Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hudhair

hudhair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    To see a new image when I bootup, I just have to replace the "menuhax_imagedisplay.bin" with whatever I want?

2. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    1. No, you don't need a flashcard.
    2. Then you have the same issue as some other users. Either you stick with 2.6, or use 2.5.2 and start from Section 3 (inside the quote, there are specific instructions), and from there you can do a firmware upgrade to 9.2. Make a NAND backup first if you haven't already.
    Yes that's correct.

hudhair likes this.
  3. hudhair

United States
    Thank You!

samiam144 likes this.
  4. Firekitty

Firekitty Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ignore me. I should learn to read the entire guide before asking questions XD

Last edited by Firekitty, Feb 10, 2016
  5. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    And I had no time yesterday, so don't worry lol.
    This seems really comfortable! Thanks a lot, dude!!!

But, a final question: how do I change the button configuration, if I will ever to? Although I don't think I'll try, too scared of ruining something.

6. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    No problem. In the HBL, run "Menuhax Manager", then you will see an option to configure the trigger buttons.

7. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Wow, cool! And very simple. Thanks a lot samiam! After many tries, I managed to get everything right. I can't thank you enough!

samiam144 likes this.
  8. princey

princey Member
    Newcomer

Thanks. I had already created a nand.bin file before. will that be fine to use?

I hit a issue with the emunand tool. said error parameter87 so I launched the decrypt.file and went into emunand options and clicked back up emunand. it creating a emunand.bin file.

Is this fine? will I be able to inject this???

When I did the tinyformat thing. I hit a roadblock kinda as well. I had dbs in my SD root and I had dbs already in one of the random number folders. The other one had some ext folder and like 5 random files in it, so got quite confused there, not sure where to paste the DBS folder, since I had one on my SD root and one in the random number one.

edit. Should I paste the DBS file here?

here a screenshot
    [​IMG]

Last edited by princey, Feb 10, 2016
  9. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Ok, thx a lot samiam and the other members in here. Finally, i can play Inazuma Eleven again :D

samiam144 likes this.
  10. hudhair

United States
    So something weird happened when I followed step 4b. Everything worked out fine but when I created emunand and formatted sysnand, there was no devmenu in emunand. Wasn't the whole point to have devmenu installed in emunand? I ended up with no cia installer.

11. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

You can install FBI cia on sysnand and then, clone sysnand to emunand.
    Or if you emunand is on 9.2, you could try running FBI.3dsx from emunand to install the FBI.cia or devmenu or whatever.

hudhair likes this.
  12. hudhair

United States
    Thanks!

13. princey

princey Member
    Newcomer

OK guys, I'm really scared here.

I got version 5.1 sysnand and I got a updated emunand with devmenu. I want to play monster hunter 4 but it says I need sysnand 8.1 on it. Anyway I want to coldboot into emunand but I'm not too sure how to use sysupdater? I have rxtools 2.5.6 but no dev mode or injection option aside from health and safety app?

What exactly should i be doing here. I'm bit confused. Some how I bigbluemenu on my sysnand now but when I click it it doesnt open of course it just crashes saying error.

I'm abit confused here. People are talking about palatine/pasta etc. I got the CIA 9.2 EURO file from the ISO site. I installed the injection CIA AND sysupdater to emunand but i think if i do it in the emunand it going to brick the emunand version right? cause you can't use the sysupdater from emunand right?

Lastly I'm not i unlinked them because I never got corrupted message when I went to the setting part. I have like 5 files in the previous picture when I click extdata there another folder then another folder and 5 files in it with random numbers.

pic what i'm talking about.
    [​IMG]

14. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Check the quote for my replies!

15. princey

princey Member
    Newcomer

Hi, I have dbs in both weird number files now.
    Yes the site I went onm said that i needed the 8.1 version but i kinda realised that my emunand is updated fully lol so I can play it.

So the last question is this. How do I get a cold boot going. Using rxtools 2.6 at the moment. On sysnand 5.1. Guessing I want to upgrade to sysnand 9.2? so I can use dx tools 3.0.

My issue is that, there isn't a inject option for the sysnand so I have no idea how I am meant to get the sysupdater injected into the sysnand so I can update it :/

I read a couple guides but everything kinda doesn't make sense and I thought I ask you guys since this is the sysnand here and I don't really wanna mess with it without knowing what exactly to do.

It my little brother 3ds and if I brick it I have to buy a new one lol.

16. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Okay so, if you already did Section 6 (unlinking nands), then you will have to do Section 4 again (a or b, whichever). This will install a CIA installer to Sysnand again.
    Once you have a CIA installer in Sysnand, what you will do is go to Section 3, and inside the quote you will find the instructions for how to set up rxtools 2.5.2. Once you confirm that you have 2.5.2 working, go to the section "How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2" and follow ALL the instructions very carefully. It will tell you how to get the 9.2 files, how to install sysupdater, and how to use it. Finally, once your Sysnand is updated to 9.2, go to the section "Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax" and do all the steps.

17. princey

princey Member
    Newcomer

Ah ok. So that what the bigblueboxapp is. I thought I messed up somehow but then the issue is actually different.

Ok the issue for me when I click Title Manager bigbluebox It tells me an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, then restart your system. and when I try go to go.gateway-3ds.com link. It also doesn't work. Both give me the same error "It tells me an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, then restart your system."

Also abit offtopic I booted DS and went into data management software and it said no software and showed me how many remaining blocks in the SD card I had on the top screen but there a DB file in both random number files but I didn't put the second one there??? is the emunand and the sysnand still linked? How can I know if they are both linked?

:/ sorry if i'm starting to annoy you. I tried replacing all the files related to the gateway part. Still no luck.

I was actually using rxtools 2.6

18. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    You have to be in RXMode or devmode to use Bigbluemenu, regular Sysnand won't run it.

For the gateway URL issue, just clear cookies and history, or clear all save-data for the browser. You may have to do this multiple times before the URL works again.

Sounds like your nands are unlinked, otherwise you would be able to see your games in Sysnand's Software menu and in the Home menu as well. If you go into emunand and then Data Management->Software then you will see your games are installed there. If you don't then you messed up somewhere!

19. princey

princey Member
    Newcomer

hmm I see. rxmode works and it seems my sysnand and emunand are unlinked.

That good news. I guess I don't really need to do anything now. No point really updating from firmware 5.1 since I got the emunand updated right.
    l.

Last edited by princey, Feb 11, 2016
  20. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    If you have no desire for autoboot then I agree, no need to go messing around when everything now works as it should :P

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.