Not open for further replies.
  1. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I don't have menuhax...

2. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no menuhax? you might have to redo emunand then.

Last edited by N64, Feb 5, 2016
  3. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    But I have formatted my sysNAND! How can I get my data back in this way?
    I'd like to do and then have the same thing Lokote2134 and Lord_Possum have. I think they got their stuff back, at least.

4. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    from your previous posts it sounds like you have a backup of sysnand so restore your sysnand, you should get all your stuff back then assuming it is present on the SD card.
    then, you do what Lord Possum did - backup your SD card, low level format it, and then redo everything from scratch.

http://gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=6049844#post-6049844

note: I had to do everything from scratch as well for emunand w/ the latest Rxtools. now everything works fine. however I had nothing on sysnand so nothing to lose... maybe one of those guys can help more.

5. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    You mean NAND.bin? Well, I have it... But it has the strange property of not being able to update (I posted a related thread, no-one answered yet...), so I can't update emuNAND without having it completely fresh. And this imply my data will be lost.

Also, how do I do a low-level format?

EDIT: Ok, I've made a mistake. I thought I had to restore NAND.bin to emuNAND lol. Well, how do I clone my NAND.bin to sysNAND?

Last edited by ander, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Blauwtjess

Blauwtjess Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Cant seem to get it to work this way, is this step skippable? or are there other programs like fbi.
    or other methods to install cfw?

7. hudhair

hudhair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I tried installing the spider browser to nand in emunand with FBI. It failed. I was wondering if I could use bigbluemenu to install it. I dont know how to install things to nand with bbm. FBI has been giving me problems lately. Does bbm automatically install things to the nand if needed? Any Suggestions?

Last edited by hudhair, Feb 6, 2016
  8. errork

errork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How do I downgrade from rxtools 3.0 to 2.5.2? I'm having lots of problems on 3.0.

9. Iryu

Iryu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    *EDIT*

When im entering RXtool via webrower its saying "404 File Not Foud" any solution guys?

*EDIT 2*

Why when im entering System Settings in RXtools and closing it why is it returning into Official firmware? Is it because I haven't set up auto boot?

Last edited by Iryu, Feb 6, 2016
  10. samiam144

OP samiam144 Régulier

Canada
    If you have a browser, you can do all the steps normally using WiFi. But you can still use MSET if you want to.
    What's the error?
    BBM can't install an older version of the browser over the newer, installed version. Your last option is to use Devmenu. Both BBM and Devmenu install to the proper location (nand or SD) automatically.
    I believe so but I'd double check if someone in the forum actually owns one to be sure.
    I am not sure what is causing this error. You can run the HBL in EmuNAND, then run FBI, and install any cia that way; you will probably have to use browserhax though, and it may take a while for it actually work.
    maps? Do you mean apps? If so, it's because your nands are still linked. Unlinking nands will fix the issue.
    Actually, everything you are explaining to me is because your nands are linked; that means they use the same ID folder on the SD card. In simpler terms, both your sysnand and emunand are reading your data from the same folder rather than each having their own folder, which is causing your apps to be displaced.
    Not sure about your CN issue though; did you update the payload for it? Since your EmuNAND is on 10.5, you need to use the 10.5 QR code for Ninjhax.
    You will need to transfer your emunand to the other card as well if you want to use two cards, but even then there is a chance you will have issues if you decide to use 1 SD card again. Generally I wouldn't recommend it.
    Btw, you can delete any .cia file that is already installed, it is no longer needed.

That is normal, only rxTools gives you access to run pirated cias. So you have to run rxTools before you are able to run any of those cias you installed. This is why many people use Menuhax; so that their 3DS automatically boots to EmuNAND.
    Yes, you can just repeat Section 4a exactly as before.
    In Section 3, there is a quote on how to set up 2.5.2 on your SD card. Once you do that, all you need to do is use any of the URLs provided in the same quote, and it will load rxTools 2.5.2 instead of 3.0. Of course, you can also load 3.0 using the other entrypoints, or you can delete the rxTools folder from your SD card to get rid of 3.0 completely.
    Black boxes are nothing to worry about (I had them for a time).
    But I am not sure about your BBM issue.. It may help if you try a different rxTools build. There are instructions in the OP.
    You can use Decrypt9WIP or Gateway.
    From the top of my head, the instructions if you are using the Gateway menu:
    Place nand.bin on your SD card.
    Launch Gateway.
    Scroll all the way to the right until you see the option to Downgrade your 3DS. Highlight it.
    Hold dpad UP and press A.
    It will now ask to confirm if you want to restore your nand.bin. Accept at your own risk.
    Once it's done, your 3DS will probably reboot. You can turn off your 3DS at that point and restore your SD card backup you made; this should restore everything, including your data.
    You can skip it, but you won't have any cia installer. But there is still multiple ways to get a cia installer in EmuNAND once you create it, and all those methods are just variations of the methods used in Section 4.
    The URL must be down, you will have to wait, or find an alternate URL.
    Exiting System Settings will always cause the 3DS to reboot, which is why it returns you to the official firmware. But in a way you are correct; if you set up autoboot, Menuhax will launch after you exit system settings, which will put you back into CFW.

