ROM Hack [TUTORIAL]Give your Mii gold pants and use it for Streetpass!

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
qapjWiZ.png

Mii on hex code is starting "03 00" to "E9 30" the value of the Gold mii pants "94" is always set on "6C 07 3F F6 2E E9 C8 95 [94]"
So, now it easy, every time you search the hex value line "6C 07 3F F6 2E E9 C8 95 [94]" then make a arcode.

If I understand correctly... for the third Mii in my Mii Maker, the arcode should be like this one at the right side on my captured screen below?
I tried this, but the Mii Maker froze immediately after favoriting the third Mii...

PXPbe6q.jpg

Nevermind! I understand, my arcode should be 00B95AEC instead of 00B95AE0. Now it works! Thanks for your help, @FebruarySnow :D

Reactions: Februarysn0w

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't know what to do. Someone needs to make a full video tutorial.
My video which is in 2 parts already covers most of the whole process. The only part I've left out is dumping the memory which is just putting memdump.bin into your SD card and going to this link http://bit.ly/1EjNcdo (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&memdump.bin) on the 3DS. Your bottom screen will flicker a lot for a few minutes and then it will crash the browser, which means your memory dump was successful.

EDIT: Through the AR code way you do not need a cheating device, just a 3ds/2ds on firmware version 9.5.0-22 (You can check in settings) or any other firmware version that supports Spider

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how was Huntereb able to turn sharing on for his gold pants mii and therefore make a qr code of it? i got the arcode method working but no matter what I do I can't make it share the special mii and if i make it with sharing on before i use the code it freezes. how does Huntereb do it?

AndyN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My video which is in 2 parts already covers most of the whole process. The only part I've left out is dumping the memory which is just putting memdump.bin into your SD card and going to this link http://bit.ly/1EjNcdo (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&memdump.bin) on the 3DS. Your bottom screen will flicker a lot for a few minutes and then it will crash the browser, which means your memory dump was successful.

EDIT: Through the AR code way you do not need a cheating device, just a 3ds/2ds on firmware version 9.5.0-22 (You can check in settings) or any other firmware version that supports Spider
Dang, I just updated to 9.5.0-23U last night so I could download some eshop games. I put gold pants on an older 3ds using ninjhax but I was wanting to do it on my primary 3ds. Maybe they will come up with a fix for the newer software version soon.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: AndyN

AndyN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Rourke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi people. I'm new to this. I don't have a copy of Cubic Ninja, so I can't use NINJHAX. But from what I understand NINJHAX is nothing more then something to allow to run homebrew stuff on your 3ds. I allready have a DSTWO flashcard. Can't that be used instead to get the necessary data?

AndyN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Doing it now. It's going to be a little messy though

I deleted all Miis except my main one, made a new mii(with copying and sharing off) and used memdump.bin from https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-arcode.383937/
I opened the RAM dump with HxD and searched for "CFOG" as a text string.
Find the 94. It should be in the same place as in this image
73dcd32f1b.png

Take note of the address beside, in this case it's 00895A90 for me. Open ar2bin.exe (from the arcode thread) and put the address inside. Seperate it with a space and go back to HxD.
Copy 4 blocks and paste it into ar2bin and reverse the arrangement.(Remember to replace 94 with 14)
Example: 14E7050B becomes 0B05E714.
Save it as arcode.cht on your SD card (remember to put arcode.bin too) and on the 3DS, open the mii maker then go to http://bit.ly/1LgLvSG (http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&arcode.bin
Once the browser crashes go back to Mii maker, favorite the Mii, then go into edit and change the sharing to on and copying to on and save.
At this point it should block you from going back to homescreen.
Just click on the power button and click home and go back into Mii maker. It should still be golden.
And yes, it does work with streetpass :)

EDIT: Video:

Sorry for putting it separate videos. I got too lazy

I tired running the dump. But when I looked on the sd card, is the file I'm looking for to modify supposed to be called MII.bin, like in your photo? I couldn't find any file by that name on the sd card. I've already been using the ninjhax method to put gold pants on my older 3ds and it works fine. Is there anything better about this way or does it accomplish the exact same thing? I'm just trying to get a gold pants mii that I can use for streetpass on my 3dsxl (then I don't have to carry 2 of them around with me). I think I will try making a mii on the xl, sending to the old 3ds, making him gold, and sending back to the 3ds xl. Someone in this thread did something similar using the arcode method with good results.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi people. I'm new to this. I don't have a copy of Cubic Ninja, so I can't use NINJHAX. But from what I understand NINJHAX is nothing more then something to allow to run homebrew stuff on your 3ds. I allready have a DSTWO flashcard. Can't that be used instead to get the necessary data?

Nope. DSTWO is in DSi mode and has pretty much no access to anything fun. You need either: CN, Spiderhax (needs 9.5.0-22 or lower) or if someone gets 3dsx loading working, OoT. (Which as far as I know no one has bothered doing)

Or you could dump NAND and decrypt. Then grab the extdata, edit, replace and restore NAND image. That requires being on 9.2 or lower unless you have a hardmod. Also requires getting your 3DS' NAND xorpad so you can actually decrypt it. (Also needs <9.2)

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tired running the dump. But when I looked on the sd card, is the file I'm looking for to modify supposed to be called MII.bin, like in your photo? I couldn't find any file by that name on the sd card. I've already been using the ninjhax method to put gold pants on my older 3ds and it works fine. Is there anything better about this way or does it accomplish the exact same thing? I'm just trying to get a gold pants mii that I can use for streetpass on my 3dsxl (then I don't have to carry 2 of them around with me). I think I will try making a mii on the xl, sending to the old 3ds, making him gold, and sending back to the 3ds xl. Someone in this thread did something similar using the arcode method with good results.

Ah, you're supposed to look for FCRAM.bin I just renamed them to Mii because I needed a way to arrange them. And it's pretty much the same thing, just changing your Mii's pants to gold, but you won't get the gold menu and sparkles (other people that streetpass you will see the gold text and menu)

AndyN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, you're supposed to look for FCRAM.bin I just renamed them to Mii because I needed a way to arrange them. And it's pretty much the same thing, just changing your Mii's pants to gold, but you won't get the gold menu and sparkles (other people that streetpass you will see the gold text and menu)
Thank you for that. You are saying you don't get the gold menu and sparkles using this method? When I used the Ninjhax method other people can see the sparkles, gold menu, and gold speech bubble on their 3ds but on mine it is a blue menu with gold pants only. My special miis can not receive fantastic ratings though. He is given the option to send out fantastic ratings but the other people never receive them. I know this from testing it between my old 3ds and my 3dsxl.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for that. You are saying you don't get the gold menu and sparkles using this method? When I used the Ninjhax method other people can see the sparkles, gold menu, and gold speech bubble on their 3ds but on mine it is a blue menu with gold pants only. My special miis can not receive fantastic ratings though. He is given the option to send out fantastic ratings but the other people never receive them. I know this from testing it between my old 3ds and my 3dsxl.

Other 3DSes can see the gold menu and sparkles but only your own 3DS doesn't see it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D