• Perfect?

Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

Anyelou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I followed the tutorial, no fault, but I could not access the texts of the game, instead I got these nearly 10,000 files, it is normal?

The game is Final Fantasy Explorer

cxvzcx.png

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was trying to randomize a Pokemon game. I followed the tutorial as good as I could. After I built the *.3ds file, this happens:

I can load the game in emuNAND of Gateway, the banner's there. But as soon as I launch the game, I get the error: The game card was removed. Press home button to return to Home Menu. And I'm back in sysNAND.

What mistake could I have made that let to that error?

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Asia81 Is there a way to get the DecryptedRomFS.bin, DecryptedBanner.bin, and DecryptedExeFS.bin *without* your Toolkit automatically extracting the contents of DecryptedRomFS.bin and corrupting the files with Japanese names, and spending time doing what I'll end up deleting and redoing with the included RomFS Extractor designed for those RomFSes?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do I need to use a Setup since 4.8? I'm not really trusting anything that has something to do with "hacking" and requires me to use admin rights on my Windows PC... Besides, VirusTotal shows a malware in that package, not sure if this is a false positive or a real thing now...

It install just all tools needed as ctrtool.
It's just because I want the least amount of files in the main directory:
1458830148-mainfolder.png

And the main program will load tools from the HackingToolkit3DS folder, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool.exe
Actually it's:
"%PROGRAMFILES%\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool.exe" -p --ncch=0 --romfs=DecryptedRomFS.bin %NomD%

There is no viruses, but if you don't want trust me, so... don't use it.

When i use HackingToolkit3DS.exe to extract the cxi it gives an error saying it can't find the directory to the specified file, can anybody help?

Screen of your folder please.
Make sure your CXI have no special characters, nor spaces in the name.

Have you posted sources for the binaries you include in your pack? If not would you be willing to do so?
You, and @EpicLPer
There is no source.
Actually the Setup is compiled using Inno Setup Compiler, and the main tool is firstly a batch script compiled in exe using an own pro version of a Batch Compiler.

Hello, I followed the tutorial, no fault, but I could not access the texts of the game, instead I got these nearly 10,000 files, it is normal?
The game is Final Fantasy Explorer
I'm sure it's normal.
Delete your ExtractedRomFS folder, and extract your DecryptedRomFS.bin using RomFS Extractor.
And NO NEED TO PM ME.

I was trying to randomize a Pokemon game. I followed the tutorial as good as I could. After I built the *.3ds file, this happens:
I can load the game in emuNAND of Gateway, the banner's there. But as soon as I launch the game, I get the error: The game card was removed. Press home button to return to Home Menu. And I'm back in sysNAND.
What mistake could I have made that let to that error?

I don't help for these kind of thing since it's due to your edit or anything else not related to my tool.
And I don't even know what you edited :/

@Asia81 Is there a way to get the DecryptedRomFS.bin, DecryptedBanner.bin, and DecryptedExeFS.bin *without* your Toolkit automatically extracting the contents of DecryptedRomFS.bin and corrupting the files with Japanese names, and spending time doing what I'll end up deleting and redoing with the included RomFS Extractor designed for those RomFSes?
Not now, but it's planned.
And if your japanese names are corrupted by CtrTool (so not MY tool), try what I said above about RomFS Extractor.

Last edited by Asia81,

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
As I said, it creates a bit of weird feelings here when using a thing that tries to use admin rights.
But anyways, just to keep "the main directory clean" isn't a good excuse tbh, just make a sub-folder called "tools" or something in there, has the same effect... And is portable...

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course I take suggestions.
I already took some suggestions.
I will see if I can remove admin rights.
But this is all I can do for you.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Of course I take suggestions.
I already took some suggestions.
I will see if I can remove admin rights.
But this is all I can do for you.
If you're trying to put files into either the Program Folder x86 (for 32bit applications) or Program Files (for 64bit) you won't have much luck without those.

Why making it more complicated than it has to be?

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not now, but it's planned.
And if your japanese names are corrupted by CtrTool (so not MY tool), try what I said above about RomFS Extractor.
1. Thank you. I await that update.
2. I know it's crtool, I was referring that your tool triggers the automatic extraction.
3. I just force-quit your tool, then delete what it extracted to save time and space.

1458830148-mainfolder.png

And the main program will load tools from the HackingToolkit3DS folder, for example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool.exe
Actually it's:
"%PROGRAMFILES%\HackingToolkit3DS\ctrtool.exe" -p --ncch=0 --romfs=DecryptedRomFS.bin %NomD%
Now that is actually pretty nifty. I can work with that much better than my packing tool.
If it works, I'll share with you the website for my packing tool.

Reactions: Asia81

Anyelou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure it's normal.
Delete your ExtractedRomFS folder, and extract your DecryptedRomFS.bin using RomFS Extractor.
And NO NEED TO PM ME.

I'm really grateful for your help, and I'm sorry if upset you because I send PM

I did exactly what you recommended, but now I have a folder DecryptedRomFS_ with the same files as before inside.

Please tell me you have any solution.

PS: If the rom.3DS is patched to play online game, influences some of this?

Anyelou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this is normal, What the problem if the game have 10000+ files?

That isn't the problem, the problem is that the files appear without extension and because of this I am unable to access the text.

If I can't extract these files without extension I have nothing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof