Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any more solutions to this problem? I get some sort of code dump thingy, I know you mentioned this could be helped by checking my cables and such.. But that didn't seem to solve the problem.. Any suggestions?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timbaman said:
Are there any more solutions to this problem? I get some sort of code dump thingy, I know you mentioned this could be helped by checking my cables and such.. But that didn't seem to solve the problem.. Any suggestions?

Have you tried different USB drives?

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I have and they all seem to work, because they are recognised.. Too bad I'm not allowed to use them
tongue.gif
(belong to my father)
I have succesfully backed up Zelda TP NTSC on PAL Wii, but one game is not very usefull on a 2gb sd card via sd reader.
Perhaps I'll have to buy a new storage solution then
frown.gif

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timbaman said:
Yes I have and they all seem to work, because they are recognised.. Too bad I'm not allowed to use them
tongue.gif
(belong to my father)
I have succesfully backed up Zelda TP NTSC on PAL Wii, but one game is not very usefull on a 2gb sd card via sd reader.
Perhaps I'll have to buy a new storage solution then
frown.gif

Yea, you most likely will. I do expect later that he'll modify his code for better USB support though.

I dont know of any other solution to the code dump..My Toshiba 2.5" does that and all I tried everything i knew to attempt to fix it, with no solution.

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm dumping a game on a Packard Bell 160GB drive...ETA 30 minutes? is it possible? The drive isn't this slow when I use it on windows...

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ClaKK said:
I'm dumping a game on a Packard Bell 160GB drive...ETA 30 minutes? is it possible? The drive isn't this slow when I use it on windows...

Ripping times varrie. Don't forget you're pulling it off of a disk that only reads at 3.0x (if its backed up), and then transferring it with a crappy Wii processor and putting it through a USB drive, then writing onto a hard drive. Ontop of that, some USB devices overheat. I dont think that applys in your case, though.

w1kk3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
w1kk3d said:
hd: wd mybook500
64gb partition for wii games

tried as root:

# ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb2 init
# ./wbfs add xxx.iso
cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory
hate2.gif

but ripping/starting games works fine... (mario kart wii in 8min)
any explanations?
unsure.gif

oh cmon, no one using linux here?
blink.gif

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone answer me if i even have a chance to use this? Ive only had my wii a few weeks, i have a wiikey 2 installed and i have the homebrew channel that i installed when i was under the firmwar 3.4e that i had with my wii. Ive installed nothing else. (apart from a snes emu) no patches, other software, nothing. All ive done is run wii games from dvds.

I have tried this from the tutorial on here but nothing. I get a -1021 error trying to install the wad file you need to (had a dabble with installing VC games and stuff a week ago, never had any joy, always got the same -1021 error)

Am now on 4.0e as updated legitimately. But still have working homebrew channel, should this be working?

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w1kk3d said:
w1kk3d said:
hd: wd mybook500
64gb partition for wii games

tried as root:

# ./wbfs -p /dev/sdb2 init
# ./wbfs add xxx.iso
cannot find any wbfs partition (verify permissions)): No such file or directory
hate2.gif

but ripping/starting games works fine... (mario kart wii in 8min)
any explanations?
unsure.gif

oh cmon, no one using linux here?
blink.gif

The windows version is so much simpler
tongue.gif

You've mounted the device first, right?

CD to the directory.

Try,

Code:
./wbfs -p /dev/sdb2/ init
./wbfs df

It should show your hard drive's info? If not, try;

Code:
./wbfs -p /dev/sdb/ init
./wbfs df

Make sure the ISO is in the same directory as your wbfs files.

Also, use this:

CODE
./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1 add

Try switching sdb1 with sdb if that fails.

utahraptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
utahraptor said:
spliffdizzle said:
Darkzero51521 said:
spliffdizzle said:
I'm having problems installing the cIOS36_rev9. It gives me error ret=-1017 right away. I also tried installing cIOS36_rev8 and had the same issue.

