OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    No problem, enjoy :D

xXAFemaleXx likes this.
  2. Oris

Oris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I keep getting an issue when trying to install DevMenu. It keeps coming up with this:

Install Failed!
    DevMenu_2x.cia
    Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
    Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
    Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
    Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
    Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)
    Press Start to continue.

Any ideas? :/

3. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Which Section and step are you on?

4. Oris

Oris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was on Section 4b and step 5 of the HBL method. I decided to try something different and it seems to have worked by doing Section 4a. I'm in the emuNAND creation process now, hopefully no more hiccups. I've been through a lot of dead ends and misdirection trying to get this working...

5. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Based on responses here it seems most people have trouble with Section 4 (setting up a CIA installer) and Section 7 (Updating EmuNAND; some people get black screens after doing this). If you get a black screen in Section 7, it can be really annoying to get things back to how it should be. I recommend backing up your EmuNAND before doing section 7. In fact, I'll add the steps in there now, so be sure to check that out before continuing.

6. Oris

Oris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh, thanks for letting me know that ahead of time. I actually had an SD card ready for Gateway for 10.4 for my N3DS, but needed to format it to Fat32 to get this to work since the only other good size cards I have are being used. I've already got 2 different backups of what was on the SD card before setting up to create the emuNAND. I'll have an emuNAND backup folder ready to go too.

7. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Alright, it took a bit longer (made some tiny edits as well) but Section 7 should be ready to go! Good luck :)

8. nitr0us

nitr0us Member
    Newcomer

Hey guys I successfully followed all 8 steps but have an issue with booting RxTools using menuhax. I basically follow the 'Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!' and whenever I rename the boot file to auto I get a black screen. Any help? Also to mention I somehow have 2 versions of ropbinpayload folders but even renaming the file still doesnt make a difference.

9. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    The other ropbinpayload file could be from another entrypoint (HBL CIA maybe?).
    Are you sure you are only changing it to say "auto.3dsx" instead of "boot.3dsx"? There are two locations in the file that need to be changed. Also, make sure you have the "auto.3dsx' file on your sd card.

10. nitr0us

nitr0us Member
    Newcomer

Yeah but I've used just notepad from Windows to alter it. Does it make a difference if I use HxD or Notepad++?

11. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    I think it doesn't hurt to try, friend :) I think HxD is included in the CFW Kit, in the PC APPS folder.

12. nitr0us

nitr0us Member
    Newcomer

Worked like a charm! Aha should have trusted my instinct in the first place! Thank you!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just realised you are OP. Just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart! I loved your tutorial, now time for some CIAs ;)

samiam144 likes this.
  13. Oris

Oris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm... I start up menuhax and get to the settings, but it won't let me get back to my home menu, it just keeps infinite looping me to menuhax. Did I mess up a config somewhere? I should have it set to boot me into menuhax unless I hold B. Holding L or R do absolutely nothing, and holding B still sends me to menuhax. lol

Edit (5 minutes after posting this): Oh, hang on. I think it might be cooperating now. Let's see here. See if I can update this emuNAND now.

Last edited by Oris, Feb 8, 2016
  14. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I have an issue with menuhax... It works fine in everything, but if I try to load sysNAND from RxTools, the bottom screen flashes white and behaves like I have just booted the console. With the exception that, after all those colors, it freezes in a black screen.

How can I make RXsysNAND work through the RxMenu?

EDIT: I can't boot patched sysNAND from nowhere, neither from Pasta or MiniPasta. They just boot into emuNAND.

Last edited by ander, Feb 8, 2016
  15. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Australia
    Have you tried holding down the button you have assigned to not make menuhax load?

16. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Of course, but I mean the patched sysNAND. The unpatched one works fine.

17. Baccabechoppin

Australia
    Well that gets the job done for me when I run MiniPasta, I know you can't run sysNAND from emuNAND (At least I think you can't) So if you're trying that then it probably won't work, if it's none of the above then I got nothing.

18. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Aw... There is no solution, then? I don't think menuhax would do that, it would be stupid.

EDIT: No, I am stupid lol. After booting RX-S, I must press a button before the white screen. Sorry man.
    Thanks a lot ^^

Last edited by ander, Feb 8, 2016
  19. Baccabechoppin

Australia
    All good dude, we all make mistakes, glad you got it working!

20. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Although it's a bit tricky... At least, not so immediate. It would have been much easier if RX-S worked without holding buttons :P

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.