a switch purchased shortly after it came out & I use sxos, never have updated it

4. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    So I can confirm this still isn’t able to launch split xci files unfortunately. The album menus launcher can but is incredibly slow loading games off a HDD. @blawar is this perhaps something you could look at for future version?

5. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    sadly, i can confirm split files in current format will not be supported.

blawar wants to see split files done correctly like how nintendo manages large files on fat32, nintendo places them together in with a directory setup with sticky bit, so it sees all files as one.

the current way split files are done is not right, how i can say it better, not the way Horizon OS itself handles large 4gb+ files on sdcard.

6. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    Well that’s unfortunate. a few months ago in an attempt to make seamless file transitions from my HardDrive to my sd card I spent a large amount of time splitting all my xci files that were saved on my harddrive, not knowing they couldn’t be launched using this software. I guess until it does eventually happen I have to either rejoin everything which takes a long long time or just wait.

7. Ichnos

Ichnos Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Greece
    I have a 5.1.0 patched switch, and since I can't downgrade I can only trust these people, I don't think we'll have news "soon". I don't know when and how but my only choice is to wait, I can only hope they'll give some consistent news within this year

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Can this app install XCIs that have game updates baked in with @JRoad NSCB Builder?

9. Deobulakenyo

Deobulakenyo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2018
    Philippines
    crashes, crashes and more crashes.

where can I download the previous version?

10. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    All the releases are stored in the 'history tab' on the resources section of the TX Community website:

https://team-xecuter.com/community/resources/sx-installer.16/history

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The whole idea of baking in 'updates' into the XCI, is so you DO NOT have to install anything, those custom xci's are designed for people that just want to mount and play their XCI's without every installing anything.

Personally, I really don't understand all this 'installing' stuff, I like the fact that XCI's are just mount and go, keeping my sdcard clean and my nand clean even tho i have emunand, I can mount and play hundreds of different XCI's and takes only 1 or 2 seconds max to mount and go back to home screen and launch it. -- instead of spending all that time 'installing stuff' to the sdcard, and risk having to do it all over again when or if the sdcard ever corrupts, when you run just plain xci's and no installing, you never see any corruption ever, even when using exfat format.

Last edited by garyopa, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:01 AM
  11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Even my friend who doesn't have PC for years and don't know nothing about hacking find it easy... I just modded his controller, the rest he just have to maintain pressed the joy-con new button + "Vol+" and click power button then leave all the buttons alone and he just connect the OTG on his phone and the USB-C from the OTG to the Switch and it's a automatic injection...

You just need to have a phone that works with it and install their app which is the SX Tools 1.1...

ps: For the joy-con mod, just ask someone to do it for you and bam, it becomes super easy or will you say pressing 3 buttons is too hard? (2 if it's a ON\OFF button on the joy-con like mine) and then just connecting a cable (or you can buy a small dongle cheap from ebay and you don't need the phone or any cable, just connect it to the USB-C port of the Switch it will inject the payload and you can remove it)...

Last edited by guily6669, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM
  12. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    I would like to see a 'tiny slide device' the fits the joycon, just like how 3d printed the jig, but bigger so you can slide the 'man-in-the-middle' like device on right of your switch, and then slide and click-lock the joycon back in place, and of course the tiny slide device now wedged betweeen your switch in joycon has small button on it.

Of course it would be bit more in cost, as it would need to have a matching rail for the joycon and full pass-thru of joycon signals to the joycons, but I think it would look very cool. and could be made compact so it would not add much in length to your overall switch having it wedged in there, you could even supply a dummy one for left, just for those that would want a balanced and matching look on both the left and right sides.

This would also help for those that have the joycons off and being used remotely as you would still have the 'tiny button' there on right for ease of access.

Last edited by garyopa, Aug 13, 2019 at 3:09 PM
  13. Supreme23

Supreme23 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    The main issue to crashing is if you have themes installed? And to stop crashing from the sx installer is to delete this folder /sxos/titles/0100000000001000/? Just wanted to make sure before I updated to this 2.0.0 version.

14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    That didn't answer the question in the slightest. Fyi got 1 console with SX OS so that was reason to include the updates in them. Since it would be extra work to get nsp version of game, it would be convenient to install the same XCIs.

15. Deobulakenyo

Deobulakenyo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2018
    Philippines
    Yes i do have themes installed. So sx installer is impossible to use with themes?

16. icegold

icegold Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Does this programme let me install/play new games without latest firmware like Goldleaf does?

if not, what would be the best way to do this for a file over 4gb as I havent been able to do use Goldleaf with a external USB drive.

Supreme23 likes this.
  17. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, this is what I do.
    Simply mounting and launching custom xcis directly from exFAT HDD is the best thing.
    People say there's a lag scanning the disk but I don't see that at all - it's almost instant.
    And no need to be faffing around with splitting files, waiting for installs, having old tickets and stuff, etc

18. Supreme23

Supreme23 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    So cant use themes if you upgrade to SX Installer v2.0.0?

19. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    To my knowledge I have never installed a theme although I have changed Nintendo's default theme to white instead of black (maybe that's why I'm having crashes?)

20. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    But the default theme IS white...

Edit. Misread. Was thoroughly confused