Votes: 139 15.2%
  • Very understandable

Votes: 550 60.0%
  • Perfect?

Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

The "SetupUS" basically just puts the necessary files like the "makerom" one in the install directory, nothing else. Have you tried running it with admin privileges? Quite often (for me at least), cmd programs that only pop-up for a split second run properly if I run as admin. As for why cmd doesn't work in general for you, it's something you did most likely...
Doesn't work. I run the hacktool as admin and normal cmd from my start menu or right click context menu as admin and it doesn't work. I would take in consideration it was me who did something but the cmd flashes exactly like the hack tool does. In a way I've never seen it. It starts as a big window, but then turns into a small window.

I tried doing what the dev said in a github issue, but now I can't even run .BAT files :D. I don't see an option to remove this in programs and features. Now I only just want to uninstall this.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work. I run the hacktool as admin and normal cmd from my start menu or right click context menu as admin and it doesn't work. I would take in consideration it was me who did something but the cmd flashes exactly like the hack tool does. In a way I've never seen it. It starts as a big window, but then turns into a small window.

I tried doing what the dev said in a github issue, but now I can't even run .BAT files :D. I don't see an option to remove this in programs and features. Now I only just want to uninstall this.
Sounds like you have some incompatible registry files or something wonky going on in your environment variables.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to decrypt and rebuild a cxi file for a Pokemon UM randomizer for citra. Unpacking the cxi works fine, all the files are nicely in their respective folders. When I replace the files and then hit R to rebuild though, it creates a .3ds file that is 0kb big. A .3ds file works in citra just fine, but is there a reason it keeps corrupting?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because there is no rebuild option from CXi (it's just an old option for use with HANS as it doesn't need to rebuild the files, just extract cxi and put edited files in the sd).
Extract 3ds, rebuild 3ds.

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there is no rebuild option from CXi (it's just an old option for use with HANS as it doesn't need to rebuild the files, just extract cxi and put edited files in the sd).
Extract 3ds, rebuild 3ds.
If that's the case, i'll try using a cia instead. I got the cxi through wii u usb helper, so i can easily compile it into a cia as well.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i extracted the cia, it didnt make extracted romfs and extracted exefs folders, all i have is the .bin files. Is this normal?
Decrypted cias need to use v9, encrypted cias need to use v10+. Make sure you're using the correct version of HackingToolkit to extract your cia. It sounds like you didn't use the correct version of HackingToolkit because you didn't get the folders.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypted cias need to use v9, encrypted cias need to use v10+. Make sure you're using the correct version of HackingToolkit to extract your cia. It sounds like you didn't use the correct version of HackingToolkit because you didn't get the folders.
I got hackingtoolkit9ds v11, and this time it made folders. Afterrwards it made another corrupted 0kb .3ds file.

QuinnHanover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m really sorry to bug this thread but might someone be able to assist me? I’m using GM9 to get a CIA from my game but when I use the HackingTool to try and extract the file it doesn’t completely extract it correctly... What am I doing wrong??

EDIT: Crap disregard xD I just read the previous entries...

Last edited by QuinnHanover,

Ennis0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies in advance for what must be a common question. I've been searching for some time and have not been able to find an answer. The situation is that I have .3ds files that I want to run in Citra. However when I try to open them in Citra, it says that it cannot use them because they are encrypted. By my understanding of the tutorial, extracting a .3ds file and then rebuilding it should result in a decrypted file. However when I tried this, Citra says the resulting file is still encrypted. I have 2 3DSs so I am willing to use those to decrypt if absolutely necessary, however I would like to avoid the hassle if possible. Thank you very much to anyone who can help me.

Incidentally, the Summary section of the first post lists a section called Decrypting, which is no longer included in the post. The author may want to edit that.

Kaotico

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I'm aware this has been asked before but I haven't found any answer yet. After I type "d" then put in my file name (without the extension) so just "sun" (for sun.3ds)it takes about 3 seconds then says extraction complete, but nothing happened. I double checked all the criteria and everything should be fine, except for the thing about clean/undecrypted or something which I don't know how to do. Just please tell me what I need to do to fix this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol