Hacking Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs

Neo_Yggdrasill

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Community,

As this is my first post, I'd like to shortly introduce myself. I'm from Germany (I'll be thankful if you excuse my mistakes in language) and not that long into homebrew (I buyed my SD-Card a month ago). As gbatemp helped me solving major problems throughout its wiki and this forum I decided to post the question right here. In case that this problem could be solved by using the search function I apologize, I have not been able to find a solution.

I'm using USB Loader GX (rev 630) and cIOS rev 13b (also tried rev 10 and rev 12). Up to now all my images dumped from retail discs worked fine (apart from Mario Galaxy), but Super Smash Bros. Brawl freezes after the character select screen (and also randomly during the opening sequence). I guess my image is corrupted due to the fact that my Wii is in general unable to run SSBB properly (serial number starts with LEH10). May this be an explanation to the issue I'm facing or are there other possible solutions I haven't tried yet? I'm looking forward to your answers.

Greetings,

Neo_Yggdrasill

Edit: Now I'm sure it is corrupt. Some other attempts of dumping created images that freeze at other points (e.g. just after loading screen).

nicknacc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to not have to unplug replug the hd everytime i turn on my wii or load a new game?
wd 1tb part. and formated with wbfs
currently using cios rev12

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicknacc said:
is there a way to not have to unplug replug the hd everytime i turn on my wii or load a new game?
wd 1tb part. and formated with wbfs
currently using cios rev12
that particular annoyance is a combination of factors: hard drive model, cios, and loader.

for me, personally, i had the same issue with a seagate free agent 500 gb under rev 12, but 14 fixed it, and then some recent build of gx reintroduced it.

your mileage will vary.

nicknacc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something tired to help me but wasnt so clear. they said i had to cios or something? is there like custom cios's that fix these things?

excer2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can´t download the 1.1 CIOS9 file....

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

can u upload it again?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Its good you guys are interested in usb loaders, but this guide is a bit old

I would advise getting another cIOS (some are in my signature) and Neogamma as USB loader.

lol^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed this old guide (without really knowing whether it would work with mine) and now I'm stuck with the old IOS. How do I install IOS38rev14 again? I still have it in my SD Card but when I choose network install an error comes up (-116).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lol^^ said:
So I followed this old guide (without really knowing whether it would work with mine) and now I'm stuck with the old IOS. How do I install IOS38rev14 again? I still have it in my SD Card but when I choose network install an error comes up (-116).
error -116 = no wifi on the wii
rolleyes.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
lol^^ said:
error -116 = no wifi on the wii
rolleyes.gif

Get the wad file it wants for a wad install from NUSD and put it on the root of your SD card. Then select WAD installation from the cIOS installer

lilzad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi can u reupload the (v1.1+IOS rev 9) file pack i keep getting this error when i try and download it "The file could not be found. Please check the download link."

Kenshin5435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has this been updated to support gamecube games yet? if not is anyone working on it? i know wiigator exists but i prefer USB loading to disc loading, thanks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kenshin5435 said:
Has this been updated to support gamecube games yet? if not is anyone working on it? i know wiigator exists but i prefer USB loading to disc loading, thanks!
Search please, this has been answered 10000000000000000000000000000000000 times

NO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-