Tutorial  Updated

Play with your Gamecube Controller in your 3DS (without hardmod)

Note: You can use any controller, but this tutorial will only describe the steps to do it with a gamecube controller + official gamecube controller adapter. Anyway, only the first step is related with the controller. The other steps are the same for every controller.

Special thanks to Stary2001 and @KazoWAR for this awesome tool.

Requirements:
Recomended:
Steps:
1. Install the driver of the Official gamecube controller adapter in your pc (there's a lot of tutorials on the internet, so please google) and run it.
2. Configure Xpadder (It's pretty easy with a noob-proof GUI). Remember the keys you choose for each button.

Now you have to choose an option

NTR CFW (recommended - better compatibility )
3. In your 3DS install InputRedirectionNTR.cia.
4. Run NTR CFW, press X+Y and select "Enable Debugger"
5. Run the installed CIA.

Homebrew Launcher (not recommended - worse compatibility)
3. In your 3DS install InputProc.cia and put the 3ds folder in the root of your sd card In
4. Run The Homebrew Launcher and launch input_loader.
5. Press start and then x to return to the home menu

6. Now in your PC, go to the PC Client and open InputRedirection NTR.exe (InputRedirection .exe if you chose the HBL option)
7. Press F1 to set your 3DS IP address (use wireless network watcher or ftpbrony to know it) and then ESC
8. Press F2 to set the key for each button of your 3ds (you can use Xpadder to remember what keys you used for the gamecube controller). To do it, first you have to press the pre-selected key, and then press the new key for each button. Once you're ready press ESC.
9. Test the controls (also, you can press F4 to show debug information).
10. Enjoy

Proof:

Last edited by Intronaut,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't get this to work with NTRViewer... I'm also unable to try the Homebrew method because the link is down... Any help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone have a mirror for the files that are suppose to be at this link? https://github.com/Kazo/InputRedirection/releases/tag/master-build
check out my how to use ntr streamer + input redirect the proper way tutorial, it shows how to run them both at the same time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can not get this to work with Pokémon Moon past the save select screen.
you wont ever, this does not work with extended memory games

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not get this to work with Pokémon Moon past the save select screen.
You need the internet on. Sun/Moon turns off internet unless in festival plaza.
you wont ever, this does not work with extended memory games
No it works in Sun/Moon. They said past the title screen implying that they have a new3ds which works with Sun/Moon. What is happening is the game is disabling wifi.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

No it works in Sun/Moon. They said past the title screen implying that they have a new3ds which works with Sun/Moon. What is happening is the game is disabling wifi.
you're not able play the main game with input redirection, going to festi plaza and connecting and getting back to the game will result in losing connection again, so you're not able to play the game with input redirection >.>

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

Yes but you were implying that it doesn't work period because it is a high memory mode game.
Also you can get passed that with http://gbatemp.net/threads/sciresms-sun-moon-patches.449171/page-6#post-6874806

Of course it is a new 3DS, I got it day one. :-P

I will have to try the patches later, I do find it strange that NFC would mess with the internet beyond what the NTR patch would prevent. (Which from what I understand just nops the wifi deinit code)

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
the input client was made using MonoGame, its a game engine based on the old XNA from Microsoft and it only support xinput. It was a quick way to get controller support. I tried messing with some controller input libraries in a standard winform application but I was having a hard time figuring it out.

any news on updated xinput support for xbox one controllers?
@Stary2001 @KazoWAR

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew version of the input redirector is down, can anyone provide me with another link please?

My 3DS isnt compatible with the NTR CFW

Last edited by 2pado,

chalexthegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: You can use any controller, but this tutorial will only describe the steps to do it with a gamecube controller + official gamecube controller adapter. Anyway, only the first step is related with the controller. The other steps are the same for every controller.

Special thanks to Stary2001 and @KazoWAR for this awesome tool.

Requirements:
Recomended:
Steps:
1. Install the driver of the Official gamecube controller adapter in your pc (there's a lot of tutorials on the internet, so please google) and run it.
2. Configure Xpadder (It's pretty easy with a noob-proof GUI). Remember the keys you choose for each button.

Now you have to choose an option

NTR CFW (recommended - better compatibility )
3. In your 3DS install InputRedirectionNTR.cia.
4. Run NTR CFW, press X+Y and select "Enable Debugger"
5. Run the installed CIA.

Homebrew Launcher (not recommended - worse compatibility)
3. In your 3DS install InputProc.cia and put the 3ds folder in the root of your sd card In
4. Run The Homebrew Launcher and launch input_loader.
5. Press start and then x to return to the home menu

6. Now in your PC, go to the PC Client and open InputRedirection NTR.exe (InputRedirection .exe if you chose the HBL option)
7. Press F1 to set your 3DS IP address (use wireless network watcher or ftpbrony to know it) and then ESC
8. Press F2 to set the key for each button of your 3ds (you can use Xpadder to remember what keys you used for the gamecube controller). To do it, first you have to press the pre-selected key, and then press the new key for each button. Once you're ready press ESC.
9. Test the controls (also, you can press F4 to show debug information).
10. Enjoy

Proof:

is there a mirror download to the homebrew input direction? the one currently up doesnt work

Koveryl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working with keyboard controls, and I got XPadder working with every other game that supports XInput. But I can't get XPadder to connect to the program. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-