Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I haven't used TinyFormat yet (this time I'll WAIT and be PATIENT).
    So, I should:
    - Use TinyFormat on sysNAND and format it
    - Do all the final shit (piace the dbs folder and update emuNAND)
    - Assuming I get that black screen of death, format the SD and then restore the backup done before the creation of emuNAND (but I don't know what the "format through 3DS" step means...)
    - Run emuNAND again and re-update it.

Correct? Or I miss something?
    I won't mess around and wait your answer this time lol.

P.s.: I'd prefer not to update RxTools. The new build is SOOOOOO slow.

Last edited by ander, Feb 5, 2016
  2. xXAFemaleXx

xXAFemaleXx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi ^_^ one more thing, it's more a irritating issue, everytime I change from sysNAND to emyNAND my maps and stuff get messy and everything Is out the map.. dont know how to fix this, or is this normal?

Edit: I need to install aps to emunand right? beceause if I install a game it stays on 9.2.0 (but cant open anything) and when I load rxtools to 10.5 it is on that one too.. s better explanation: Everything I install is on my 9.2.0 and on my 10.5.0 version, or is that normal? and when I put my apps and games in the maps I made, and I go to RX-E10.5 all of it is out of the map.. dont knowhow to explain this right..( Does the maps dont work?)

And my CUBIC NINJA game is acting weird on the 10.5 version it says ''welcome to the internet browser'' and froze..
    When I install something with FBI it says to sd card, is that correct to do? or should i choose NAND?
    And my sd card memory is already full can I pick a new sd card and copy all of the foldersin that one to play with the new sd card?

Last edited by xXAFemaleXx, Feb 10, 2016
  3. errork

errork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So to start from scratch I just need to format my SD? No need to format the 3ds or something else? Also, if I want to try rxtools 2.6 do I just need to put it in the sd card? Thanks for the help!

4. xXAFemaleXx

xXAFemaleXx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Sorry again for so much trouble on this thread... but I have a problem here..

I have not a lot of gigabyte left on my first sd card, can I just copy some files to another formatted sd card and add cia files to it to install or does is need a EMANAND9SD steps too?
    I want to use a new sd card but need to run rxtools 10.5 too, is that possible?

I can use FBI on 9.2.0-20E only with the cubic ninja app not on the homemenu, these apps doesnt work.

But when I load RXTools with the browser and do nothing it automatically goes to the Home menu with the RX-E10.5.0 version, I can open the apps only now only on this version. Is that normal that you first need to go into rxtools from browser to get RX-E10.5 and can open the cia's? or did I something wrong before?

5. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Does rxtools on O3DS support 10.5 (latest) emunand if i press update in settings? Thanks

6. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Ok, I couldn't wait... I have formatted sysNAND and updated emuNAND, and now have that black screen after preparing home menu. What do I do now?

Last edited by ander, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Iryu

Iryu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi! Guys I need some help here.. When Im creating a dump file for Sysnand its always saying
    Could not create NAND.bin!
    Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin: failed!

How can I get through this?

8. LuigiXL

How big is your SD? Try and use another SD card, or reformat that one and start over.

9. Iryu

Iryu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I do Only have 4gb memory card x.x with nothing inside except for the hacking files (its only 344MB)

10. snappycg1996

snappycg1996 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you haven't fixed it yet already, the problem is your save data management. Go into settings and software management and let it repair itself.

Yes it works. I'm running it on mine now playing MK7 online. ☺

Last edited by snappycg1996, Feb 5, 2016
    LuigiXL likes this.
  11. errork

errork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've managed to restore my sd card backup, did everything until section 6, unlinked my nands and now I want to put a cia installer on the sysnand, do I need to redo the entire section 4a including injecting the health and safety part?

12. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    remove menuhax from emunand.

13. Iryu

Iryu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do anyone have answer to my question?

14. LuigiXL

Try formatting your SD, 4GB is big enough. It just sounds like it cant write to it for some reason.

15. Durig

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Bolivia
    copy all content from sd to pc.
    run SDFormatter and format your sd with options:
    Format type: FULL (overwrite), format size adjusment: ON
    then copy your sd content back from pc to sd and try again to create nand.bin

LuigiXL, samiam144 and Iryu like this.
  16. Iryu

Iryu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If I can kiss you right now I will frigging kiss you. THANKS A LOT DUDE IT WORKED! :D

17. Vullurian

Vullurian Member
    Newcomer

So everything was going fine but after i unlinked my nands black boxes appeared on my sys and emuNAND but i ignored them and updated my emuNAND like the guide said. After i booted it using rxtools like usual the black boxes dissapeared ( and devmenu ) and when i tried to launch BBM it gave me that "an error has occured" error telling me to reboot. What am i doing wrong?

18. errork

errork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Someone please... I just need to know this to be able to proceed.

19. Durig

Durig OMGWTFBBQ

Bolivia
    if you dont have cia installer then yes. you do.
    why o you want put cia installer to sysnand?
    better put it on emunand. in 4a section
    4.Navigate to EmuNAND File Options and then Dump Health & Safety. Let the process finish.
    and
    12 Launch Decrypt9WIP again, and navigate to EmuNAND File Options.

Last edited by Durig, Feb 5, 2016
  20. errork

errork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Because I want to update sysnand to 9.2 and for that I need a cia installer on sysnand right? Like the tutorial says "Your sysNAND will be formatted.
    • Naturally, Devmenu2x will not be installed in Sysnand anymore, but it will be in EmuNAND. You can do Section 4 again if you want a CIA installer in Sysnand still."
    Also, I have a cia installer, but it's on emunand. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Last edited by errork, Feb 5, 2016

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.