TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

TX is back with a major update to your favorite SX Installer app.
And with the release of v2.0.0 that means a lot of very nice new features.

SXInstaller200.jpg

It has been a while since SX Installer was updated, but earlier today TX released v2.0.0 which brings with it a number of nice improvements as you can see in their changelog below, and one of the amazing new features is that you can now upgrade and downgrade your Switch firmware with ease and safety, as simple as installing a NSP game on your Switch!
  • Added XCI installation
  • Added on-the-fly standard crypto install
  • Standard crypto conversion hard drops minimum firmware requirement
  • Added socket.json for fine tuning socket settings
  • Added system firmware version check before installing
  • Added google drive directory and file support
  • Plugging in USB cable without SX Server no longer hangs SX Installer
  • Added ability to reset minimum version nag in the application record.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Added stability for 8.1.0 firmware.
  • Improved Korean Translations.
  • Added firmware installation.
  • Added dropbox support. url syntax: dropbox:/token:here@/
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes..
  • Enabled compression on database files.
  • Added hosts for custom host entries.
  • Fixed game launching.
  • Improved stability.
  • Added ability to install save game at time of install.
    (unzips titleid.zip in the NSP to the games save)
  • Added ability to install save games from zip files.
    (title id must be in brackets i.e. "doom fix [010018900DD00000].zip)"
  • Fixed error installing certain titles over USB.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: top grammer line correction

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already try format my card to fat32.
but.. still crash with black background with error number and force my switch to power off....

i just want to use file manager feature to copy and paste game or cheats from usb to sdmc
(im using sandisk usb type-c flashdrive)
https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/ultra-usb-type-c

any other homebrew to do copy paste from usb to sdmc ?

edit : in FAT32 it just CRASH ONLY MY SWITCH (not corrupted my sd card)

Try deleting your entire sdmc:/switch/sx/ o nyour SD card, if you still get crashes, it is quite possible you have corruption on your system, such as a corrupted ticket blob which will cause that.

Reactions: cheungpakwan

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. it works after i formated again my sd card.
but.. after i power off my switch (i want to charging the battery)

then after i turn on again, when its in initialize screen sx installer it goes to black screen with error number and force my switch to power off...

so.. im back to previous version v1.5.2 ( so far so good with v1.52)

thanks much blawar

Try deleting your entire sdmc:/switch/sx/ o nyour SD card, if you still get crashes, it is quite possible you have corruption on your system, such as a corrupted ticket blob which will cause that.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Making on-console downgrades easier seems like a recipe for disaster. Seen many people softbrick from trying to downgrade with ChoiDujourNX.
garyopa is not a staff member here. It brings money to MaxConsole, GBAtemp doesn't get a cent.
That’s not true by the way! There has been a lot of donations given to gbatemp in the past which have connections in Gary’s projects.

Last edited by Reecey,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That’s not true by the way! There has been a lot of donations given to gbatemp in the past which have connections in Gary’s projects.
GBAtemp doesn't take donations. Well, unless you count Patreon.
Donations for competition prizes however are a thing. Which are not really for GBAtemp the site but rather its users.
What exactly are "Gary's projects"? All I know is he's staff on MaxConsole (owner? not sure)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's more meant to install the legit xcis I guess and those have sometimes older updates. Unless it changed the way it handled that.

Updates are skipped because the updates inside of XCI's are usually stale / old. This is not nec NSCB's fault, plenty of legit XCI's have old updates packed into them. I had a flood of bug reports of old updates being installed so I blocked updates from XCI. I dont want to implement only installing newer updates because some people do want to downgrade.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
GBAtemp doesn't take donations. Well, unless you count Patreon.
Donations for competition prizes however are a thing. Which are not really for GBAtemp the site but rather its users.
What exactly are "Gary's projects"? All I know is he's staff on MaxConsole (owner? not sure)
Gary has got his fingers in quite a lot of pies so to speak but it’s not my place to say so I’ve been told. Donations is only what I know off.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

anhtuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the naive question but if all I want to do is update my emunand to the latest 8.1, why not just update sysnand to 8.1 via the official FW then create a brand new emunand from that?

