Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HikariShinso

HikariShinso Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Where is that? I think we are looking at two different guides. The guide I'm looking at ends at section VI(6)
    I'd also prefer a link to that guide because I need to download all the necessary files.

Last edited by HikariShinso, Apr 27, 2016
  2. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Ohh sorry. I thought you were using this guide (the one we're currently on).

3. HikariShinso

HikariShinso Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @samiam144
    I have assumed that you mistook section VI(6) with VII(7) (I'm getting really excited that I'm almost done). This will probably be my last question: Section VI part 6 of this guide, "https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Luma3DS)": "Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings", Is it telling my to do the normal system update to the latest version available right now? Is it safe?

Also, Part 7 of the same section: "Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)". Will the system update cause the image to change to FBI? (This last part seems much more vague than the other parts, in other parts they included: "Go back to the "Example" menu" as a separate step, while part 7 never actually says to do that. Just the way it seems to me.)

P.S. TBH, did he or she really need to word it like that if it is just a normal system update?

Last edited by HikariShinso, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Faridzudin

Faridzudin Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Hi im totally new here..

Can i ask something?
    I already install the rxtools and played the games perfectly. I play mh4u a lot and thinking to play multiplayer. But to go online i need to update the games first. When i want to update the games itself, it told me to system update for 3ds xl under setting. Is it safe to do system update? Will it interfere with rxtools or anything?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

5. Just Passing By

United States
    If you've followed this guide, you should've unlinked your nands, so all you have to do is go into emunand, go into system settings, and update. DO NOT UPDATE IN SYSNAND!

It will not interfere with getting into emunand.

samiam144 likes this.
  6. Faridzudin

Faridzudin Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Omg thanks a lot for the fast reply.. Definitely will going to try this soon.

7. Just Passing By

United States
    Lol no problem. It should go with no problems encountered.

8. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    That is unusual, it should detect your EmuNAND. If CakesFW detects your EmuNAND just fine then I suggest you stick with it.
    But yes, you can do Section 4 (CIA injection) for your EmuNAND as well since you already created it, and you should be able to see the injected CIA when you launch Cakes.
    So the issue could be that the other rxTools builds don't work for you.. it's weird because rxTools 2.5.2 usually works for everyone :/ But rxTools 2.6 does not have Devmode/Pastamode, which you need if you want to update to 9.2.
    To answer your question: yes, as long as you make a SysNAND, EmuNAND, and SD card backup.
    Actually, the guide has changed since then, so I'm not sure exactly what I was referring to! But looking at Part 5 as it is now, you don't have to do Section 4 and 5, since you don't have a redNAND.
    And no problem, really :D
    Yes, the guide does mean to update your SysNAND, since one of the benefits of arm9loaderhax is that you have complete CFW patching from the moment you boot your 3DS; you are almost 100% protected from losing your "hax". However, be sure that you actually installed arm9loaderhax before you update your system! one of the ways to test if arm9loaderhax is installed is this: turn off your 3DS, remove the SD card, then turn on your 3DS. If your 3DS does not boot when your SD card isn't inserted, then you have properly installed arm9loaderhax. If your 3DS turns on even when the SD card isn't inserted, then you do not have arm9loaderhax installed, so you should not update your Sysnand.

And your question about FBI: I'm not sure, but you can always inject FBI again if you need to.

Last edited by samiam144, Apr 28, 2016
  9. HikariShinso

HikariShinso Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you have to use the same SD card that you used for the hacking process, or do you just have to have the necessary files on any SD card?
    (I used a 2GB SD card to hack the 3DS, and I was planning to use 16GB SD card after I had hacked it.)

10. Kay12345

Kay12345 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ok thx for the answers i will format it and start from the beginning after my exams. Will be back in a month. Cheers.

samiam144 likes this.
  11. HikariShinso

HikariShinso Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @samiam144
    I don't know what to do. I feel like I messed up.
    Section 6 part 7:
    Section VI - Finalising setup
    1. From EmuNAND Manager Options, make a backup of SysNAND to sysNAND.bin
    2. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
    3. Rename sysNAND.bin to sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin and copy it to a safe location on your computer; this is a SysNAND backup containing arm9loaderhax (Your backup should match one of the sizes on this page; if it does not, you should delete it and make a new one!)
    4. Delete sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin from your SD card
    5. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS then press Start to reboot
    6. Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings
    7. Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)
    8. Navigate to hblauncher_loader.cia and press A to install
    9. Exit with the home button
    10. Launch the HomeBrewLauncher from the home menu icon at least once to download the payload

My H&S does not have the FBI icon and is the normal H&S. Now you said if its not the FBI, I could always inject it again but I tried and it didn't work. The Url: "http://www.reboot.ms/3ds/load.html?rxTools.dat" doesn't load (could be the wrong site, but that's what I used last time to change H&S to FBI), and the only reason I can think of why is that I have updated my 3DS. The step telling you to update your 3DS is before the one telling you to use the H&S(FBI), and says "Open Health and Safety (which is now FBI)" which implies that the update should have changed it. It is now version 10.7.0 or something close to that. Do you have any ideas? or did I just ruin my chances at a hack-able 3DS.

12. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    You can use any card, but if you are planning to use emunand, then you'd need to transfer the emunand. Otherwise, you can simply move your SD card files and everything should work.
    Okay first to clarify, luma3DS is correctly working for you on your updated sysnand, yes? You can follow Section 4 of my tutorial and it will inject BigBlueMenu to your H&S app (but you can easily inject FBI instead if you want to). You may need to access Decrypt9 via arm9loaderhax though, since the browser exploit does not work on 10.7.

Edit: I just had another thought: I think the reason you don't have FBI anymore is because the guide instructs you to transfer your rednand into sysnand (which transfers FBI), but since you didn't do that step, you are left without FBI. In that case, you can restore your 9.2-a9lh backup, inject FBI, install FBI.CIA using the injected FBI, then update again.

Last edited by samiam144, Apr 28, 2016
  13. YukiroKun

YukiroKun Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello, I recently found out about rxTools and CIA Installer and I want to try it out. I have an Old 3DS which is in 10.5, I need to downgrade it to 4.X-9.2 before starting this process, correct? Also, I've a 8GB card, is it enough or do I need a bigger one?

14. Just Passing By

United States
    No downgrade it to 9.2 and then use this guide. And 8gb is enough, but if you're installing cias, it may be best to get 32gb or 64gb.

samiam144 likes this.
  15. HikariShinso

HikariShinso Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Its been a bit rocky and stressful, but its done. Its hacked and it works properly. Thank you so much for helping some random nobody like me. (FYI First game I played Fire Emblem Fates >.<)

16. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    As @Just Passing By said, you must downgrade first. Do Part 1 and Part 2 of this guide to downgrade. Then you can either continue that guide (it is riskier and harder but with more benefits), or come back to this guide to setup rxTools and EmuNAND.
    Congrats, hope you enjoy it!
    I should really get back to playing that game, haven't touched it since the first week it released in English lol

Just Passing By likes this.
  17. Dyuui

Dyuui Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I CANT OPEN DEV MODE, it stays in a black screen, my 3ds is on 5.1 and i am trying to upgrade it to 9.2 im using rxtools 2.5.2

18. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Hmm that's unfortunate. You can try the rxTools version (3.0 beta 2) that is included in the 3DSCFWKIT; it has "Pasta Mode" which is the same as Devmode. If that doesn't work, you can try rxTools 2.5.1 or 2.5.

19. Dyuui

Dyuui Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    how can i use rxtools 3.0 ? it does not have the rxtools.dat file, i was using this guide to upgrade to 9.2 i tryed using 2.5 and 2.51 and still the same problem https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
    edit1 tryed rxtools 3.0 but didnt work, it was giving an error

Last edited by Dyuui, May 1, 2016
  20. SuperTails327

SuperTails327 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi. So when I enter rxMode emuNAND, the .cia installer doesn't show up. I updated emuNAND before installing any .cia on it. Can I fix that problem or not?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.