Not open for further replies.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this earlier...

To separate emunand from sysnand, boot into sysnand, go to settings and on the last page (with the format option). Once you're there, remove the SD Card from the 3DS then format the 3DS (it'll require an internet connection but won't update, don't worry). Once it's formatted, the 3DS will reboot. Once it's rebooted and the 3DS is on again, put the SD Card back in the 3DS, then do the first setup again. Once the setup is done, it'll create a new folder (different from emunand).

After that, it's done, your sysnand and emunand are separated and configuration on one (theme, settings, programs) won't affect the other one, and you won't have to unwrap your gift each time you boot.

Look right?
Seems about right

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last related question...

Doesn't the Gateway do firmware spoofing? I tried Puzzle & Dragons normally on my 9.0 system and it asks to update to 9.5... Then i tried through Gateway (emuNAND 9.0) and it loaded perfectly. So do we really need to do the update?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do this last night exactly like the above directions state, along with the help by Simplicity and Xenon Hacks, and it worked perfectly. No hiccups at all. My emuNAND is now on 9.5.

This leaves me with a few questions though...

1. Doesn't the Gateway do firmware spoofing? I tried Puzzle & Dragons normally on my 9.0 system and it asks to update to 9.5. then i tried through Gateway (emuNAND 9.0) and it loaded perfectly. So do we really need to update?

2. If I no longer want cia files on my N3DS, how do I delete them? Is there something special I need to do or can I just delete them like a normal demo?

Which .cia files did you use? The ones in the pastebin in the top post, or the files from the ISO site?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, at this point, I'm just convinced this doesn't work unless you managed to download with the 3DNUS before it went down. Because I've tried every possible thing to get this right, and the result is always the same, the EmuNAND says its preparing the home menu, loads for a short while, that message disappears and then the top and bottom screens remain black. I've tried this multiple times with the .cia files both linked by the OP as well as those supplied on that iso site. I even tried loading it through the EmuNAND via the RXtools method and the cakes method, but in both situations the end result is always the same. And I'm only trying to update the emuNAND to 9.5 on my N3DS XL, so I know I'm not trying to go to far with the EmuNAND or anything like that either. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I'd really love to be able to use my amiibos in my 3DS, but I wont be able to if I can't update the EmuNAND properly.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you deviate from someones guide? If this guy gave you a link to where you can download 9.5, than use it. If the link is down, or broken, report it to the OP.

READ WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!! I've tried it with his files, that he links in the OP, as well as the files on the iso site which he also mentions. I'm not deviating, I'm trying both ways that he mentions with no luck. I want to know what worked for the user that got it to work, so I can focus on that set of .cia files and not keep trying every little thing I can think of that might have gone wrong twice between the two different sets.

Sorry if that came off as rude, but I've been following this guide to a T with no results and the last thing I need to hear is don't deviate from the OP when I'm not.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
READ WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!! I've tried it with his files, that he links in the OP, as well as the files on the iso site which he also mentions. I'm not deviating, I'm trying both ways that he mentions with no luck. I want to know what worked for the user that got it to work, so I can focus on that set of .cia files and not keep trying every little thing I can think of that might have gone wrong twice between the two different sets.

Sorry if that came off as rude, but I've been following this guide to a T with no results and the last thing I need to hear is don't deviate from the OP when I'm not.

yeah, and I edit the post accordingly.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...you don't have a GW card?

Was the emunand working before you started the update? Or is this an emunand you pulled from a different system?

Last edited by tony_2018,

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what to say I made the tutorial idiot proof, either you have a fake/corrupted MSD , you're using the wrong region files for your 3ds or the method you use for booting into Emunand is stopping the update from working.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...you don't have a GW card?

Was the emunand working before you started the update? Or is this an emunand you pulled from a different system?

Don't have a GW card, don't need one. My emuNAND works just great (I went back to my emuNAND of 9.0.0-2U) if I don't update or revert back to what it was. And it is an EmuNAND of my N3DS, not another 3DS.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what to say I made the tutorial idiot proof, either you have a fake/corrupted MSD , you're using the wrong region files for your 3ds or the method you use for booting into Emunand is stopping the update from working.

I also agree, maybe the wrong cia's were used. There is a difference between the 3ds and n3ds, even regional, make sure they are correct.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I don't have a corrupted or fake MSD, I'm following your guide to a T, and I'm absolutely using the correcty region files for my 3DS (U), and I've tried both Cakes and RXtools, so unless updating the EmuNAND through either of those means doesn't work and must be updated via an actual GW cart, then you too would have the same issue I'm having if you tried to update my N3DS's emuNAND by following your tutorial. don't know what it could be, I'm truly at a loss.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have a corrupted or fake MSD, I'm following your guide to a T, and I'm absolutely using the correcty region files for my 3DS (U), and I've tried both Cakes and RXtools, so unless updating the EmuNAND through either of those means doesn't work and must be updated via an actual GW cart, then you too would have the same issue I'm having if you tried to update my N3DS's emuNAND by following your tutorial. don't know what it could be, I'm truly at a loss.
When you enter Emunand through rxTools do you have dev mode enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Low-spec ports are on C64.