Reason I ask is that I still want to boot into sysnand and from what I understand this (and choidujour) forces you to use autorcm?

Meko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks. it works after i formated again my sd card.
but.. after i power off my switch (i want to charging the battery)

then after i turn on again, when its in initialize screen sx installer it goes to black screen with error number and force my switch to power off...

so.. im back to previous version v1.5.2 ( so far so good with v1.52)

thanks much blawar
could you link v1.52 v2.0 just crashes my system cause its broken as fuck atm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After try everything. I reach a solution: Download the 1.52 version and update to 2.00. DON'T open this version. Connect to a WiFi and then, open the app. This works for me to update to 8.1.0
where are you getting v1.52 i cant find any downloads

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Updates are skipped because the updates inside of XCI's are usually stale / old. This is not nec NSCB's fault, plenty of legit XCI's have old updates packed into them. I had a flood of bug reports of old updates being installed so I blocked updates from XCI. I dont want to implement only installing newer updates because some people do want to downgrade.
Yeah, i get you. Is also one of the reasons NSCB has an option that only leaves base game + dlcs in legits xcis, for people installing them. Is just that i didn't install a xci for some time so i wasn't sure if it still worked that way.

I also understand that since a lot of the time xcis are not named properly (for example scene ones), people don't realize they will install updates or dlcs together with the game (neither the update version number included in the xci). Sometimes there are even several games included in both official and unofficial xcis.

For example as a curiosity, the recent "Psikyo Shooting Library Vol 1", which is an official cartridge has 6 games and 6 updates, a lot of users won't notice that pre-installation.

Last edited by JRoad,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
This was crashing on me. It kept crashing then I turned my internet on and it was able to do "check for updates" and stopped crashing.

So maybe that's something TX should look into. It's crashing when switch is in airplane mode as it can't check for updates.

Meko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was crashing on me. It kept crashing then I turned my internet on and it was able to do "check for updates" and stopped crashing.

So maybe that's something TX should look into. It's crashing when switch is in airplane mode as it can't check for updates.
i got mine to update via 1.52 but then it wouldn't show the installed homebrew anymore like sc dumper etc so i went back to 1.52

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.......I just don't personally recommend it because it requires a payload everytime. Which is inconvenient for me because i don't have a dongle
Why don't you just do like I did, mod the controller, its so damn easy...

I added a ON\OFF switch on my joy-con, I just slide to ON position and just have to maintain Vol+ pressed and click on the power button and let go everything and can then switch the Joy-con button to OFF and just connect the OTG cable on my phone and the USB-C to it and it instantly injects the payload without even having to unlock phone screen...

If you want to use the phone I recommend using the following app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nutsaboutnets.otgrfex&hl=pt-PT

Basically from what I could get from a few phones, just having OTG support doesn't seem to work, but with that app all the phones that pass the USB Host Mode will work to inject the payload, so I think the phone not only needs to have OTG support but also have the USB Host mod permission (if your phone has OTG but fails host mod, you can always add it if you root the phone, its just a small text file "android.hardware.usb.host.xml", I think the needed file is in the description of that app and they have a download for it, but need root access to add it to the phone).

ps: On a friend's switch I added a click button from a mouse, though its slightly worse than a ON\OFF button since you need to keep it pressed while also maintaining Vol+ button pressed and click on the power button and only then you can release all the buttons and it's ready to inject the payload, but its nothing hard, very easy to click\do and super fast and no need to keep removing the Joy-con to add the crap connector on the rail...

Last edited by guily6669,

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
How does this upgrade downgrade work I’ve always used choidnujour you obviously still need the new firmware on your sd card right or is it a matter of going online and it finds the new firmware for you through sxos servers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr