Hacking [Tutorial] How to update your backups using SX OS with the least ban risk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats my point, the dude said they have the ofw option in sx os's boot menu so that people with autorcm can get to ofw without the dongle. made no sense.
I reread the post in question and I don't think he specified that point but you are right that the presence of the dongle does not affect the option of booting into OFW.

ccprodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make it clear OP made the thread about SX ban speculations. Even posted along the lines of “I’ll wait for the kamikaze kids”. I wouldn’t update my games this way.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If people are reportedly being able to update the public dumps made by BBB which lack the cartridge-specific headers, then logically it follows it is not required to have the header in the first place to update in the first place
It's not that logical as you might think.
It could also be the case that Ninty is noticing ppl updating games without a header but doesn't ban them as they want to collect as many of them first (waiting for SX Pro to reach the customers) to then ban all in one big wave instead of banning the very few now and alarming the others.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading game upda
It could also be the case that Ninty is noticing ppl updating games without a header but doesn't ban them as they want to collect as many of them first (waiting for SX Pro to reach the customers) to then ban all in one big wave instead of banning the very few now and alarming the others.
You know you don't even have to have the game inserted to update it right? That alone proves that Nintendo does not do header checks for game updates

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being banned does not mean you cannot download game updates. You can update regardless if you have a header or not or if you are banned or not. That is not what I am talking about here. I never said it was safe for people to update header-less dumps. I just said that if people can update header-less dumps then they do not need the header to update. Even if they get banned for doing so, they would still be able to update those dumps or any other games for that matter.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get the updates from another switch locally and do the updates with the original gamecard on both consoles, then play the xci games

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Being banned does not mean you cannot download game updates. You can update regardless if you have a header or not or if you are banned or not. That is not what I am talking about here. I never said it was safe for people to update header-less dumps. I just said that if people can update header-less dumps then they do not need the header to update. Even if they get banned for doing so, they would still be able to update those dumps or any other games for that matter.
Okay I still might be able to update my games once I'm banned but I don't want to get banned in the first place lol.

Downloading game upda

You know you don't even have to have the game inserted to update it right? That alone proves that Nintendo does not do header checks for game updates
Are you talking about the fact that I can insert a friend's cartridge for literally one second to get the game's icon on my homescreen?
Yes I can update it from then on without having the cartridge any longer but we still don't know whether (whenever we update) the specific unique game's header is transmitted to Ninty or not.
This is no problem with real cartridges but it might be if we do it with BBB releases.
Or do we already know that if a game's icon is stored on the homescreen does not have the unique header stored in the NAND at all?

I would get the updates from another switch locally and do the updates with the original gamecard on both consoles, then play the xci games
I'd consider this the safest way for now.

Last edited by lordelan,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I still might be able to update my games once I'm banned but I don't want to get banned in the first place lol.
Sorry I did not understand your intent of not being banned. With most people saying they don't care about online or being banned, its hard to tell who actually cares about Nintendo's anti-piracy measures. At any rate, once we have a title installer, we will have a safe way of installing game updates without risking a ban.

Reactions: lordelan

DarkLink31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to risk this, and if Nintendo doesn't store header or cert information immediately on cartridge detection in some log file that is sent back, it would probably be best to "insert" the cart in SX OS, power down and boot up an exclusive nx-dreport hekate config, power down and boot normally into the regular OS without any modifications. Using any modifications at all is probably not a good idea. Hopefully they don't store the info on a cart and push it out automatically on connection.

This is the way I plan on doing it, but I'm only concerned about eShop games, and I know we'll have an installer for that sooner or later. I'll report back if I get banned. I don't plan on ever playing my dumps, or downloaded dumps online though, so I won't notice that ban either way.

Last edited by DarkLink31,

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS GUY IS SMART !
FINALLY SOMEONE SMART !!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Question for you though if it's a bbb dump most of those have zeroed out certs or the cert has been removed wouldn't that come back as a zero D.I.D which is the only thing they are for sure looking for ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've read this article, but there's no proof that switch doesn't send certificate when updating game cartridge.
It doesn't require the cartridge's certificate but you are still connecting online so at the very least it requires the console's certificate which is leading to the banwave we are currently in the middle of.

Reactions: Dr.doom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.