My current setup is as follows:
NTSC Wii with 3.2u
Cyclowiz chip with 3.6 firmware
Starfall 0.5 NTSC

In AnyTitleDeleter I noticed I do have an IOS249 and IOS254 installed from back in the day. Would deleting these help? I got my IOS36-64-v1042.wad using WUFE on FFCC:EoT. The cIOS installer doesn't seem to have a problem with .wad file, the error pops up on the first step "extracting content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)". Please help! I haven't been following the scene too closely recently, since I do have a modchip and didn't really need a backup loader, but the prospect of .iso loading from USB is a sweet one...

The IOS36-64-v1042 file should be:
Size: 1.68 MB (1,772,096 bytes)
Size on disk: 1.69 MB (1,773,568 bytes)

And do not uninstall a ISO file. I still have those IOS's installed as well, but rev 9 is independent of those.

That's a strange issue, though..Google doesn't bring anything up for error -1017.

Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't uninstalled anything yet. My IOS36 .wad file is the correct size. I've tried googling this also and haven't found much of anything. There's gotta be something installed that's getting in the way though, just don't know what it is.

I'm having the same problems except I am running NTSC Ver. 4.0U, but with a Wiikey v1 with no starfall

I guess it's not starfall then. This is a weird issue because i've seen people with Wiikey installed that have this working..and it runs on 4.0 fine. What programs have you guys installed?

The problem seems to have been from ISO249, I uninstalled it with AnyTitleDeleter and now everything works fine, I just hope I can still use the DVDdumper without ISO249

utahraptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can still use DVD Dumper v1.2 but without having cIOS37_rev2 installed the transfer rate no longer stays at 500K, when I reinstall that the rate goes up but I can't use the USB Loader, So for now I'll just have to uninstall and reinstall each one depending on what I am wanting to do

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkeybeast0 said:
Is there a possibility of this working on a NTFS formatted drive in the future? Don't feel like partitioning my 640gb drive.

Someone would have to port the NTFS file system to a cIOS, which according to Waninkoko, is too much work right now. Someone else will probably work on it but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guihome said:
with d2pro all my backup get stuck a 0.00%. wii sports play fine.

frown.gif

I have the same problem with my D2Pro Wii. Legit discs of Sports and Play copy and play fine, but all my burned discs get stuck at 0.00%. It seems ironic that my modchip would be preventing me from more piracy...

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluee said:
guihome said:

frown.gif

I have the same problem with my D2Pro Wii. Legit discs of Sports and Play copy and play fine, but all my burned discs get stuck at 0.00%. It seems ironic that my modchip would be preventing me from more piracy...

It looks like your best bet is to transfer it from your comp to USB.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the tutorial and read all the posts but I can't find a solution to my problem:

Once I load the USB Loader it simply sits at the screen and doesn't do anything. If I try to shut down the Wii it code dumps.

I am using a 16GB Patriot Xporter XT flash drive and have tried both NTFS and FAT32 file systems.

I also tried (in both NTFS and FAT32) to use both slots on the back of the Wii to no success.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluee said:
guihome said:

frown.gif

Wiikey (1) here, and not this problem.
(Eh, not trying to brag. Just telling that it's not all modchips)

w1kk3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Darkzero51521 said:
Code:
./wbfs -p /dev/sdb2/ init
./wbfs df

It should show your hard drive's info? If not, try;

Code:
./wbfs -p /dev/sdb/ init
./wbfs df

Make sure the ISO is in the same directory as your wbfs files.

Also, use this:

CODE./wbfs -p /dev/sdb1 add

Try switching sdb1 with sdb if that fails.

thx i didnt know i had to use the -p (p for PARAMETER maybe? xD) switch all the time - readme said nothing about it... works fine now...
(i fucked my hdd partition table before by using ./wbfs init /dev/sdb, got it back with gparted
smileipb2.png
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll give you a present by tying up ancientboi for you