TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    yes - tinfoil and lithium have allowed you to install games requiring higher FW for ages. even the SXOS installer v1.52 has allowed this (from memory)

icegold likes this.
  2. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    highly underrated comment

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ummm.... yes autorcm requires repair to boot in the intended way.... Let's pretend for a moment that RCM mode was working as intended and had no flaws. If autorcm was installed, which is the corruption of the BCT. that is by definition requiring repair. You would have to send that to Nintendo who only they can repair a brick like that. BUT! because the code on unpatched units has a flaw in it's verification process (or how we can get around it) then you can boot. But if we are talking from a intended design prospective, then yes it requires repair.
    I think you don't understand how the RCM exploit works at all. And thus not autorcm.

3. gk28

gk28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    United States
    Just updated to 8.1 with SX Installer and now I can't boot the switch...it says I'm in RCM and it says it is injecting payload successfully but the switch isn't responding.

I just updated from 7.0.1 to 8.1 with the new Installer and now I can't boot from RCM. I can inject payload but the switch isn't responding to the payload actually being injected.

4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    lmao. Sept gets encrypted and signed with the HOVI keys, that's why you need them...

Uhh, Nintendo does have the key for that stuff...

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Aug 15, 2019
  5. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't have theme installed and still crashes for me, however i used to have theme installed in the past but uninstalled them.

6. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    IF one is already in auto-RCM (Lost jig on plane borrowed my sons jig to put it in auto-RCM). Can it now safely do the update while having Auto-RCM turned on ? or should I remove auto RCM and just use Choudur.

Can see the post saying this will enable auto-RCM anyway but was wondering if already in AUTO RCM will it brick the boot ? I have themes installed . Not using emmunand.

Last edited by DaveLister, Aug 15, 2019
  7. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    SX OS doesn't use Sept

8. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    No it doesn't, I intend to use a dongle & it boots perfectly well.

If you meant how Nintendo intended then it's none of their business if I modified it.

It doesn't require repairing, or I wouldn't have intentionally done it.

That seems extremely subjective. Why care how Nintendo implements when implementing unauthorised software?

Is blawar really that passive aggressive?

9. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Christ this thing is slower than a constipated dog shit .

10. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    40mins gone and its not half way through update of firmware , what a load of old bollocks , bet ye itll brick on me too. IT is as if it is downloading and applying the nca's one by one after another and queueing download of next package at each stage WTF ?

Did it go like really unbelievably slow during upgrade ? think i have a 4.1 backup ...... jesus , expecting a brick now as choudour does it in like 2 mins.

11. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Realized no power supply this could be an oh fuck moment lol.

Started at 60 percent power and it's at 20 now 60 percent done 1 hour in .

12. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Using exfat (Fuck off I don't care)
    Tried to inplace upgrade main sysnand firmware not using emmunand 7.1 to 8.1 on latest SX OS.
    Failed to upgrade after 1.5 hour wait time. said to check console - constant rolling tinfoil login fail ?

Thats me done ever using that again will stick to xbins for now .

13. Deobulakenyo

Deobulakenyo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2018
    Philippines
    Just use choidujournx

gizmomelb and DaveLister like this.
  14. DaveLister

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Ye but i thought for a minute there TX SX OS/Blawar/tinfoil/goldleaf was the dogs nads. I was wrong . Back to Choidujournx fo sho. Wont be going back to try that shit again .

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Ok? At what point did I say it does in that post?

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Aug 15, 2019
  16. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    there are likely to be some people who see your post about Sept in an SX OS thread and equate it to TX stole Sept or some such bullshit.

Just trying to stop any crap derailing this thread with atmos users and more than it has.

17. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

18. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    It was rhetorical.

hippy dave likes this.
  19. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    congrats on the art of removing context. Yes does require repair if it RCM was programmed/implemented the intended way. Simple as that. If you did have autorcm installed in any shape or form, it would be just like the people on ipatched units, a brick. Since clearly you like removing context, let me just quote myself and then bold the important pieces you so kindly removed.
    Thanks for wasting my time as a reminder I must add. RCM stands for recovery mode. Literately something that defines the need of repair
    and I define intention from a design prospective, which would be Nintendo's perspective/the maker of the product.

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Aug 16, 2019
  20. ChambersNow

ChambersNow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Hi all, I'm trying to use the sxserver 1.1 with this and was wondering if that servers scanned folders recursively. I'm going to guess it doesn't but wanted to check in case i'm missing something, thanks!