• Perfect?

Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I decided not to give up so quickly, so I try to pinpoint where my error was. Please provide suggestions so I can successfully randomize the game Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I successfully extracted the cxi file. This gives me three folders extractedRomFS, extractedExeFS and ExtractedBanner.

I copy those folders into a new folder called EDIT which also contains pk3ds.exe. I open pk3ds.exe, direct it to the folder EDIT, it recognizes it, I randomize stuff.

Now I follow the turorial, I open RomFS Builder, and direct it to the folder RomFS in the EDIT folder. Nest step is open 3ds Builder and feed it a pre-built data file for RomFS, and a uncompressed ExeFS folder, which I take from EDIT. I chose DecryptedRomExHeader.bin as the tutorial suggests. I click go and the program creates a 3ds file. I take this 3ds file to Gateway card and I can see the banner, but when I launch the game it just says Game Card Removed.

Where could be the mistake?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I decided not to give up so quickly, so I try to pinpoint where my error was. Please provide suggestions so I can successfully randomize the game Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

I successfully extracted the cxi file. This gives me three folders extractedRomFS, extractedExeFS and ExtractedBanner.

I copy those folders into a new folder called EDIT which also contains pk3ds.exe. I open pk3ds.exe, direct it to the folder EDIT, it recognizes it, I randomize stuff.

Now I follow the turorial, I open RomFS Builder, and direct it to the folder RomFS in the EDIT folder. Nest step is open 3ds Builder and feed it a pre-built data file for RomFS, and a uncompressed ExeFS folder, which I take from EDIT. I chose DecryptedRomExHeader.bin as the tutorial suggests. I click go and the program creates a 3ds file. I take this 3ds file to Gateway card and I can see the banner, but when I launch the game it just says Game Card Removed.

Where could be the mistake?
It's because you CAN'T use a DecryptedExHeader.bin FROM a CXI for using with a .3DS / .CIA.
You need to extract the ExHeader from a Clean Rom or a Dump using FunkyCIA2 if you bought it.

I already said it...

If you used the First Way:
Write CXI.
Enter the name of your cxi file (without extension).
You are asked if you want decompress your code.bin file, choose (y/n).
Wait while it's extracting.

3 files and the banner folder will be created:
- DecryptedExHeader.bin (Can't be used for 3DS Builder...)
- DecryptedExeFS.bin
- DecryptedRomFS.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, you can't help me more, thx for this. Bye
Hey, it's not because I don't want, it's because I don't know :/

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already created a *.3ds file of my own game using Gateway, could I use that as well or would that not be "clean"?

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks! Here is the screenshot

Attachments

• 3dsexplorer.JPG
    3dsexplorer.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 294

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! Here is the screenshot
Seems to be a clean rom.
Why are you even dealing with CXI ?
You have a .3ds, not a .cxi ...

Just read this tutorial
Decrypting
Second Way: Decrypt your rom on 9.2- (HBL) with a CTR Decryptor (O3DS/N3DS)

And

Extracting
If you used the Second Way:

Reactions: Fil o_O

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used my other 3ds which is on 10.7 to create the cxi file. I didn't follow the second way because my GW console is on 9.0 and I didn't know if that's an issue, secondly I don't have HBL on it. I have mset downgrade on it and I don't wanna mess with it cause I'm not that adept with this stuff.

But now I already have the cxi, and it seems like all I need is the exheader.bin to rebuild the rom. Is it that hard to get it? I don't want to start from the top with the Second Way on 9.2

Last edited by Fil o_O,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, so now I used Ninjax for 9.0 and starter pack for HBL, copied decrypt9wip and put my ECRA.3ds into the folder D9Game. I will hit Decrypt now

EDIT: I got it. It works now, thank you @Asia81 for your assistance

Last edited by Fil o_O,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've put the game inside D9Game and it tells me that nothing is in the folder.
be sure windows is not hidding extension, and you have something like Rom.3ds.3ds
Check also if you have all keys and the seeddb.bin in the root of your SD...

dude22072

Trophies
Website
dude22072.com
XP
Country
United States
be sure windows is not hidding extension, and you have something like Rom.3ds.3ds
Check also if you have all keys and the seeddb.bin in the root of your SD...
I have slot0x1BKeyX, slot0x11key96, and slot0x25KeyX, and seeddb. Extension is not hidden, changed it to txt and back to 3ds and windows yelled at me about changing file extensions both times.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure to don't try to decrypt a .cia with NCCH Decryptor, or decrypt a .3ds with CIA Decryptor?
So maybe it's also because your game is already decrypted. Try to extract it.

Narles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Asia81 Your toolkit is awesome. Thank you so much for all of your hard work on it. I am running into an issue that isn't precisely related to your tools. I am trying to decrypt and unpack the eShop version of Earthbound on my N3DS. I used cearp's eShop toolkit to download and pack an encrypted version of the game as a .cia and .3ds. Then I copied the .3ds version to my D9Game folder and tried using Decrypt9WIP all-in-one 20160309 to run NCCH/NCSD Decryptor. It processes it and detects that it is a Secure4 Seed game. Then when it is verifying, it says that ExHdr was OK but ExeFS and RomFS failed. I have all of the correct key files stored on the SD card, I've updated my seeds.db using Decrypt9WIP and am following your steps. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thank you!

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have the .cia (Clean?), try to install it, go to its download page on the Eshop, and do "Repair".
Once done, open D9, and update the seeddb.bin file.
Then try again.

Narles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the .cia (Clean?), try to install it, go to its download page on the Eshop, and do "Repair".
Once done, open D9, and update the seeddb.bin file.
Then try again.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you said and I am getting the same result. Since I used @cearp's tool, I was able to produce a clean .cia of the game. This installed just fine and I was able to run the repair process. When I update SeedDB on EmuNAND in Decrypt9WIP, I see the TitleID for Earthbound come up as a duplicate so I know that it is in the seedDB. I've tried decrypting both the .cia and the .3ds and get the same result. Any other things I can try? So far, I have only seen people on the forums downloading cryptofixed CIAs to extract RomFS but I would like to do it myself from Earthbound which I legitimately purchased. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
    NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol: "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!