ROM Hack [TUTORIAL]Give your Mii gold pants and use it for Streetpass!

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably... When I did the process, even with the transferred Mii, I saw the "94" in HxD.

When you created the Mii in the first 3DS, before transfer him into the second 3DS, did you turn sharing/copying off for him? This is needed too.

And, in the DS where you are doing this process, I assume there's only two Mii, right? (the original one, and the transferred one at the second slot on Mii Maker)

Ah, I remade the mii from scratch. Sent it over and it all worked like a charm. Thanks!

Reactions: KaleoOmega

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Doing it now. It's going to be a little messy though

I deleted all Miis except my main one, made a new mii(with copying and sharing off) and used memdump.bin from https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-arcode.383937/
I opened the RAM dump with HxD and searched for "CFOG" as a text string.
Find the 94. It should be in the same place as in this image
73dcd32f1b.png

Take note of the address beside, in this case it's 00895A90 for me. Open ar2bin.exe (from the arcode thread) and put the address inside. Seperate it with a space and go back to HxD.
Copy 4 blocks and paste it into ar2bin and reverse the arrangement.(Remember to replace 94 with 14)
Example: 14E7050B becomes 0B05E714.
Save it as arcode.cht on your SD card (remember to put arcode.bin too) and on the 3DS, open the mii maker then go to http://bit.ly/1LgLvSG (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&arcode.bin
Once the browser crashes go back to Mii maker, favorite the Mii, then go into edit and change the sharing to on and copying to on and save.
At this point it should block you from going back to homescreen.
Just click on the power button and click home and go back into Mii maker. It should still be golden.
And yes, it does work with streetpass :)

EDIT: Video:

Sorry for putting it separate videos. I got too lazy

thank you for your tutorial for gold mii pants. I have a question of memory dump.
After make the 2nd mii, when did you dump the memory? what timing?

thank you.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your tutorial for gold mii pants. I have a question of memory dump.

thank you.

I dumped it after I made my 2nd Mii
So basically you can dump your memory when I injected the AR code in the video
Sorry my english is kinda bad, but I hope you understand

Reactions: Februarysn0w

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

thank you.
timing is not important and only 2 mii's edits is not a rule, it will still work even if your mii creator is full of miis...

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, thanks and THANKS. Finally I have the gold pants, but in the StreetPass Plaza the Mii is shown normally in the opcions of the mii... (only Gold pants).

I just noticed that, haha. I'll look into it, but I'm probably gonna fail
I just read through the whole thread again and I think it was supposed to be like that. Someone did say the original method triggered the special mii event. Can anyone with a 2nd 3DS willing to try and see if the arcode also triggers the event?

EDIT: Apparently some people did get the sparkles and golden menu working, but hey, at least you're still recognized as a special mii to other people.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just noticed that, haha. I'll look into it, but I'm probably gonna fail
I just read through the whole thread and I think it was supposed to be like that. Someone did say the original method triggered the special mii event. Can anyone with a 2nd 3DS willing to try and see if the arcode also triggers the event?

Well, I did the process into my 2 units, and now everytime they do StreetPass, they're recognized as Special Miis by each other.

I recorded this video yesterday after doing the process (sorry for the low quality), and about the language, it's Portuguese.

I will try to upload one or two videos, with better quality, soon (need around three more hours until my units can streetpass each other again).

Here's a recent video, recorded hours ago, with my two units: both have the Golden Mii pants. Sorry for the low audio.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a version which I can run without Cubic Ninja?
I have DS-Profile RopLoader installed on my 4.5 3DS.
I tried to install the Cubic Ninja Ninjhax Exploit with a Selfmade CubicNinja.cia on CFW, but it does not work.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a version which I can run without Cubic Ninja?
I have DS-Profile RopLoader installed on my 4.5 3DS.
I tried to install the Cubic Ninja Ninjhax Exploit with a Selfmade CubicNinja.cia on CFW, but it does not work.
yep i have the cia version of it installed, i think it was posted somewhere here, i remember it wasn't that hard to find, and if you wanna make cubic ninja exploit work on a CFW, install the PBT-CFW = it will install CB on your sysnand and the exploit will work...(CB exploit on palatine cfw was giving me the browser loading some yahoo page freezing-error..)

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yep i have the cia version of it installed, i think it was posted somewhere here, i remember it wasn't that hard to find, and if you wanna make cubic ninja exploit work on a CFW, install the PBT-CFW = it will install CB on your sysnand and the exploit will work...(CB exploit on palatine cfw was giving me the browser loading some yahoo page freezing-error..)

okay. I searched for a cia-version of this exploit but was not able to find it. Do you know where I can get it?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yeah! finally got it!! Thank you for your help.

I think someday Nintendo will block unofficial golden pants mii on future update. but its not my business. FYN
fDO0tx1.jpg

IcyCorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This stuff is confusing. Has anyone tried to make a code.bin so us noobs can make our Mii's special. Sorry if I sound annoying.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This stuff is confusing. Has anyone tried to make a code.bin so us noobs can make our Mii's special. Sorry if I sound annoying.

It's not really that hard.
After you do the memdump just follow this video

After you've followed the process go back to your 3DS and execute arcode.bin. It's not as complicated as it seems

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here is a video that the normal pant mii become a gold pants mii.

Februarysn0w , I have one question: since you changed the pants for the fourth Mii on your video, you used the same .cht from before or you need to recalculate the Hex values?
When I try to change the pants with a third or fourth Mii, just using the previous arcode.cht generated for the second Mii, they just stay with brown pants, not gold...

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Februarysn0w , I have one question: since you changed the pants for the fourth Mii on your video, you used the same .cht from before or you need to recalculate the Hex values?
When I try to change the pants with a third or fourth Mii, just using the previous arcode.cht generated for the second Mii, they just stay with brown pants, not gold...

qapjWiZ.png

Mii on hex code is starting from "03 00" to "E9 30" the value of the Gold mii pants "94" is always set on "6C 07 3F F6 2E E9 C8 95 [94]"
So, now it easy, every time you search the hex value line "6C 07 3F F6 2E E9 C8 95 [94]" then make a arcode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd let Tyson box my router ffs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not one for internet canceling but fuck prime I'll still probably buy the new flavors but fuck prime
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You are prob a secret Jake Paul follower, and bath in Prime
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cancel bigonya guys high time hater
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I've tried prime once
    I've had better tasting battery acid
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?