Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe i'm saying this, but i found out what was going on with my micro sd and the non stop 0 mb bug. there are literally some games so corrupt then when you write them to the micro sd, it corrupts either the writer, or the template.:nayps3:

after redownloading and adding the games i had no idea how they could fail, they suceeded. i don't know what game did it to me, i'm split between kid icarus, senran kagura burst, and ....tetris. as much as i would love to blame tetris (i really would) i think its one of the others.

You keep your Tetris blame to yourself, mister. That game is a gem.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, can someone make a VIDEO showing the scrolling bug on a game? as well as then going back around, and then actually running the game? i can't tell if kid icarus and senran are both busted, or if its the scroll bug. i mean it is scrolling past them but...its...very different from the description of how they should be...

to make sure this happens, would the volunteer please SAY SO in this topic? so, if noone has claimed it yet, PLEASE claim the spot of video maker for your own!

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i'm split between kid icarus, senran kagura burst, and ....tetris. as much as i would love to blame tetris (i really would) i think its one of the others.

senran ehh? :creep:

hey, can someone make a VIDEO showing the scrolling bug on a game? as well as then going back around, and then actually running the game? i can't tell if kid icarus and senran are both busted, or if its the scroll bug. i mean it is scrolling past them but...its...very different from the description of how they should be...

to make sure this happens, would the volunteer please SAY SO in this topic? so, if noone has claimed it yet, PLEASE claim the spot of video maker for your own!

Claim the spot of video maker? what do you mean? Whoever can make videos just do it. I'd be glad to do it but my sky3ds isnt fearekalgin here yet!

SlateXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue. I'm trying to put the new games that have EEPROM No, on a separate sd card so i don't botch my first.

However i load a few games and put the sd card into the sky3ds and no game will load. The led light just blinks then stops. Or blinks continuously and no game will load. Then if i keep ejecting the sky3ds eventually the first game will load but i can't get it to cycle through games. Obviously i'm not doing something right.

Do i have to have all 10 of the original games i first used, then add an 11th, 12th etc? Quite confused.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having an issue. I'm trying to put the new games that have EEPROM No, on a separate sd card so i don't botch my first.

However i load a few games and put the sd card into the sky3ds and no game will load. The led light just blinks then stops. Or blinks continuously and no game will load. Then if i keep ejecting the sky3ds eventually the first game will load but i can't get it to cycle through games. Obviously i'm not doing something right.

Do i have to have all 10 of the original games i first used, then add an 11th, 12th etc? Quite confused.

your first ten games are 'GOLDEN GAMES' , unless they were buggy when you first put them on, you should make a folder on your pc for the roms as '100% trusted' or something. note, if you havn't run them yet, some games will give a GAME CARD COULD NOT BE READ or a GAME CARD WAS EJECTED error. that just means re download, and re-add the game. (you should go test all 10 right now to check that)

anyway, when you make a new micro sd with games, make the first game one of those 10. if you format the micro, then ad trusted as the first, it will show up nomatter what. (i recommend using your smallest trusted rom for this, for faster transfer time)

anyway, i have FINALLY come across the scroll bug, but, i now would like to say there are TWO scroll bugs. this makes it confusing for say you, who has only dealt with one.

1) the first bug is it changes to the game title, for me its harvest moon tale of two towns. it shows up like normal, then switches as if i pushed the red button, except i did not. this cannot be fixed, but, it is also not exactly a problum. it shows up easily long enough (2-3 seconds) for you to just press A to run the game like normal.

2) the second bug, i'm not sure what the cause is. it seems to be the scroll bug, in COMBINATION with another bug, wher the game wil not show up at al, making it 100% impossible to run the game.

so try this. get your smallest trusted game, and copy it first to game slot 1. then put one of your ones your having bug 2 on next to it, then put another trusted game in slot 3. it wil be easy to tell if game 2 gets skiped past (scroled past) or not, and it should be easy to se if it apears at all on screen or not.

note that sometimes the cart itself bugs out a litle, when that hapens i just remove it and the micro, blow (i know it does nothing, but i'm old fashoned) and i put it back in, maybe 3-5 times. it usualy works by try #5. this is why we put a trusted game in slot 1. that way its easy to tel if its the game, or the cart acting up, and what kinda bug is happening if its the game

anyway do all that and post your results. EVEN if you suceed, its important for me to know how to help people

for me, the 'never even shows and just skips' games are kid icarus, and senran kagura burst. i'm not so mad about senran, its prety much al fan service and no game anyway, that was just for fun, but i'm pretty pissed about kid icarus :(

