Hacking Two 3DS's, One Flashcart

Cyborg Ninja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I am using a 3ds, I think this is the best place to ask this question. So I myself have an original-size 3ds, and my boyfriend has a 3ds XL. I have a flashcart that says 'R4i 3DS Revolution for DS' on it. There's so many of these R4 cards and I'm not sure if there's even a hardware difference. I use Wood as the shell or interface for the card. First I used it on my 3ds, and it worked fine, then he used it on his system and it worked fine. Now when I try to use it on my system it doesn't work. I get an error message telling me to power down the system. So I tried his SD card, my two SD cards, nothing works on my system. The sad thing is I thought maybe I needed to reformat the SD card. And instead I actually formatted the system memory (!) without realizing what I was doing, and hence lost all of my Mii data and progress.

Why doesn't the flashcart work on my system anymore?

Cyborg Ninja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the 1.61 patch by copying and moving the .dat file and _rpg folder. Then I used my bf's 3ds to update the cart. It said version 1.60 as I was updating it, rather than 1.61, though that may be what it used to be. It only seemed to update for a couple of seconds. It still does not run on my 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol