Moving eShop Content From emuNAND to sysNAND

-PLEASE NOTE THIS /WILL/ REQUIRE FLASHING A MODIFIED NAND BACKUP TO YOUR CONSOLE. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR MODIFIED NAND BACKUP WORKS IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO AVOID A BRICKED CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!
-AFAIK, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH ESHOP CONTENT DOWNLOADED ON THAT CONSOLE. NO YOUR DOWNLOADED CIA'S WILL NOT WORK IN SYSNAND WITH THIS METHOD.
-MYSELF/GBATEMP ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR CONSOLE DOING THIS. (As long as you test your modified NAND backup inside of emuNAND before flashing it, you should be fine.)

Shoutouts to cearp and liomajor for helping me with this.

Requirements:

-4.x Console (9.x downgraded to 4.x will work. It's just to get XORPads. You /can/ modify your 9.x backup if you wish to restore back to 9.x with your eShop content).
-LINKED emuNAND and sysNAND (If you've system transferred from another console to your current emuNAND, this will also work. Adding moving the file "movable.sed" makes this possible).
-emuNAND with wanted eShop content downloaded and installed
-Backup of sysNAND that you want to move eShop content to
-Backup of emuNAND with eShop content (you will be overwriting this emuNAND to test your modified sysNAND before flashing it to your console. You can always write it back with emuNANDTool)
-File pack located below
-Hex Workshop

Guide:
Step 1: Make a backup of the sysNAND you want to add eShop content to. Store this somewhere safe.
Step 2: Make sure your emuNAND has the eShop content you want moved. Back this up with emuNANDTool. Store it somewhere safe.
Step 3: Copy the TOSD folder to your 3DS' BIG SD card.
Step 4: Install the DS Profile Exploit if needed. Follow the usual steps to get into 3DS_Multi_Decryptor.
Step 5: Choose the "NAND FAT16 XORPAD" Option
Step 6: Let the process finish, then power off your console
Step 7: Copy the newly created nand.fat16.xorpad file to your working directory.
Step 8: COPY your EMUNAND WITH ESHOP CONTENT to your working directory.
Step 9: Rename the previously mentioned emuNAND backup to emuNAND.bin.
Step 10: Drag the "emuNAND.bin" onto "dragNandDumpForFat16.bat"
Step 11: Let the process finish
Step 12: Double click "decrypt.bat". If you haven't renamed any files, this should spit out a file named emuNAND.bin.out
Step 13: Open up emuNAND.fat16.bin.out inside of WinImage.
Step 14: Navigate to the "dbs" folder.
Step 15: Copy the ticket.db file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 16 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Go back to the root of your emuNAND in WinImage. Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the movable.sed file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 17: Close winimage. Move "emuNAND.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to a backup folder, just in case.
Step 18: Copy the SYSNAND IMAGE YOU WANT TO MODIFY to your working directory. Rename this to emuNAND.bin. Follow steps 9-13 to get this image open in WinImage.
Step 19: Navigate to the "dbs" folder. Copy the previously extracted ticket.db to that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 20 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the previously extracted "movable.sed" into that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 21: Close WinImage.
Step 21.5: Rename "emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to "test.bin"
Step 22: Open a command prompt window, CD to your working directory
Step 23: Paste the following command into the prompt "padxorer.exe test.bin nand.fat16.xorpad". Let the process finish.
Step 24: Open up "emuNAND.bin" and "test.bin.out" inside of Hex Workshop. Shrink the bar with '0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D..." so your workspace looks like this in BOTH FILES: http://i.imgur.com/kZOUWa0.png
Step 25: Go to your "emuNAND.bin" tab, and press CTRL+G to open the "goto" prompt
Step 25: Make sure the offset is "Hex", "From Where" is "Beginning of File", and paste "B930000" in the Offset box. Click ok
Step 26: Go to test.bin.out, Press CTRL+A to highlight everything and CTRL+C to copy all the data.
Step 27: Go back to emuNAND.bin, Highlight everything from the B930000 offset to the bottom of the file. Press CTRL+V to overwrite it with the content of test.bin.out.
Step 28: Inject the newly modified emuNAND.bin to your emuNAND. (If you did the System Transfer steps, it will take you to the 3DS' setup screen. Follow the steps.)
VERIFY THAT THIS BOOTS PROPERLY IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO YOUR SYSNAND. IF IT DOESN'T, START THE PROCESS OVER AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DID THE STEPS IN HEX WORKSHOP PROPERLY.
Step 29: Double check that all your eShop content is showing up properly in the newly modified emuNAND.
Step 30: Power off your 3DS. Copy the newly modified emuNAND to your 3DS' BIG SD Card. Rename the file to NAND.bin.
Step 31: Boot into the GW menu holding "L". Scroll over to the "Downgrade Console" option, and select it while holding "up". Let the process finish and reboot your console.
Step 33: Pop your 3DS' big SD card back in your computer. Restore your ORIGINAL EMUNAND backup you made earlier.
Step 34: Congratulations! You should now have your emuNAND eShop content on sysNAND!

