Hacking Twin Snakes + DIOS MIOS

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've read alot about DIOS MIOS, but never tested it. I want to play Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, but I've read that you can't get past the first disc since you need to change to disc 2.

Isn't there any way to bypass this though? I know other Multi-disc games that let's you save before the change, so you can turn of the console, change disc and then turn it on to load that save. Isn't this possible in Twin Snakes? Or is there any other workaround?

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Devolution? Never heard of it before, care to enlighten me?

https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/devolution-setup

Devolution is a loader designed to run GameCube games on a Wii. Dolphin was the codename for the GameCube, Revolution was the codename for the Wii, add them together = Devolution. It works in Wii mode, no need to install a cMIOS. It uses AHBPROT to access the necessary hardware of the Wii. To work with WiiFlow download the source package for Devolution and extract the loader.bin into your device:/wiiflow folder and set your games to boot via Devolution.

CHEERS

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are different way:

Retail disc: of course.
Burnt disc with a modchip : same as above.
Devolution : reading backup only, needing the retail disc only once (after verification you are good to go without them).
Swiss : Play game backup from SD Gecko or a special IDE converter.
Dolphin : Emulator on PC.
DIOS MIOS (Lite) : There's a test method (but I don't know anyone succeding it), where you can extract both disc in the same folder and hope that the game will try loading the files without asking to switch disc.

In all cases, you are free to switch to any method at anytime.
There are tools to extract/insert/convert memory card files format too.

You can play with DIOS MIOS (Lite) and use one of the above method to do the swap when required, then go back to your favorite loader.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the original GameCube disc a must? My second Twin Snakes disc is scratched and can't be read.

Also, my Wii is a 25th Anniversary red Wii, so it won't play disc backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1