Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXAFemaleXx

xXAFemaleXx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hii ehmm I struggle with this and don't know how to solve it..

I have 2 games installed for now and ''homebrew launcher'', ''fbi'' and ''devmenu''.

Everytime I put something (It doesn't matter) in a map..that works.. but when I turn off my system and turn it on again all the things aren't in the map anymore :0 what is wrong, is anyone having this same issue and does he know how to fix it?

Hope someone can help please...

Last edited by xXAFemaleXx, Feb 6, 2016
  2. Durig

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Bolivia
    another 3ds xl got rxool thx for this guide
    never tired to thx
    samiam144

samiam144 likes this.
  3. lettuce

lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

is it safe to update to the latest firmware through system update in emuNAND mode?

Also is there any tips on increasing the success rate of booting RXTools on o3ds xl system? I have both a o3dsxl and n3dsxl and Rei on n3dsxl boots flawlessly all the time (well 99% of the time), yet Rxtool seems to have a 50/50 success rate!?

Last edited by lettuce, Feb 6, 2016
  4. xXAFemaleXx

xXAFemaleXx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hii i did the system update and it works perfect no error or something, but make sure when you go to system settings it is on: ''RX-E'' or another region ''RX-U'' (i think) stays next on the left side from your firmware. And do not go back from system settings if you do so, you are not on RX mode anymore when you turn back only update if you can see you are on rx mode! :) hope this is a good explanation :shy: Correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited by xXAFemaleXx, Feb 6, 2016
  5. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    You have to be in Emunand to see all your stuff. When you turn on your 3DS, you aren't in custom firmware, and so you can't run anything. Plus, since you unlinked your nands, you can't see all the stuff you installed in the home menu unless you boot Emunand. If you install Menuhax, you can set your 3DS to boot to Emunand automatically. This is not a bug, it is how it works, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
    Yes it's safe, and it is even safer if you make a habit to backup Emunand before updating, just in case something goes wrong and you can't boot Emunand.

@secousa you da man, I will add your solution to the FAQ!!

N64 likes this.
  6. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Trying to restore but this came
    http://imgur.com/D9WQ6uj

Also i'm still stuck on section 6. According to this :
    " Lastly, boot up your 3DS/2DS and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset or repair your software management information or sd card, so allow it to do so. "
    There is no reset or repair. What should i do?

7. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    For your first issue, you can also use EmuNAND Tool to inject your nand.bin to Emunand.

Since you only have one ID folder, it seems your nands are still linked, therefore the 3ds won't need to repair your software management.

8. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Ok i will try to inject it using tool.

But i already have two ID folder. Is this correct? http://imgur.com/1TT9NiX

Also when i try to boot my 3DS. My 3DS will always ask to input date n time & new profile. Is this safe to input a new profile? Because of that i cannot go to home menu anymore.

9. ariss

ariss Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When I start rxTools it says

Installation Failed
    Press any key to continue

help pls

also it says Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4
    Reboot rxTools and try again.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is no UniversalInjectGenerator only HxD

Last edited by ariss, Feb 6, 2016
  10. xXAFemaleXx

xXAFemaleXx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you for answering me :) Ohhh but when I turn on my 3ds I can see the stuff like homebrewlauncher as icon but can't open it. (Only animal crossing new leaf idk how) .:O In EmuNAND (that's when you are in RX-E10.5 right?) i can open everything flawlessy indeed ^_^. But the most irritating struggle is when I put ehmm i say homemenulauncher in a map just to organise.... it doesn't care if I do that in SysNAND or emuNAND and then I turn off my system and turn it on again... I see that the map is completely empty, can I organise my apps with another thing ? The map function on Homemenu doesnt work for me in SysNAND neither in EmuNAND :ohnoes::(

11. LordZackouille

Newcomer

France
    Hello guys it's been maybe 10h I try to do that.
    I did every steps to install that but I have some problem. I turn on my 3DS, I have the purple menu with rXtools / PastaCFW / HBMenu / more_ , I let the count and my 3DS launch rxTools , after that I just have a black screen , I can just turn off. What should I do please ? http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/148207neeee.jpg (It's my SD card maybe you'll need it?)

12. Durig

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Bolivia
    as solution that help me on one of 3ds : try to update your rxtools

13. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Help, a thing. I installed the CIA of the HB in emuNAND, but then couldn't open it anymore at all (from application nor from Cubic Ninja). I tried to remove the CIA through System Settings, but CN still doesn't boot HB. How do I fix?

14. LordZackouille

Newcomer

France
    I already did that many times, it doesn't work.

15. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    Yes that is correct.
    You have to put your data and time and new profile. We formatted your sysnand so it's normal that you have to do the 3DS initial setup again. Everything is still in EmuNAND though.
    Something could be wrong with your firmware, did you ever do a downgrade? You can also try another rxTools build (instructions are in the OP).
    If you can't see it, you can get the Universal Inject Generator here.
    Yes, everything you mentioned is normal behavior if your nands are still linked. Do Section 6 properly and you shouldn't have any problems.
    SD card seems okay. Can you try holding L while rxTools is loading? You should be able to get into the rxTools menu. From there, you can access RXMODE -> EmuNAND manually. If it still doesn't work then look at the tutorial F.A.Q. in the first post for solutions on black screens in EmuNAND.
    HBL cia needs WiFi, so keep that in mind (you can hold Y to let it download something to your SD so it doesn't need wifi all the time). For Cubic Ninja, just delete your Cubic Ninja save and rescan the QR code for 10.5.

16. ariss

ariss Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks but I managed to find a video tutorial which was very helpful for me. Doing your tutorial was like tying both my hands behind my back :P. The good thing is that I did manage to get rxTools and emuNAND working

samiam144 likes this.
  17. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Ok thx. Already on section 7. I'm on Emunand but my fw is RX-S 9.0.0-20U. Is it safe to update? Because on the frontpage only mention these two : RX-E or RX3D.

Also, if i update it, my FW will be on 10.5 right? How much space do you need to upgrade the FW from 9 to 10.5?

18. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    RX-S is Sysnand, don't update that. Only update if you see "RX-E" or "RX3D", which is Emunand.
    Yes, your EMUNAND will be on 10.5, and your SYSNAND will still be on 9.0. No extra space will be taken to upgrade your EmuNAND.

19. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Ok, my mistake.
    Also if i already update, can i play any EU game? My 3DS is US version.

20. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Done that... I now can't access it from sysNAND anymore.
    I'd like to have it work again from BOTH sysNAND and emuNAND by Cubic Ninja. Just like before messing around with that CIA.

Last edited by ander, Feb 7, 2016

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.