OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/BusinessTrave...tory?id=9243198

Human error? In that case, I welcome our robot overlords. Then this kind stuff will happen a lot less often. ...Mostly because we'll be enslaved, BUT...

--

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be better to have everything automatized by now? human errors happen a lot more than they should, and with modern aircraft a lot more dangerous. More people can be killed, and modern jets carry more fuel, which is a lot more flammable than aircraft of old.

I don't mean have the control centers 100% automated with no humans inside, but probably about 90%, with people watching the systems for glitches or other problems.

With the best coders, however, hopefully there won't be many glitches in the beginning, and if there are then they can be worked out until we finally have a flawless, safer control system than the one that is in place now.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/BusinessTrave...tory?id=9243198

Human error? In that case, I welcome our robot overlords. Then this kind stuff will happen a lot less often. ...Mostly because we'll be enslaved, BUT...

--

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be better to have everything automatized by now? human errors happen a lot more than they should, and with modern aircraft a lot more dangerous. More people can be killed, and modern jets carry more fuel, which is a lot more flammable than aircraft of old.

I don't mean have the control centers 100% automated with no humans inside, but probably about 90%, with people watching the systems for glitches or other problems.

With the best coders, however, hopefully there won't be many glitches in the beginning, and if there are then they can be worked out until we finally have a flawless, safer control system than the one that is in place now.

A machine is as accurate as the humans who programmed it. I doubt we know enough about fluid mechanics and the earths weather patterns to make a fully automated plane safe enough to carry several hundred people.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
xcalibur said:
A machine is as accurate as the humans who programmed it.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

+1 for xcalibur and,
+1 for Maz

and a cookie for me agreeing.
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Also another 70TB going in the front mount drive bays of this server. 182tb raw, going to...