Votes: 13 8.9%

• Total voters

dante-feline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to report a ban, too. Hit the road with my laptop and the OP page open and files I needed and without a connection, I couldn't be assed to look through the thread. Blue light, black screen, emunand on n3ds. It's still under warranty, so let's see what Nintendo says. I've got 5 more 3ds' spare to experiment with and mess around with, so it's not a huge loss. As soon as there were reports of users getting banned, I replicated the process (went online on sun/moon) and recieved a ban with the system that is now bricked. I also got one of my spare o3ds' banned as well. So I'd like to give a second round at trying the unbanning method for emunand that I heard mentioned.

It u can use it on Emunand but the steps are different

If anyone would like to elaborate on those "Different steps" to unban an emunand system, please share.

shelby--san

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I created an account to ask a few questions regarding this. I read the whole thread, as well as a few other related ones, but did not find answers to these questions (granted I did not read all 300+ pages, sadly, so if these were already answered in some way, please forgive me).

Me and a friend got banned from playing online with S/M. We are banned from online + eShop, like most people. We have tried the LFCS hex edit with moveable.sed method, and it works, though we restored our original LFCS's to stay safe, since it seems we do not have a ton of info on the matter. If we were to try this method :

- If we make a backup prior, edit the files, and eventually restore the backup, does it restore the original LFCS, nnidsave.bin, etc?
- Is there a risk we could make our cases worse with this method? Could Nintendo issue some kind of harsher ban?

Thank you, guys.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Giodude seriously update the original post saying A9LH only
Good idea. I'll also add a link for the nnid save file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I created an account to ask a few questions regarding this. I read the whole thread, as well as a few other related ones, but did not find answers to these questions (granted I did not read all 300+ pages, sadly, so if these were already answered in some way, please forgive me).

Me and a friend got banned from playing online with S/M. We are banned from online + eShop, like most people. We have tried the LFCS hex edit with moveable.sed method, and it works, though we restored our original LFCS's to stay safe, since it seems we do not have a ton of info on the matter. If we were to try this method :

- If we make a backup prior, edit the files, and eventually restore the backup, does it restore the original LFCS, nnidsave.bin, etc?
- Is there a risk we could make our cases worse with this method? Could Nintendo issue some kind of harsher ban?

Thank you, guys.
In all honesty, this is very untested and nobody quite knows yet. I'll tell you that me and a friend both use the same localfriendcodeseed and are able to play smash woth each other online, but this could change in the future.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you write a tutorial for the single 3ds method?
Honestly it's not too stable atm, and using it gave me tons of eshop errors. If i can purchase pokemon bank from the eshop, then I'll make a tutorial. It's not that hard though, just put the modified arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your sd card. Thats it.

Last edited by Giodude,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly it's not too stabke atm, and using it gave me tons of eshop errors. If i can purchase pokemon bank from the eshop, then I'll make a tutorial. It's not that hard though, just put the modified arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your sd card. Thats it.
No. The online one.

Honestly it's not too stabke atm, and using it gave me tons of eshop errors. If i can purchase pokemon bank from the eshop, then I'll make a tutorial. It's not that hard though, just put the modified arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of your sd card. Thats it.
For eshop. go to setting and hold xy and press nnid settings. you need to remove it

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The online one.

For eshop. go to setting and hold xy and press nnid settings. you need to remove it
I know, i removed my nnid, but i get an eshop error either way with the new nnid. I'll try to find the error code i got if i can. It's not the banner error, it's different, and only of i have an nnid loaded. Also, online one?

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did everything right I think, go to inject the localfriendseed B only to get some error when trying to reinject it using De9. Is there anything I could have messed up there?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everything right I think, go to inject the localfriendseed B only to get some error when trying to reinject it using De9. Is there anything I could have messed up there?
i've been hearing this quite alot actually, and i still have no idea what's causing it. What error do you get?

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wait, just had a look and for some reason it was a jpg file so thats probably why that errorcode threw itself up. What filetype is it supposed to be?

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nothing. It has no file extension. It's just called localfriendcodeseed_B
No bloody clue why it's saved as a jpg then, would have to get it as a no fileextension direct from the SD right or is there a way I can change it from a jpg file?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No bloody clue why it's saved as a jpg then, would have to get it as a no fileextension direct from the SD right or is there a way I can change it from a jpg file?
first see if renaming it and taking away jpg works. You can just do it through fbi it takes 2 seconds. If it still fails, thats a bad file. Re-dump it.

Kal-El

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
first see if renaming it and taking away jpg works. You can just do it through fbi it takes 2 seconds. If it still fails, thats a bad file. Re-dump it.
Yeah it was the file type that messed with it I guess. Injected it after getting a clean send from the friend who gave me his old file and I can connect online with friends list now. Tried to use the eshop, got some weird 011 error so I'm assuming it's to do with the NNID error now.

EDIT: Rebooted my 3ds, now can use eshop so I'm calling that a win. Thanks for your help giodude.

Last edited by Kal-El,
Reactions: Giodude

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My friend has 11.1 and RxTools on EmuNAND ... there's a way to open Decrypt9 on Rxtools and inject the LFS?
And where to inject the LFS? In the Sys or Emu?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has 11.1 and RxTools on EmuNAND ... there's a way to open Decrypt9 on Rxtools and inject the LFS?
Don't, you need a9lh

like, you can technically, but don't, you'll brick the system, you need a9lh to do any of this truly safely

shelby--san

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good idea. I'll also add a link for the nnid save file

In all honesty, this is very untested and nobody quite knows yet. I'll tell you that me and a friend both use the same localfriendcodeseed and are able to play smash woth each other online, but this could change in the future.

Thank you. I followed the tutorial, and since my system had been System Transfered to before, I have my own private LFCS. My 3DS is now fully unbanned, except of course for the linking of a new NNID. :)

Have a nive day!

Last edited by shelby--san,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: ohio