Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered a Japanese copy of BOTW, "that website" may get an update in a few days ;D

Man, that would be awesome.

What I'd wish for would be, in increasing order of preference (and decreasing convenience for the charitable soul):

1. just the ticket
  2. a loadiine version
  3. just the few hundred MB folder under content/Voice from that loadiine version, and the whole thing later whenever it's convenient (because that JP version is nowhere to be found)
  4. 3 + DLC stuff

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there's voiced dialogue in the DLC, then yeah, that'd need undubbing as well, and the JP DLC ticket hasn't been uploaded yet either. Not sure about how to go about getting it, though... might be possible to mess with a US console and make it connect to the JP eshop, but I'm not sure. Don't know what decides which eshop servers are used, whether it's something in the firmware, the specific eshop version that's installed, or something else.

Currently the only DLC is just chests so there's not a need for a DLC ticket until summer.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I don't know much about Wii U hacking yet, but will decrypting the JP version make it possible to determine the "ticket" for downloading it? And if not, does that mean we have to use the "loadiiine" method for playing the undubbed game, or can we patch the voice files into a western version downloaded with the ticket and play it via hard drive install? Also, what about the day one patch, should that be installed before or after patching?

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Takfloyd It's the other way around, the ticket is used to decrypt the game. If we'll have the ticket for the JP version of the game, undubbing will happen in a matter of minutes. You can play it via brazilian method or loadiine, but the first one is by far the best. And the day one patch does not interact with the voice files, so it should be installed normally after installing the game. However, the problem is that we have no access to the JP game files, so no undub by any means.

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So the guy buying the JP version can't do anything with it until we have that ticket? Where does the ticket code even come from? How did we get the US and EU tickets, but not the JP one?

Reactions: thrik

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ticket comes from the game disc itself or from the game bought from eshop, doesn't really matter. Both the US and EU tickets are dumped from the game disc, but it seems that no one has the JP version of the game to dump the ticket.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I download the JPN game from the NUS now, can I decrypt it later when the key/ticket is released? Would save a couple hours of downloading for me whenever it is released.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
THe voice of Zelda in english is depressing AF wow, the actor is really bad :/, i just heard her in a video, wow, the french one is not the best,n but really not bad comapred to THAT :x.
She sounds like she will cut here wrists at any second.

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Be sure to let us all know your experiences with the undubbed game - there might be hiccups that don't become apparent right away.

Reactions: thrik

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to let us all know your experiences with the undubbed game - there might be hiccups that don't become apparent right away.
I've been wondering about this... but if anything drastic happens, we can just revert to a normal version of the game, right? The save itself should still be compatible?

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been wondering about this... but if anything drastic happens, we can just revert to a normal version of the game, right? The save itself should still be compatible?

Only the voice files get changed, so I imagine the worst thing that can happen is that the JP version might have a different amount of files or something, leading to a crash when the game can't load a file. But more realistically, problems will only be in the vein of lipsync/timing mishaps or possibly cases of voices not having subtitles.

S77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The japanese folder has 930 files while the english one has 913, however the number is different between all languages aviable. I don't think there will be any crashes caused by changing the voice files, there is no reason to be. Also, the lipsync was made for the japanese version so you will have the perfect match, and the timing is the same for all languages. So far, I found no problems whatsoever.

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If the number of files is that different, I'd say it's pretty likely that the surplus Japanese files will fail to be played back when they should be, and will need additional tinkering with the code to work. Keep your ears out for any such cases!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious