Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Ansatsu247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using this for a week with French undub.

Everything works in the cutscenes, but for some reason there are still some English voices left over in the game I think. Whenever you waste one of those spells that you get from Divine Beast champion, I am still getting English voices.

e.g.: "Daruk's protection is ready to roll!"

Just wondering if people are running into the same issue, or if its just me fucking it up.

Addim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, during the step where we use NUSPacker, I did what was stated and made the encryptKeyWith file in the folder with nuspacker, but upon starting up the program it says there is no key found to encrypt and uses 1337 repeating instead. Do I just input the title key for botw as the key to be encrypted?

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK SD Cafiine only works with games with SD access and I don't believe BOTW has access.

We might be able to with this, but no one has ported it to Haxchi yet, which is what most people are using.

I think you just need to run this mocha version and this SDCAFIINE version :

https://github.com/Maschell/SDCafiine

Thanks very much for the help. I'll try it out soon.

Sorry for the mega-quote, but I'm just sort of gathering everything together. I am indeed using the Mocha + FSHax combo, as well as the HBL version of SDCafiine. I need to get the server running to see what's going on.

Let me know if you figure it out speckxz.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not planning on trying for a while, but I can't find a download for the HBL version of SDCafiine anyway, which might scupper plans a bit.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, of course, why didn't I think of that? Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, I spoke to a guy who said that he was able to change music files using a Cafiine server, so that would likely work for replacing the dub as well.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the mega-quote, but I'm just sort of gathering everything together. I am indeed using the Mocha + FSHax combo, as well as the HBL version of SDCafiine. I need to get the server running to see what's going on.

Let me know if you figure it out speckxz.
I didn't try this but maybe you don't need a server. When I used to play the DLC of SSB I just put the content on SD card and started the game. Just a guess

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try this but maybe you don't need a server. When I used to play the DLC of SSB I just put the content on SD card and started the game. Just a guess

Yeah, the server is just for logging what's going on. I tested using a music file for Smash and it's working fine, but I can't get the logging server to work to see if it's attempting to replace files in Zelda.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the server is just for logging what's going on. I tested using a music file for Smash and it's working fine, but I can't get the logging server to work to see if it's attempting to replace files in Zelda.
I'm just wondering, in order to patch it properly, I assume I'd need a proper dump. The files I have at the moment are in Code, content and meta format currently, whereas looking at Sm4sh, there's a lot more files.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried with mocha-fshax and then launching kernal+sdcafiine after that (sdcafiine isn't working from homebrewlauncher for me, possibly because I haven't added a logging file). Best I got was the game crashing on launch.

Stennie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Undubbing to Japanese (on USA version) works well, though there is one missing file. "Deku_FirstFailure00.bfstm" in "content\Voice\USen\Stream_Demo300_0". It needs to be copied from the US version on top of the Japanese dub, creating the "Stream_Demo300_0" folder if necessary.

With this file missing, the game crashes when you first fail interacting with the object in front of the Deku Tree.

Also, as a side question, is there a way to NUSPack the game where sighax isn't required to load it?

Last edited by Stennie,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, during the step where we use NUSPacker, I did what was stated and made the encryptKeyWith file in the folder with nuspacker, but upon starting up the program it says there is no key found to encrypt and uses 1337 repeating instead. Do I just input the title key for botw as the key to be encrypted?
You can use whatever key you'd like, since your key will be part of the ticket that is created by the program. It's an informational message, not an error. You could use the real BOTW key if you want to for some reason, but you have to provide the decrypted version of the real BOTW key, not the encrypted one you see in the real ticket.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just tried with mocha-fshax and then launching kernal+sdcafiine after that (sdcafiine isn't working from homebrewlauncher for me, possibly because I haven't added a logging file). Best I got was the game crashing on launch.

When you say SDCafiine wasn't working, what do you mean? Because I thought it wasn't working at first, but testing with Smash it was working fine. Have you tried adding the file Stennie mentioned?

Ginryu21

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Anyone just tried to replace the voices with ftpiiu and see if it works? Maybe that way we don't need a CFW to play the game
Use the FTPiiU method, It works perfect, i used this Tutorial to access the game folder , i have the game instaled in a usb storage(/usb-storage/usr/title/00050000/101C9400(this is zelda game)/) and replace the content in the "content/voice" folder to the japanece voice.(i found the folder whit the voices in a video in youtube xD). thanks for the idea and i hope this is usefull for someone.

Last edited by Ginryu21,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say SDCafiine wasn't working, what do you mean? Because I thought it wasn't working at first, but testing with Smash it was working fine. Have you tried adding the file Stennie mentioned?
It was working actually, the new version just works a bit differently than the old one.

Use the FTPiiU method, It works perfect, i used this Tutorial to access the game folder , i have the game instaled in a usb storage(/usb-storage/usr/title/101C9400(this is zelda game)/) and replace the content in the "content/voice" folder to the japanece voice.(i found the folder whit the voices in a video in youtube xD). thanks for the idea and i hope this is usefull for someone.
This is interesting. Does it run ok when you launch it again? Do you need to use signpatcher or mocha or anything like that?

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was working actually, the new version just works a bit differently than the old one.

This is interesting. Does it run ok when you launch it again? Do you need to use signpatcher or mocha or anything like that?
You still need patching to run the game if you're running it via usb/non-legit ticket.

Last edited by ness151,

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country

So it worked with mocha+FSHax and SDCafiine?
If you inject the files with FTPiiU you don't need a CFW or signpatcher for it work

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, no. The filepatching didn't work with SDCafiine, but SDCafiine was working as it normally would (just without actually replacing the files).

I'm getting conflicting advice here. If I replaced the files using FTPiiU, I would or would not need to run mocha/signpatcher before running the game?

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no. The filepatching didn't work with SDCafiine, but SDCafiine was working as it normally would (just without actually replacing the files).

I'm getting conflicting advice here. If I replaced the files using FTPiiU, I would or would not need to run mocha/signpatcher before running the game?
You don't if you're just replacing the files. You do if you pirated the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!