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your first ten games are 'GOLDEN GAMES' , unless they were buggy when you first put them on, you should make a folder on your pc for the roms as '100% trusted' or something. note, if you havn't run them yet, some games will give a GAME CARD COULD NOT BE READ or a GAME CARD WAS EJECTED error. that just means re download, and re-add the game. (you should go test all 10 right now to check that)

anyway, when you make a new micro sd with games, make the first game one of those 10. if you format the micro, then ad trusted as the first, it will show up nomatter what. (i recommend using your smallest trusted rom for this, for faster transfer time)

anyway, i have FINALLY come across the scroll bug, but, i now would like to say there are TWO scroll bugs. this makes it confusing for say you, who has only dealt with one.

1) the first bug is it changes to the game title, for me its harvest moon tale of two towns. it shows up like normal, then switches as if i pushed the red button, except i did not. this cannot be fixed, but, it is also not exactly a problum. it shows up easily long enough (2-3 seconds) for you to just press A to run the game like normal.

2) the second bug, i'm not sure what the cause is. it seems to be the scroll bug, in COMBINATION with another bug, wher the game wil not show up at al, making it 100% impossible to run the game.

so try this. get your smallest trusted game, and copy it first to game slot 1. then put one of your ones your having bug 2 on next to it, then put another trusted game in slot 3. it wil be easy to tell if game 2 gets skiped past (scroled past) or not, and it should be easy to se if it apears at all on screen or not.

note that sometimes the cart itself bugs out a litle, when that hapens i just remove it and the micro, blow (i know it does nothing, but i'm old fashoned) and i put it back in, maybe 3-5 times. it usualy works by try #5. this is why we put a trusted game in slot 1. that way its easy to tel if its the game, or the cart acting up, and what kinda bug is happening if its the game

anyway do all that and post your results. EVEN if you suceed, its important for me to know how to help people

for me, the 'never even shows and just skips' games are kid icarus, and senran kagura burst. i'm not so mad about senran, its prety much al fan service and no game anyway, that was just for fun, but i'm pretty pissed about kid icarus :(
Gathering from your post...I take it the game MUST load in order to burn a slot?
If the "game can't be read" or "game card was ejected" that slot is still available on the GOLDEN GAME list?

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the game compatibility list may be a bit confusing right now as broken games seems to be a bit random.

For example I copied Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I was constantly getting crashes in the second cutscene. So I reformatted my microSD, and copied the game again and this time it ran and saved fine.

I get the feeling there might be a bug in the disk writer software that's causes games to be corrupted instead of specifically having incompatible games.

Reactions: Arithmatics

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your first 10 are your first 10 nomater what. find one of your 10 that you put it alone of the card, and RUN it. it should read, not get a ejected error, and be able to save the game, and load the game, and when thats done, when you check it on your PC, you do not have '0mb of data left' bug.

that would be the tile you trust to be perfect nomatter what, to always be in slot one. preferably, if you havn't done 10 games yet, add a game that you likly won't play, but is very small, so it has fast burn times. for me, etiran odyssey untold is my smallest, but its 1 gig. there are smaller, but so far my tests show they are corruptors.

BTW, CLEAR games are

cubic ninja (shovel ware, but its only 135MB, so its great to put in slot 1 of all micro SD cards because of its very small size)
etrian untold *because of its duel save map feature, it will not allow you to save it when eeprom = no*
pokemon x
pokemon saphire
fantasy life
concepton 2
monster hunter 3 ultimate (corrupts when first ran, possibly i had a bad rom?) *update, i did indeed have a bad rom*

Mystery
Kirby tripple deluxe (game card could not be read, possibly only bad on my end)

CORRUPTORS
tetris (literally the devil)
kid icarus (all kinds of bad, will reformat your micro sd, do not try, ever)
senran kagura (does not even appear on cart)
animal crossing new leaf (i forget)

possibly corrupt?

persona q (does not even appear on cart)
new super mario bros 2 (i forget)
harvest moon a tale of two towns (0mb bug after first run, and sometimes without even running it)

*if someone can prove these otherwise please do*

its possible that your first 10 may not have the errors later ones have, so if possible, i'd recommend trying harvest moon a tale of two towns, its only 500 mb. so its a very fast transfer. (unless it really is a corruptor that is, then i'd just be useless)

FINALLY, some errors

The game card could not be read (this message pops up on the 3ds home menu, the game will not even try to load.)

possibly a corruptor, but far, far more likly to be a bad rom, or the download had a problem. just re download the game, or get a diffrent source. an example, my pokemon X said this, i got a diffrent download, it worked fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deleting corrupted save data. happens when you first run a game, or the first time you save. (some games save on the title screen, to save their default options.)

don't freak out. if eeprom = no, it can happen sometimes because of the way the game saves. it IS saving to not where its meant to, it really just means its making a sale file. chances of being a corrptor are very low. example, etrian odyssey untold saves on the first run on the title screen to save the games default options, and says this error. the other games ran fine after, and it did not result in the 0mb bug

please hold the power button to turn off. (or something like that) i forgot exactly when this happened. i'll write more when it happens a few more times just to make sure...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game card was removed. this appears after you have run the games, but before it loads. it tells you to push the home button.

this has corrupted before for me, but as far as i'm aware, this is not a corruptor. you can push the home button and it will return you to the main menu. i have not yet had this cause the 0mb bug. the card's change game button acts a bit wierd after you get this error, but usually around 12 pushes later, everything returns to normal. you can also possibly restart the system, or it has been reported, go into system options and leave. its the same as rebooting but faster. as far as i know, this is only cause by having a bad rom, or a bad download, and has no major side effects. just delete the rom, re aquire the game, and try again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0MB bug. this happens when you check your micro sd card using the disk writer. there are a few triggers.

okay, now freak out. this means one of your games is a corrupter. the only way to fix this is to format the micro sd, doing so will delete all save games. because of this, you should test what games cause this bug with a alternate micro sd first by doing the following example. I put on etrian odyssey untold onto my micro sd, then i checked to make sure it loaded on the 3ds. after, i used the program to write kid icarus onto the micro sd. close the program, and then open it right back up after you close it. this is trigger #1. some games can corrupt as early as this. if it does not say you have 0 MB left, proceed to try to run the game on your 3ds. if the game does not even appear, this is a possible trigger#2. if it does appear, okay. now try to run the game, if you get please turn the power off, this is also a possible trigger#3. none of these are set in stone, while simply writing the game onto the card corrupts for some specific title, it does not for others. i do not know the full bounds of the 0 MB bug

it has been reported one time, that by simply unplugging and plugging back in the micro sd to their computer, the 0mb bug went away. i have tried this overall about 60 times over many games, and it has never worked however.

*please note* if you are okay with being unable to edit your micro sd, the 0 mb bug does not actually stop you from playing games or saving. you CAN, when selecting the rom to write, just select all the roms you want to write at the same time and then hit okay. you will not be able to remove games later tho. it is also somewhat likely sky3ds will release a new writer with the 0mb bug fixed in 1-2 months.

extra update: it turns out that this appears to almost 100% be a bug with the writer program. (atleast as of V1.04. in SOME cases, (very few) this can be fixed for awhile for some roms by formatting the micro sd card using your computers default formatting options. reformat using the writer, then reformat using your default windows or mac programs. then format using the program, and ad the game in question. this time it MAY not cause the 0MB bug. here is an example of the bug http://i.imgur.com/TYcLBix.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invisible game bug. you switch from a trusted game, to the game in question, and it is invisible, almost as if it did not load. This has a high chance that if this occurs, it will cause the 0MB bug. if this happens, it will always happen with this rom.

first off, this may be seen as two bugs, so let me clear that up. if this game is in your first 10 games, that means it will just stay there invisible people who don't have their 10 left won't understand this, but you will. for people 10+, the game will switch to the 'blank' almost as if it never loaded, then switch games again. this is either a corrupter, or its just a bad rom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------now to list some other things----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'BAD ROM' this is a term i use, it turns out 3ds roms are prone to automatically getting corrupt during the download process. just redownload the rom again and try again before you call out on it as a corrupter. also, if you got it from a site or person who downloaded it from somewhere else, its possible their copy is corrupt to begin with. possibly download from a different source. a bad rom means it appears as a corrupter, or has a bug like a corrupter, but it does not corrupt, and just refuses to run, or it does not corrupt right away.

Flashing light / can't change games. you know both games are fine, but you cannot change the game by pushing the button, also the blue light isn't flashing as it normally would. just remove the cart and micro, turn of the system, turn it back on, then put the cart back in your 3ds. this may have to be done multiple times. this is both a natural bug, but it is also triggered by a wide array of corrupt rom bugs. however this bug does NOTHING on its own, it is totally harmless. again, just keep re plugging the cart. should fix. before 12 retries and some reboots, or something maybe be wrong. it is common for this bug to start every 8-15 boots / times you put it into the 3ds. again its normal...usually.

testing roms. because it can be very easy for multiple bugs to occur, and multiple roms to be bad, it is highly recommend you only test new roms by getting a micro sd, butting a trusted game on slot 1, and making sure it runs okay. then only putting ONE rom, the one to test, in slot two. if it works, delete it and ad another to test. *tip, deleting 3ds roms happens instantly*

cubic ninja is a game only 135 MB, so it is ideal to be your one of your first 10, and to be your tester dummy.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the game compatibility list may be a bit confusing right now as broken games seems to be a bit random.

For example I copied Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I was constantly getting crashes in the second cutscene. So I reformatted my microSD, and copied the game again and this time it ran and saved fine.

I get the feeling there might be a bug in the disk writer software that's causes games to be corrupted instead of specifically having incompatible games.
And it should be mentioned if this is your first ten GOLDEN GAMES (love that term...think it'll stick) and everyone is ticking the "verify" box right?

your first 10 are your first 10 nomater what. find one of your 10 that you put it alone of the card, and RUN it. it should read, not get a ejected error, and be able to save the game, and load the game, and when thats done, when you check it on your PC, you do not have '0mb of data left' bug.

that would be the tile you trust to be perfect nomatter what, to always be in slot one. preferably, if you havn't done 10 games yet, add a game that you likly won't play, but is very small, so it has fast burn times. for me, etiran odyssey untold is my smallest, but its 1 gig. there are smaller, but so far my tests show they are corruptors.

BTW, CLEAR games are

etrian untold
pokemon x
pokemon saphire
fantasy life
concepton 2

CORRUPTORS
tetris
kid icarus
senran kagura
new leaf

possibly corrupt?
monster hunter 3 ultimate
persona q
new super mario bros 2
harvest moon a tale of two towns

its possible that your first 10 may not have the errors later ones have, so if possible, i'd recommend trying harvest moon a tale of two towns, its only 500 mb. so its a very fast transfer. (unless it really is a corruptor that is, then i'd just be useless)
Cubic Ninja is only 128MB

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also i'd just like to say, even if a game is a corruptor, if you have like a small 4 or 8 GB card, and want to put the game alone, it will likly be okay. ofcorse that means you'd need a micro sd for each game that way. obviously not optiomal.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since cubic ninja is so small (whopping 128MB) for SD#2 I've prepared the following:

-cubic ninja.
-new game.
-cubic ninja.
-new game.
-cubic ninja.
-new game.
-etc....

Yes disk writer allows you to copy the game more than once.
Yes cubic ninja is a GOLDEN GAME on SD#1.

SlateXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok so trusted game loads up right (slot one) , then the LED just blinks frantically. I can't cycle through games bc it won't stop blinking.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry to double post, but hopefully this causes a alert on everyones account to come check this thread. check out my post 3 or 4 posts up, it contains a clear and crrupt game list, bug list, causes, solutions, and other stuff. please read. i'm not done it yet, so re-read it later as well

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so trusted game loads up right (slot one) , then the LED just blinks frantically. I can't cycle through games bc it won't stop blinking.

Sometimes it gets stuck like that. To fix it go into the setting menu and exit out again or power your 3ds off/on again. Settings menu is quicker though.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What would that accomplish, i'm not having the cycling glitch. I can't get the games to cycle at all due to the light blinking

make sure your first game is trusted. then make your second game the one you want to see. also, take the game card out, and the micro, and pblow on them, then put it all back in. do this about 12 times before giving up and thinking its corrupt. 85% of the time for me, thats the soluton.

also if it is corrupt, what game, and how so. check my bugs post, is it 0mb? is the game invisable? something else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i already told you i did play it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Oh, I honestly don't remember, it was a long while ago I imagine.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it was like a couple months ago
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Man, the new art of Callie from Splatoon's Twitter account looks so amazing and cute
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, any other nostalgic flash games you played?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet new south parks out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol 5GB for one episode