Tutorial  Updated

How to play online pirated games with freeShop (11.8)

I don't know if this method is safe or not, but i tried it and i'm still not banned.

1 - If you already have the pirated game, just uninstall and copy the files of it via System Settings or other apps like JKSV.

2 - Start the download in Sleep Mode of the game you want on freeShop.

Do not complete the download!

3 - Then, go to the Nintendo eShop and search the title of the game you want.

If something like "Redownload" appears on the bottom screen, you can continue.

4 - Stop the Sleep Mode download from freeShop.

5 - Search the game up on the Nintendo eShop again and start the "Redownload" in any way you want (Download Later or Download Now)

Wait for the game to download.

6 - If you completed Step 1, when you try to open up the game, it will ask you to "inject" the save files again. Just DO IT.

And...that's it. I hope you find this guide helpful. If you notice any grammar errors, english is not my native language.
As of today, i'm still not banned.

There are alot of tutorials to play pirated games online, but i think this is just the most simple one.

Last edited by synkI,
Reactions: sweis12 and Hmed

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I'm with the masse here. What is the difference between installing a game from Freeshop, CIAngle or some Windows based app to download the .cia and installing it with FBI. None of them would have a proper header correct?
When downloading with an app that accesses the CDN, a copy of your ticket is sent to Nintendo's servers. This allows Nintendo to distinguish between pirated and legit titles. The only safe way to get around this is to download the CIA through your PC and install it with FBI.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When downloading with an app that accesses the CDN, a copy of your ticket is sent to Nintendo's servers. This allows Nintendo to distinguish between pirated and legit titles. The only safe way to get around this is to download the CIA through your PC and install it with FBI.

Ahh, so what is the app of choice these days then? I've read Wii U USB Helper has been discontinued but will still work with some tweaking. I've used 3DSeSTUFF and had good luck with it.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, so what is the app of choice these days then? I've read Wii U USB Helper has been discontinued but will still work with some tweaking. I've used 3DSeSTUFF and had good luck with it.
You can use Villain3DS or download CIAs from that ISO site.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it believed that Villain3DS will go down when Nintendo starts requesting the new header? I'm honestly confused now.
Yes, Villain will likely go down when Nintendo enforces the header check. At that point, the only safe option for 3DS piracy will be to find CIAs online and install them with FBI.

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but cant you unban yourself especially if you remove your nnid?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im on 11.7 4 now

i dont think this will affect me because it tells me to update and doesnt send tickets to the server - freeshop sleep downloads dont work but it is still good

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so everyone get a 128gb card and download all you want while still on 11.7, that about right?
yup

i hope they dont make it so it sends a ticket when you play - if that happened then everyone above 11.7 would be screwed

idk if i should update - SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A VERSION SPOOFER!

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yup

i hope they dont make it so it sends a ticket when you play - if that happened then everyone above 11.7 would be screwed

idk if i should update - SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A VERSION SPOOFER!

imagine that, always online requirement for a handheld

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
All the info provided in this tutorial is incorrect.

Installing a ticket of a title with Freeshop, FBI or whatever program, and download the title from eShop doesn't solve anything at all.
You probably will be banned later.

he problem is that Nintendo checking the tickets if you legally purchased a game. And to spoils the fun, every non officially installed ticket isn't correctly signed.

So, a fully "freeshop,fbi,..." installation or just installing the ticket and downliad from the eShop is just the same.

The main problem is the correctly signing of titles that we currently and probably never can fix with homebrew.

Just a reminder:
- ticket installation and downloading from eShop is not the same as a LEGIT game.

- Cia installation is not the same as a LEGIT game.

- A ticket is partly signed which gives us the possibility to redownload the a title from the eShop however the game can't be transfered over to other 3DS systems and is not playable without signature patched CFW.

- A legal purchased game is FULLY signed and can be played without CFW.

In short:
There is NO "safe" way to install and play titles online without officially purchase a game.
All other homebrew stuff will result in exactly the same.

Unless we can create a perfectly fully signed ticket of titles, which probably never happen, all installations and "tricks" are even unsafe.

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the info provided in this tutorial is incorrect.

Installing a ticket of a title with Freeshop, FBI or whatever program, and download the title from eShop doesn't solve anything at all.
You probably will be banned later.

he problem is that Nintendo checking the tickets if you legally purchased a game. And to spoils the fun, every non officially installed ticket isn't correctly signed.

So, a fully "freeshop,fbi,..." installation or just installing the ticket and downliad from the eShop is just the same.

The main problem is the correctly signing of titles that we currently and probably never can fix with homebrew.

Just a reminder:
- ticket installation and downloading from eShop is not the same as a LEGIT game.

- Cia installation is not the same as a LEGIT game.

- A ticket is partly signed which gives us the possibility to redownload the a title from the eShop however the game can't be transfered over to other 3DS systems and is not playable without signature patched CFW.

- A legal purchased game is FULLY signed and can be played without CFW.

In short:
There is NO "safe" way to install and play titles online without officially purchase a game.
All other homebrew stuff will result in exactly the same.

Unless we can create a perfectly fully signed ticket of titles, which probably never happen, all installations and "tricks" are even unsafe.
thx for the clarification - does 11.7 send a ticket to the server?

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why not?

also when i sleep download in 11.7 it says i need to update
because going to the eshop to finished a pirated download will most likely get you banned no matter what firmware you have. if youre still on 11.7 you dont need to sleep download you can download it normaly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1