Hacking [Tutorial]How to break the game limit on red button Sky3DS cartridges

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The crack program says that a different hex value should be used for 4GB games. Do you think it's worth updating your guide just in case people missed that part?

OK, I can also confirm that even though you don't write games to your microSD with EEPROM = "YES", the Sky3DS still keeps those games as the first 10. These games will remain skip free, but all other games added will skip, no matter what variety of template, EEPROM YES/NO, DiskWriter version, etc.

Thanks for confirming this for me. I had a feeling that'd be the issue you were having.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
i AM using sandisk

also after two tries, i'm getting strange errors that seem to be unrelated to my micro sd or games ... maybe? getting late, and maybe my pc just needs a restart.

Maybe restart pc and switch to another new microsd card reader. Faulty microsd card reader might corrupt the file inside.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The crack program says that a different hex value should be used for 4GB games. Do you think it's worth updating your guide just in case people missed that part?

Oh really? Can you give me the 4GB game name and the different value it needs to use? The biggest I've tested is like.. around 2gb.

Thanks

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh really? Can you give me the 4GB game name and the different value it needs to use? The biggest I've tested is like.. around 2gb.

Thanks

I can't remember any 4GB games off the top of my head but you can see where it says in your own screenshot here

1JGSfw1l.jpg

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just so everyone knows, my internet is facing issues right now and I'm in the process of cleaning up the first post so if you notice it's format is different or messed up crazily it's being fixed ASAP

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I'm going to use the crack tool at all on my first SD with 10 games. I'll just use latest disk writer and template.
Then I'll fuck around with the crack tool.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the thing. just incase it freaks up your sd card, atleast you already have the original 10 with you. sd card #2 becomes scapegoat
Yeah, I think I misread your post. So the latest consensus is put the first 10 on with disk writer the normal way, then use a second card to mess around with?
I tracked my cart and it's on local truck so it will be here today, want to make sure I got my facts straight.

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, I think I misread your post. So the latest consensus is put the first 10 on with disk writer the normal way, then use a second card to mess around with?
I tracked my cart and it's on local truck so it will be here today, want to make sure I got my facts straight.

yasssss

EDIT:
Updated the first post. after template.txt R&D concludes we should start testing for compatibilty. or we can just do both at the same time. Just use this template

Code:
Super Mario (doesn't show on screen, 12/13/14 template.txt)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (shows on screen, 11/06/14 template.txt and DiskWriter)

Or what do you guys think?

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yasssss

EDIT:
Updated the first post. after template.txt R&D concludes we should start testing for compatibilty. or we can just do both at the same time. Just use this template

Code:
Super Mario (doesn't show on screen, 12/13/14 template.txt)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (shows on screen, 11/06/14 template.txt and DiskWriter)

Or what do you guys think?
We defiantly need a compatibility list, should include rom size and region.
I'm guessing a rom that fails to boot is still burned to the list?

@donkeymilk...Did you say mario kart 7 didn't work for you?

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can't believe i'm saying this, but i found out what was going on with my micro sd and the non stop 0 mb bug. there are literally some games so corrupt then when you write them to the micro sd, it corrupts either the writer, or the template.:nayps3:

after redownloading and adding the games i had no idea how they could fail, they suceeded. i don't know what game did it to me, i'm split between kid icarus, senran kagura burst, and ....tetris. as much as i would love to blame tetris (i really would) i think its one of the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: