Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this running correctly. I don't have Ironfall, so I'm using TubeHax to install the save (only because the guide assumes you have it, I have access to SaveDataFiler and would very much prefer to use that), but it always hangs on the top screen when loading. I'm making sure to completely clear out the save before every attempt, and I'm selecting the right version (9.0.0-20E), but I just can't get it to load.

Any suggestions?

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Just so you know, There seems to be enough space for one savefile in the cart.

0.- Backup save with youhax, there should be 3 .bin files.
1.- Erase save (x+Y+A+B)
2.- Install OOTHAX to a different slot than the save you want to restore
3.- Use svdt to restore one of the original .bin files to the cart

Seems to work fine, svdt wouldn't be able to copy back the save if there was no space left. Anyway, I hope someone works on the sd version.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
according to the oot3dhax_installer git

If you wanted to use regionFOUR or ninjhax1 payloads and fetch them either from a different URL or from the SD card, there's nothing stopping you as long as those payloads support otherapp (which the ironhax payloads do, since they're built for apps that aren't Cubic Ninja).

and regionfour git

To build cn_secondary_payload binaries which can then be run under non-cubicninja apps, pass the --enableotherapp option to either of the above build scripts. The built binaries are only new3ds/old3ds + system-version specific, region is not relevant for the built payload. QR code building and cn_save_initial_loader building are skipped with this option. See cn_secondary_payload/otherapp.ld for the binary base address. The payload must be called with r0 set to an address for a paramblk structure, see cn_secondary_payload or oot3dhax for the format of that structure. This allows the payload to be used under any app where the exploit which loaded the payload setup a paramblk struct correctly, including OoT3D: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax

and ninjahax git also mention about the cn_secondary_payload

Last edited by happydance,

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I configure the installer with my OLD 9.9.0 3DS To install the Save to Run Ninjhax 1.1 for my NEW 3DS 9.2?

shinmai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hello all! So, after having a bit of trouble with getting this to work, I decided that I'd make a tutorial on how to use this for general convenience.
1.) Download the 'oot3dhax_installer'
2.) Drag the '3ds' folder directly to the root of your SD card to go alongside your other homebrew.
3.) Download any homebrew in a .3DSX format and place it in the installer's app folder. (it's called 'ootsdhax_installer') The file can be named anything (besides 'boot'), but for convenience, I just named it 'payload.3dsx'.
4.) Follow the steps to get TubeHax/IronHax working and back up your OoT3D saves. (You can use this.)
5.) Go ahead and launch OoT3D, and as the game is booting, hold A, B, X, and Y. This will ask you if you want to wipe the save files. Go through with it, and wipe all save data. (Remember, this can be restored later if you want.)
6.) Exit out of OoT3D, and load TubeHax/IronHax again. This time, run the OoT3DHax installer and follow all of the instructions.
7.) If all goes well, the payload should successfully install.
8.) Boot up OoT3D again. There should now be a savefile named 'idleaway**********...' which extends past the screen. Go ahead and start that one.
9.) Click any of the menu buttons, interact with anything, play the ocarina... basically do any action to trigger something.
10.) Your .3DSX should now load!

Followed this to the l etter, but simply CANNOT get this to work on 10.0.0-27E.
I've done this a dozen times now, once side-by-side with the video to make sure I'm not doing something differently.

Whenever I try to trigger the exploit I get the
"Searching for target"
"some text" that get's covered with "Homemenu robpin ready", that stays on the screen about the same time as the video, but instead of the 3dsx loading, I get dumped into the home menu with a message "Something went wrong, hold power to restart the system."

This would've been really convenient as my only other option currently is tubehax where I always need a wifi that doesn't enforce DNS to boot the homebrew menu.

One thing to note, there was an update to the oot3dhax_installer repository 11 hours ago, and the icon I have in homebrew launcher differs from the video and the installer no longer references Ironfall. I'm wondering if the latest update could be the reason this isn't working for me but has worked for several other people on 10.0...
e: Tried with old binaries, same result.

Last edited by shinmai,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I have two O3DS XLs, one with 9.5.0-22E and the other is 9.9.0-26E (It's also running Tubehax), plus a physical copy of OOT3D.

Should I be able to install the oot3dhax with either of my devices? (And if I can, will I be able to use it on the 9.5 one?)

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've installed the exploit on the cart so it runs on the O3DS 9.5.0 E, and then took it to the 3DS for booting. The first time around it froze trying to search for what I assume was the .3dsx file (Which in this case was Homebrew Launcher.)

I set it up again, this time copying the /3ds directory of the other 3DS SD card into the root of this one. This time I have gotten further, however I'm met with a blue screen with a debug on the top screen. I guess it froze but does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here, or am I just unable to get this working on my 3DS?

Tech0verlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed this to the l etter, but simply CANNOT get this to work on 10.0.0-27E.
I've done this a dozen times now, once side-by-side with the video to make sure I'm not doing something differently.

Whenever I try to trigger the exploit I get the
"Searching for target"
"some text" that get's covered with "Homemenu robpin ready", that stays on the screen about the same time as the video, but instead of the 3dsx loading, I get dumped into the home menu with a message "Something went wrong, hold power to restart the system."

This would've been really convenient as my only other option currently is tubehax where I always need a wifi that doesn't enforce DNS to boot the homebrew menu.

One thing to note, there was an update to the oot3dhax_installer repository 11 hours ago, and the icon I have in homebrew launcher differs from the video and the installer no longer references Ironfall. I'm wondering if the latest update could be the reason this isn't working for me but has worked for several other people on 10.0...
e: Tried with old binaries, same result.
When it asks what firmware you are on, use 9.9, not 10.0. Had the same issue on my N3DSXL, and out of curiosity I tried the lower firmware and it worked.

However, with the advent of 10.1 today, I wonder what we will have to set the firmware number to.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When it asks what firmware you are on, use 9.9, not 10.0. Had the same issue on my N3DSXL, and out of curiosity I tried the lower firmware and it worked.

However, with the advent of 10.1 today, I wonder what we will have to set the firmware number to.

Just to be clear, you're telling me to put the exploit on 9.9 so I can use it on my 9.5.0 3DS XL, correct?

I'll give it a try anyway.

Tech0verlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I was replying to shinmai. I'm not sure what's going on in your case. The only thing I can think of is maybe setting your region or ds type wrong in the installer. Make sure you are using the updated boot.3dsx, as the one included in the starter kit might be outdated.

Deleted member 371699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I'm using N10.1.0 at the moment for testing purposes. I tested with versions N9.9.0EU, N10.0.0EU and N10.1.0EU. None have worked so far. I suppose we'll have to wait o/

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies about that. I misread who the quote was to.

I re-downloaded the boot.3dsx and renamed it payload.3dsx, replacing all versions of that into both SD cards and I had the OOT3DHax correctly installed to the firmware version I wish to use it on (The 3DS 9.5.0) I still end up hanging on the debug screen after initiating the hax.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo