Twilight DS emulation, Lines Duplicated on Bottom of Screen

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intermittently, no matter the game, sometimes there's a few chunks of lines on the bottom of the screens (both I believe) duplicated. I'd take a screenshot if I had a tool to extract from screenshots.tar (assuming it shows up on the screenshots). Like, say these are the proper lines (in groups of say 8px): 'ABCDEFGH', it might be 'ABCDEFFF'. No special scalers or anything in use.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Could be using 64k or larger sectors for the SD card format. Try reformat using 32k. I remember when I used 64k on a 256gb card is caused all sorts of issues. Might be easier for now to copy just the content you need onto a new SD card 32k alignment and try again rather than coping all the data if you have a large card filled

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be using 64k or larger sectors for the SD card format. Try reformat using 32k. I remember when I used 64k on a 256gb card is caused all sorts of issues. Might be easier for now to copy just the content you need onto a new SD card 32k alignment and try again rather than coping all the data if you have a large card filled

That seems like a strange symptom. I just discovered updates in Universal Updater (so hard to find wifi that the 3DS likes. If it has a login page, forget it). So I'll keep an eye out for new incidents.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The duplicated lines are caused by a random bug in TWL_FIRM (which is what the DS(i) games and homebrew run under, and is not emulation, btw). You can fix that by closing the console's lid, and opening it back up.
The duplication will not appear in the screenshots taken using the nds-bootstrap in-game menu.
If you have 7-zip installed, you can use that to open "screenshots.tar".

Reactions: aarstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w