Attachments

• eShopMovingTools.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,475

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ,
When i want to restore the modified nand it's say me Nand.Bin error. Press A to try again , B to exit.
But the emunand works perfectly ! I dont understand.
Someone to help me ?

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ,
When i want to restore the modified nand it's say me Nand.Bin error. Press A to try again , B to exit.
But the emunand works perfectly ! I dont understand.
Someone to help me ?

I had the same problem. It seems like the only way to get transferring from a system transfer emuNAND to work is running the system set up in emuNAND, I don't think the guide mentions it. The steps for someone who system transferred should be:

Step 28: Inject the newly modified emuNAND.bin to your emuNAND.
VERIFY THAT THIS BOOTS PROPERLY IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO YOUR SYSNAND. IF IT DOESN'T, START THE PROCESS OVER AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DID THE STEPS IN HEX WORKSHOP PROPERLY.
Step 29: (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): The 3DS will go to the system setup screen. Put in all the information you want your new sysNAND to have.
Step 30: Double check that all your eShop content is showing up properly in the newly modified emuNAND.
Step 31: (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Power off your 3DS. Extract the emuNAND you just did the system setup on. Use this in the next step.
Step 32: Power off your 3DS. Copy the newly modified emuNAND to your 3DS' BIG SD Card. Rename the file to NAND.bin. (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Reinstall the DS profile exploit if that's the exploit you're using.
Step 33: Boot into the GW menu holding "L". Scroll over to the "Downgrade Console" option, and select it while holding "up". Let the process finish and reboot your console.
Step 34: Pop your 3DS' big SD card back in your computer. Restore your ORIGINAL EMUNAND backup you made earlier.
Step 35: Congratulations! You should now have your emuNAND eShop content on sysNAND!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, so I've got a handful of game codes from the Club Nintendo program and a 4.5.0 3DS XL. If I create an MT-Card emuNAND, keep it linked to sysNAND, upgrade MTNand to 9.5 and use those codes on the eShop, I can download them onto the MTNand, and, with this tutorial, transfer them to the sysNAND? And even if someone accidentally updates the sysNAND, at least these legally obtained games will still work, yes?

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Right, so I've got a handful of game codes from the Club Nintendo program and a 4.5.0 3DS XL. If I create an MT-Card emuNAND, keep it linked to sysNAND, upgrade MTNand to 9.5 and use those codes on the eShop, I can download them onto the MTNand, and, with this tutorial, transfer them to the sysNAND? And even if someone accidentally updates the sysNAND, at least these legally obtained games will still work, yes?
That is correct!

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes ! I have already do this operation to restore my nand 9.2
But i don't know why it's doesn't work.

I have to do a Hardmod ?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't the hex workshop steps be done (more easily) with 3DSFAT16Tool?
EDIT: Yes it can.

Problem: I created a linked CFW, installed BigBlueMenu and Four Swords, copied Four Swords to the SD card, copied the ticket.db to sysNAND (as per this tutorial), flashed sysNAND, and then copied Four Swords to sysNAND. All it does in the home menu is flash a blank icon for a second, and in DSiWare management, I get a blank title with a question mark for an icon. What have I done wrong?

Reactions: Margen67

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't the hex workshop steps be done (more easily) with 3DSFAT16Tool?
EDIT: Yes it can.

Problem: I created a linked CFW, installed BigBlueMenu and Four Swords, copied Four Swords to the SD card, copied the ticket.db to sysNAND (as per this tutorial), flashed sysNAND, and then copied Four Swords to sysNAND. All it does in the home menu is flash a blank icon for a second, and in DSiWare management, I get a blank title with a question mark for an icon. What have I done wrong?
I hope you're not expecting to run anything on sysnand without owning it (having a legitimate ticket).

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should the changed emuNAND.bin from step 27 be a different size than the original? All of my backups are the same size, just want to make sure I have this right before I go any further.
sonic2756

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Should the changed emuNAND.bin from step 27 be a different size than the original? All of my backups are the same size, just want to make sure I have this right before I go any further.
sonic2756

Should be the same. Just make sure you test in emuNAND before flashing!

Reactions: Margen67

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you're not expecting to run anything on sysnand without owning it (having a legitimate ticket).

I've dumped Four Swords and Inchworm Animation myself via FunkyCIA. My emuNAND is not linked, and I don't want to move the movable.sed.
I don't undestand why it shouldn't work with CFW.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've dumped Four Swords and Inchworm Animation myself via FunkyCIA. My emuNAND is not linked, and I don't want to move the movable.sed.
I don't undestand why it shouldn't work with CFW.
And that's all you get from an 'unlinked' emunand: a different SD encryption.

Of course you won't be able to go on the sysnand and use anything created on the emunand.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should be the same. Just make sure you test in emuNAND before flashing!

It's not the same size, but my emuNAND booted perfectly, the new NAND is about 10MB smaller than the old one.

Does anyone have their files that they can compare for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.