Iryu likes this.
  11. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    The problem is... I have already done this and redone ALL the guide from the beginning, until the section where I had to unlink my NANDs. From there, I used TinyFormat on sysNAND, updated emuNAND and got the black screen.

Well, the point is that I have started more than once from scratch, and I still get the same issues. I think the problem lies in my NAND.bin... And I won't be able to solve that and update an emuNAND created by that NAND.bin. This is why I wanted to format emuNAND instead... I would be able to update a fresh one, I hope. The NAND.bin is somewhat stuck in 9.2.

The thread I created didn't receive any responses. So, I'm at a black point (or better, a black screen LOL).

What do you think...? What should I do?

Last edited by ander, Feb 6, 2016
  12. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @ander what version of rxtools are you using? I ask because I have a copy (which I presume is 2.6) that worked fine at all stages.. the only issue it gave me is every time it booted into emunand, it would say "installing data suite...". if you like I can share a copy of this one

Last edited by N64, Feb 6, 2016
  13. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I could give that a try, maybe... Thanks! I'll let you know!
    I just need to replace the RxTools in my SD with the new one, correct? Do I need to replace the one in the 3ds folder too?

14. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just the one in your sd card root, unless you're using HBL to get into rxtools. then you need to do that one too

you also need to make sure you have the three firmware files in rxtools/firm folder otherwise it will hang at the splash screen/black screen

i know you said you don't use themehax but I'm still suspecting it as a problem because that's what I faced. so I'm just sharing this piece in case, since you've tried everything it doesn't hurt just to make sure it's not there. go in your sd card, Nintendo 3DS folder, and browse through both <random character> folders to find the extdata folder. find any folder that's either
    000002cc 000002cd 000002ce
    and remove them. this will reset your theme and ensure that themehax/menuhax is not present on your sd card.

send a PM if you want the download and I'll get it uploaded somewhere in the next 24 hours.

Last edited by N64, Feb 6, 2016
  15. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I'll try it this afternoon, then... Thanks! I'll let you know.

Anyway, where do I need to search those files? Into the emuNAND folder or the sysNAND one? Although I remember it is only in one of them, correct?

16. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    I'm still on section 5. According to this :
    "Once in EmuNAND9, navigate to Complete EmuNAND Setup. Ignore the starter.bin warning and follow the instructions. Wait for the EmuNAND creation process to finish."
    After i press the button like down, up etc until 100%. It will asking me to format or not format? What should i do?

17. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Format, of course lol. You have the backup of the content of the SD card in the pc, right? After formatting, just restore them and proceed with section 6.

18. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    @secousa

You are a fucking god. It worked! Thanks, dude! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!! A lot!!!

Although I didn't install menuhax. Lol, strange things... I had the 00002ce folder.

...Thanks. Again lol.

N64 and samiam144 like this.
  19. Man_Hunt

Man_Hunt Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Yes, i already format it and restore my data to my SD card. Is this normal to missing my eshop game that i already purchased? But the data still on my SD card.

Also i already installed the tinyformat and press Y to unlink my NAND, then i check my SD card. There is no 2 folder on my Nintendo 3DS folder. What should i do, because on the front page, we must have 2 folder, the sysnand and the emunand. I'm still a bit lost in here.

20. ander

ander GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Well, I don't know, telling the truth. EmuNAND is a clone of sysNAND, and as long as they are linked both of them have the same NNID and should share the same data. If they have been unlinked and sysNAND formatted, everything should at least be in emuNAND.
    Do you have a backup of your Nintendo 3DS folder? Data are there. If you can't restore them, you can always run EmuNAND9 -> emuNAND manager option -> clone NAND.bin to emuNAND. The NAND.bin must be placed in the root of your SD.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Installing, Firmware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.