Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to update. I reformated my emuNAND, unlinked the sysNAND and emuNAND, reinstalled the 9.5 N3DS U update via sysUpdater, but sadly got the same result. No matter how hard I try, the emuNAND says its setting up the home menu, but then after that message disappears, nothing loads. Sadly I think this is just a procedure that for whatever reason might not work on very specific 3DS systems. At the end of the day, it's really not a big deal. The only feature of later firmware that I'm looking for is amiibo support, but I'm OK without that, as only 2 games i play on the 3DS, one being Smash where I can just create my amiibo fighters on my Wii U instead, and the other being Chibi Robo, only because I'm playing it now, but I suspect I wont care about it soon, and I really don't care much about the support that game offers. I have no interest in the happy home designer game where the bulk of 3DS amiibo functionality seems to rest in.
The only thing I can think of at this point in your case is your missing titles in Sysnand so your Emunand also is missing those titles or you have a faulty sd card (dead or dying) sorry this didn't work for you but the CIA's are universal so it's not that.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of at this point in your case is your missing titles in Sysnand so your Emunand also is missing those titles or you have a faulty sd card (dead or dying) sorry this didn't work for you but the CIA's are universal so it's not that.

Yeah its truly a head scratcher. Sadly I know I'm not missing any sysnand or emunand files either, nor is the sd card faulty in any other way I've noticed. I'm certain your tutorial does work for 99% of users, but whatever it is that is going wrong is just not working. Like I said not the biggest of deals, no games yet have been unplayable so, the lack of amiibo support of my 3DS isn't gonna kill me.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to update. I reformated my emuNAND, unlinked the sysNAND and emuNAND, reinstalled the 9.5 N3DS U update via sysUpdater, but sadly got the same result. No matter how hard I try, the emuNAND says its setting up the home menu, but then after that message disappears, nothing loads. Sadly I think this is just a procedure that for whatever reason might not work on very specific 3DS systems. At the end of the day, it's really not a big deal. The only feature of later firmware that I'm looking for is amiibo support, but I'm OK without that, as only 2 games i play on the 3DS, one being Smash where I can just create my amiibo fighters on my Wii U instead, and the other being Chibi Robo, only because I'm playing it now, but I suspect I wont care about it soon, and I really don't care much about the support that game offers. I have no interest in the happy home designer game where the bulk of 3DS amiibo functionality seems to rest in.

The reason why it won't work is because these are 2 different systems.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why it won't work is because these are 2 different systems.

What are you talking about? I'm only using one 3DS. And if you're saying its because I unlinked my sysNAND and emuNAND, that's not the case either, because I tried both ways plenty of times with both NANDs linked and unlinked. It's just something that really can't be explained.

Ragin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a question. I was trying to update using bigbluemenu and was told to use sysupdater I think yesterday. But your screenshot guide says to not use emunand through gateway...the only way i can get onto my emunand is through my gateway card. How in the world do I use this? I don't want to mess anything up as it takes way to long to install all the games and such. I want to beable to effectively and errorfree use freemultipatcher. So I can use the estore to update and download dlc.

also you mention your 9.5 update has 104cias. the one i got from the 3ds site you suggested for my region and the new 3ds system it has 105cias. not 104.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have a question. I was trying to update using bigbluemenu and was told to use sysupdater I think yesterday. But your screenshot guide says to not use emunand through gateway...the only way i can get onto my emunand is through my gateway card. How in the world do I use this? I don't want to mess anything up as it takes way to long to install all the games and such. I want to beable to effectively and errorfree use freemultipatcher. So I can use the estore to update and download dlc.

also you mention your 9.5 update has 104cias. the one i got from the 3ds site you suggested for my region and the new 3ds system it has 105cias. not 104.

5) Safely eject your MicroSD card by left clicking on the drive it is plugged into on your PC, insert your MicroSD card back in and boot your New 3DS and enter your Emunand either by using a CFW that supports the New 3DS or enter Emunand Using your Gateway Red Card. CONFIRM YOUR IN EMUNAND! DO NOT GO TO SYSTEM SETTINGS THEN EXIT THIS WILL KICK YOU BACK TO SYSNAND!
You can use my link as i'm the one who provided the initial CIA pack to that site maybe a CIA was added but the 104 CIA's are from NUS before the pull.

Ragin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya xenon I saw what your tutorial said. I was more of questioning the picture and instructions of sysupdater itself. Why does sysupdater in big warning signs say not to use gateway mode? And what do you mean QR code isn't patched for games in -23? Can you elaborate?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually I guess it says. sysnand gateway mode. not emunand. but i didn't even know there WAS a sysnand gateway mode. If there is I have no idea how to get to that or why you'd want to even use it

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya xenon I saw what your tutorial said. I was more of questioning the picture and instructions of sysupdater itself. Why does sysupdater in big warning signs say not to use gateway mode? And what do you mean QR code isn't patched for games in -23? Can you elaborate?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually I guess it says. sysnand gateway mode. not emunand. but i didn't even know there WAS a sysnand gateway mode. If there is I have no idea how to get to that or why you'd want to even use it
One can enter sysnand gateway mode by holding the B button then pressing A then X when prompted to.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so I finally found the solution to my issue. Booting into my emuNAND via menuhax 2.0 allowed for my N3DS to successfully update my emuNAND's firmware. While for whatever reason, try as I might, booting into the emuNAND while loading through the original menu/themehax would freeze after it said setting up the menu or whatever. So for whatever reason, that was problem, if you do this either use menuhax 2.0 or any other method to boot into your emuNAND that isn't the original version of menuhax. This was the only thing I changed for when I last tried and apparently that's all that was ever necessary.

So happy to have amiibo support and theme shuffling in my emuNAND, it's amazing!!!

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so I finally found the solution to my issue. Booting into my emuNAND via menuhax 2.0 allowed for my N3DS to successfully update my emuNAND's firmware. While for whatever reason, try as I might, booting into the emuNAND while loading through the original menu/themehax would freeze after it said setting up the menu or whatever. So for whatever reason, that was problem, if you do this either use menuhax 2.0 or any other method to boot into your emuNAND that isn't the original version of menuhax. This was the only thing I changed for when I last tried and apparently that's all that was ever necessary.

So happy to have amiibo support and theme shuffling in my emuNAND, it's amazing!!!
Glad you got it working ill add your problem to the tut.

carterae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same problem as duffmmann, have tried booting emuNAND from 2.5 (menuhax 2.0, and tried using both cakesfw and rxTools, if that makes any difference) and still can't get it to work. Did you do anything else to get it?

Last edited by carterae,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
question , the new 3DS does not support emunand 10.3...right ?
what if i update the emunand to 10.3 on OLD 3DS , then made a back up using emunand tools
then restore it on the new 3DS card
can this work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM